Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Tragedies Mod Question

There is an option for tragedy occurrences to happy "very slow", how slow is that really? Is that one occurrence every sim week or every sim month or what? I like the idea of this mod but I don't want robberies and illnesses to wipe out my whole family in a few sim weeks.

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hmmm, I used this a while back (before the latest update) and if I recall on 'very slow', events happened approximately once every four or five Sim days.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Hmmm, I used this a while back (before the latest update) and if I recall on 'very slow', events happened approximately once every four or five Sim days.

ugh ok, thanks. Is that including NPC's or just your household?
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Just your household.
  • Options

Just your household.

ok thanks. yea that's too many tragedies to close together. The fatal illness will wipe out my whole family in a few sim weeks alone.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I never actually encountered the illness one at all (and I played with it in for a few real-life weeks). The ones I encountered most often were the bullying and the getting run over by a car. And I had one kidnapping, which was very well done - complicated gameplay. I enjoyed it but took it out when the modder updated to the version that contains the serial killers - not my thing at all :s
  • Options
    I never actually encountered the illness one at all (and I played with it in for a few real-life weeks). The ones I encountered most often were the bullying and the getting run over by a car. And I had one kidnapping, which was very well done - complicated gameplay. I enjoyed it but took it out when the modder updated to the version that contains the serial killers - not my thing at all :s

Well I didn't mention that I only wanted the mod for fatal illness and robberies. I would disable everything else. I saw the hit by a car and it's just not realistic that the car comes out of nowhere and goes through the middle of the living room. I like to play a bit more realistic. Same with the bullying, I noticed that a random person just walks in your house and starts beating your sim up. not really realistic. I may just risk it and install and just see how often robberies and fatal illnesses truly happen if I just have those two enabled.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Just your household.

ok thanks. yea that's too many tragedies to close together. The fatal illness will wipe out my whole family in a few sim weeks alone.

I had two of my Sims in the household contract the fatal illness. Both times I was able to get them to the hospital. Ultimately, they both survived. But the only two females in the household got taken out by a mad taxi that drove right through the livingroom to get to the side patio. I tried to play after the mom got taken out, but then the only girl also got taken out. I drew the line when my Global Superstar was also run down. :open_mouth:

I started the game save all over again and was able to send the kids to uni. The only girl got kidnapped and that ended up borking my game altogether. There was no way to retrieve her. I watched the Youtube on it, and nothing was playing out in my game the way it indicated it would. My Sim even went to the location of the lost mine and ripped the boards off of the cave mouth. Still he was never transported via the mod to where his sister was being held captive. When I had to resort to using another mod to return her, there was no way to get into the lot. I had to delete that save. I have since removed the mod. I'm really not so into the violence. I've found one that adds that extra 'something' into my game without the fear of losing my family. Slice of Life.

Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hey @GalacticGal , what speed did you have occurrences on?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Slow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Slow.

hmm...i'm gonna try "very slow" and just see what happens.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am on very slow now and testing it out. In one week I only got a serial killer visit and killed another sim that was visiting. The trick I have been using is disabling tragic occurrences from happening to sims I want to stay safe. It helps slow down the tragedies.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am on very slow now and testing it out. In one week I only got a serial killer visit and killed another sim that was visiting. The trick I have been using is disabling tragic occurrences from happening to sims I want to stay safe. It helps slow down the tragedies.

ugh, I know but that just ruins the randomness that I want. I don't want to pick and choose who stays safe. I'm just gonna go for it and see what happens. if a tragedy happens to my household once a week, I think that might even be too much. I think I'll do what you are doing and to a test save with a random household on very slow and see what happens. thanks! Keep me posted as your sim weeks go on and see if the average is one occurrence a sim week on very slow if you are still testing it out.