Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fertilizing plants glitch

I was trying to find where there was a section called known glitches/bugs but can't find it.
I play basegame only, for now, but when fertilizing plants, only the first will get fertilized and any others next in line will not. Each plant has to be done seperately, as in the animation doing so. Wait til the sim is done doing the fertilizing animation before selecting the next plant. For me that's been the only way to get every plant fertilized.
If I say choose 4 plants to fertilize, only the first one will get fertilized, but the next 3 will not. Doesn't matter if it's flowers, fruits or veggies you're fertilizing, same result.
I hope it can be fixed someday. Doing each plant seperately, wastes more time than if I could have 5 plants in a row I wanted to do.

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    This bug won't be present if you rotate between different fertilizers. If you want to fertilize with 8 tomatoes in a row for instance, the game will try to pick the first tomato in the row for every interaction, which will be gone after the your Sim fertilized the first plant.

Another thing you absolutely have to keep in mind is that there is a bug (at least I assume that it's unintentional) that if you fertilize with an fertilizer that is worth less than 5 simoleons (or pet poop), the fertilizer will not be destroyed, the effect will be the bare minimum and you will be able to fertilize the plant again directly afterwards,
    In general, the best fertilizer are plants/fish that are worth 50 Simoleons at least. It doesn't matter at all which type of fertilizer you use.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I was trying to find where there was a section called known glitches/bugs but can't find it.
    I play basegame only, for now, but when fertilizing plants, only the first will get fertilized and any others next in line will not. Each plant has to be done seperately, as in the animation doing so. Wait til the sim is done doing the fertilizing animation before selecting the next plant. For me that's been the only way to get every plant fertilized.
    If I say choose 4 plants to fertilize, only the first one will get fertilized, but the next 3 will not. Doesn't matter if it's flowers, fruits or veggies you're fertilizing, same result.
    I hope it can be fixed someday. Doing each plant seperately, wastes more time than if I could have 5 plants in a row I wanted to do.

If you click on the 'Help Center' section, it takes you directly to the Sims 4 Answers HQ at EA and near the bottom of screen is a section for bug reports.

I've noticed a similar thing, and it's as @83bienchen explains - it assigns the first item each time, and then it's gone when you get to the next plant. However, my experience was that it would choose something else from the inventory to fertilise the other plants in the queue. So, instead of using my high-quality salmon that I'd taken from the aquarium to fertilise four plants, it uses the first salmon and then uses whatever else is available. Like you, I've found the workaround is to fertilise one plant at a time instead of queueing them up.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I've been using super fertilizer, worth 100 simoleons.
    I'm doing a controlled test so to speak. Most of the plants I have are now the quality of Excellent, except for the mushrooms which it seems it makes me wait even longer than the other plants before I can fertilize them again.
    I had also placed 2 cherry trees from the debug items just to see what they'd do. The "Apple Tree (VFX Test)" that I also found in the debug items, evolves sooner and is now the quality of Magnificent.
    I'm growing carrots, mushrooms, basil, parsley, grapes, daisy and chrysanthemum flowers inside the Garden Planter Boxes. I've 4 bluebells, 2 daisies and 1 chrysanthemum planted in the Garden Pots. I've 10 orchids, 4 lilies, 4 dragon fruits and 1 death flower plant, all growing in a long row behind the house, all of those are in Excellent quality. 2 bonsai shrubs and 1 Intergalactic growth pod too, and those in excellent quality too.

The 2 debug cherry trees don't change in quality. Just wanted to see for myself what they'd do.
    I've only been using the Super Fertilizer on the plants. And my results are the same. If I select say all 4 of the carrots to be fertilized, if I click on each one to be fertilized, only the first one will get fertilized, and while the sim is doing the animation of fertilizing the other 3, the game is not actually fertilizing those other 3. When sim is done, I hover over plants and can tell only the first one fertilized. I further confirm that after I click on them and the first one shows fertilized faded, the other 3 are not, giving me the option to fertilize them.

I've tried this with the flowers that are planted in a row on the ground as well. Only the first flower plant will get fertilized. I've done the same with the flowers in the garden pots and same result, only the first gets fertilized. Since it gives option asking what to fertilize with for each plant, only the super fertilizer is what I've been using.
    So yes, there is a glitch.
    Not my first time finding a glitch and being so detailed it helped fix a glitch that wasn't even known last year, literally no one had any complaints or anything on the forums about it either. And I was able to repeat the glitch and find a work around it too. They were very thankful I found out that glitch and such. It helped get it fixed faster than if I were to just complain about it.