The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

Comments

• RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    This is the best idea I have seen yet. I would hope it included ladders for my hayloft and such things. HOMESCHOOLING!!! YES!!!! Also Unschooling would be cool but most people don't understand the concept so they won't add that. It feels so dumb to live off grid in my little natural home and then send the kids off to their rabbithole school every day.

I would also hope they add woodstoves that require you to go get firewood from the woodshed, but you can actually cook lots of dishes with them off grid. There are lots of things you could cook on a woodstove.

I also REALLY WANT SOLAR PANELS!!!!

I hope they add an off grid way to adopt animals and write things as well.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    This is the best idea I have seen yet. I would hope it included ladders for my hayloft and such things. HOMESCHOOLING!!! YES!!!! Also Unschooling would be cool but most people don't understand the concept so they won't add that. It feels so dumb to live off grid in my little natural home and then send the kids off to their rabbithole school every day.

I would also hope they add woodstoves that require you to go get firewood from the woodshed, but you can actually cook lots of dishes with them off grid. There are lots of things you could cook on a woodstove.

I also REALLY WANT SOLAR PANELS!!!!

I hope they add an off grid way to adopt animals and write things as well.

Ladders would be awesome in a Farming expansion in order to build barns! Along with barn sliding doors!

old-red-barn-on-farm-stock-picture-2182922.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Double sliding barn doors would be awesome for a workshop too. Funny thing: My barn has (had) gates but my workshop has the giant double sliding doors.

There were no ladders to get to the loft, but there were horizontal wooden boards with gaps that we used to climb up them. Wish I had pics. Sadly, a tree fell on my barn and destroyed it. :(

The center part is still barely standing & I need to get the brooder box out of there eventually, but it's huge. A brooder box would be nice for chickens. I was thinking that some critters, like chickens, could be kept in greenhouses to eat bugs on a farm in game. We can just pretend that chickens won't peck at tomatoes. :lol:

Btw, is there already an in-game juicemaker or smoothie maker? Or is that a recipe? Would be nice to make vegetable and/or fruit drinks for healthy-minded sims. Has a butter churn been mentioned yet?
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Here are my thoughts. Hope you enjoy!!!

1. I think there should be the neighborhood with the grocery store/farmer's market. Perhaps, one of the lots could a pet store/livestock carrier? This could be where sims could purchase anything from a hamster to a cat to a sheep. I think it would also be fun for children to come with the parents and they could have the ability to "pick their pet" to adopt, depending on how well they get along.

2. There should be at least two lots, (40x50 maybe) so we have the option of developing our own farms without destroying the base game creations.

3. As for the farm like, I think a lot of people have mentioned all this, but I'm gonna repeat it! We can grow veggies or herbs in a large operation, maybe there could be rows of veggies like an actual farm, instead of a square box for gardening.
    -livestock: start with chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, and horses (with or without the riding option). Many people have mentioned goats...
    -fruits/veggies: corn, carrots, beets, potatoes, peaches, plums, green beans, pickles, ect...
    -All produce and products can either be used or sold via the farmer's market or traded with neighbors. The quality of product would increase, as the farmer's skill increased. (reputation points instead of fame)
    -New interactions/abilities/skills: chase the chickens around, milk the cow, collect eggs, ride the horse, shave the sheep for wool, feed the animals. With the new kitting/sewing pack in development, sims could use the wool for knitting and such. We could name the animals. There could be a dairy option to purify milk or churn butter, making cheese. Canning fruits and veggies. utilization of poop for fertilizer and insect repellent.
    -New jobs: farm hand (hired via cell like a maid or butler, can have room above the barn or come and go from their own home), construction worker/skill (to build new barn, housing for hires, or tools to use around the farm, such as a plow or canning station or storage racks or the plants), butcher, agricultural engineer (develop better crops, new breeds, fertilizers, or insect repellent), horse trainer
    -More outside the box ideas: hatch chicks, ability to cross-breed plants, build new tools for the farm, nectar production; children could watch caterpillars turn into butterflies and then release them for logic points.
    -I saw someone mentioned worry about killing the animals. Unfortunately, this is a harsher side of farming life but without it, could we consider it a farm? I'd like to keep it PG as much as possible. As a solution, when the animal becomes to old or at a prime age to butcher, there could be an option "sell to butcher", where you make money, or "send to retirement", where the cow/horse can go to a grassy land and die of old age but this option would cost some money. The butcher doesn't have to be a real operation though.

4. I was thinking that as the farmer gained skill, they could gain reputation points around the town (instead of fame). The more interaction or product sold to the market or neighbors, the more it will be sought after. Thus, making a higher quality of said produce/product and an increased price.
  • Nene344Nene344 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have always wanted a farming expansion pack and really hope one day that EA will do it and not fail at it either, I hope they put so much effort into making it. It could easily be the best expansion pack if they deffo try to make it that.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I would love to see a farming expansion pack. I believe that we could even get a whole world from this and possibly new careers. If we got an expansion pack it would have to be massive! In the pack, we could have horses, pigs, cows and maybe even sheep. We could have aspects in the pack where you could train the horses and maybe shear the sheep and sell the wool!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2020
    I am not quite interested by a such ep except if I can play with a sims version of Shaun the Sheep (Aardman) and the flock I am for ^^. :D
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    ooh ooh! A Get-to-Work styled farm job would be cool. There could be a farm job location & sims could go there to work. They could stack hay, feed livestock, collect milk, shear sheep, give animals worming medicine, collect "barnyard fertilizer", drive a tractor to plow/till the soil, drive a tractor with a seeder, water the crops, etc. Like gardening but on larger scale. You could study the animals to learn what is good for them and what is not-- like you learn that corn is bad for cows. You can combine it with some off-the-grid stuff as well, solar powered things, methane powered stuff.

There is a real farm where the owner has dairy cattle. Their waste is all pushed in to an area where the solids, liquids, and gases are separated. Solids are composted, liquids are filtered, gases are used to power generators. Liquid goes into an effluent system. Composted solids are made in to eco friendly pots for planting. The waste from the cows powers the whole farm.
  • TennedraTennedra Posts: 25 Member
    I love this concept! I would like to see new animals and critters added to the game, especially ones Sims can actually interact with. I like the idea of homeschooling. I feel it can contribute to the parenting skill if the parents are teaching the kids or a completely new skill.
  • Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    See> @LazerSimmer said:
    > It would nice to manage a farm maybe live off the grid.
    > 1. growing crops
    > 2. Herding cattle
    > 3. Designing a scarecrow to protect your crops
    > 4. Upgrading your farm to make it bigger and better.
    > 5. Farm clothing
    > 6. Farm accents
    > 7. Buying tractors or using more oldschool equipment
    >

What about a meat market, slaughter house, doesn't have to be presented in a gore way and sims should be able to protest about it, just as a way to balance the option. This meat should also be able to be sold in personal supermarkets which I have suggested.

Seesin8 (CC)
  • Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > (Quote)
    > they produce poop, which is fantastic for growing roses.
    >
    > (Quote)
    > Who uses a butter churn to make cheese?
    > Cheese making is more about stirring, straining and moulding
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > (Quote)
    > You'd have to card, spin and weave the wool before you could sew it.
    > Perhaps spinning and knitting would be a better option for wool.
    > But sewing can be done with feed-bags and flour bags.
    >
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > In the 1930's they made pretty flourbags.
    >
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    > (Quote)
    > That's a terribly wasteful idea. Why not have solar panels and wind turbines instead?
    >
    > (Quote)
    > Parents aren't quilified to teach, so why not send your sprogs to school of the air?
    >
    > (Image)

What about " Enroll in the local school house" OR " Boarding School" .... OPTIONS !

Seesin8 (CC)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Chickens (Produce eggs)
    Cows (milk)
    Sheep (wool)

Yes, would rather focus on farm animals that produce.

Goats
    Pigs

Fences- electric, barbwire, rickety fences, board fences.

Tractors, farm equipment, and farm crops that we don't have like squash, corn, green beans, zucchini, peas ECT. Oranges are tropical and should come with a world like that. Sprinkler system. Farmer career- not only plants, but animals product sells.

Save horses for an equestrian pack with easy to acquire unicorns and Pegasus, because it will take away from the farming theme and neither theme will be fleshed out.
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Chickens (Produce eggs)
    Cows (milk)
    Sheep (wool)

Yes, would rather focus on farm animals that produce.

Goats
    Pigs

Fences- electric, barbwire, rickety fences, board fences.

Tractors, farm equipment, and farm crops that we don't have like squash, corn, green beans, zucchini, peas ECT. Oranges are tropical and should come with a world like that. Sprinkler system. Farmer career- not only plants, but animals product sells.

Save horses for an equestrian pack with easy to acquire unicorns and Pegasus, because it will take away from the farming theme and neither theme will be fleshed out.

There is a sprinkler for playing in & I think it does water plants, but it can only be placed outdoors. It would be nice to have a ceiling or wall-mount sprinkler system- sun lamps to give the plants as much light as they need (for greenhouses or secret gardens in a basement or something), would be nice to have some sort of thing that keeps weeds from growing. A compost bin where we could turn trash in to fertilizer would be cool.

I like the idea of having a pegasus. Wings might be a bit tricky to mesh out & animate though.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    So many cool ideas. I hope they see that before releasing a Farming pack.
    edited April 2020
    I hope that the Farming EP world will be Cats & Dogs-inclusive, meaning that there are bushes for pets to hunt in/ humans to WooHoo in around the world and things like those fish piles for cats. Since you will most likely have pets on your farm as well.
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope that the Farming EP world will be Cats & Dogs-inclusive, meaning that there are bushes for pets to hunt in/ humans to WooHoo in around the world and things like those fish piles for cats. Since you will most likely have pets on your farm as well.

I like those ideas. Cats should be able to catch fish. LOL. That would be funny.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    Not digging the name "Off The Land" but I'm glad someone made a thread about Farming.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2020
    I really hope a farming EP is coming in 2020. It could change the gameplay, which is desperately needed!

I hope for chicken coop, cows, sheep, pigs, horses, different corps like wheat, spelt, barley, new sorts of grapes etc. and different products our Sims can make (new bread, pies, nectar making, preserves --> jams our Sims can put on toast or also use as an ingredient for the new pies) and of course they can sell their goods at the farmer's market.

Looking at the Sims 3 store it was possible to intergrate faming into a Sims game before, so why shouldn't it be now?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I am hoping that this farming pack will be released as this year's Expansion
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    This would be great! However, it should have room for at least 4-5 BIG lots, so one could have a solid farm, a winery, etc. Then the rest could me medium-sized, so those who want to do more targeted organics or special crops could do them. Maybe also an area for ranching, so there could be those cows, sheep, etc. Grain towers, water mills, and so on.
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    ljbnomad wrote: »
    This would be great! However, it should have room for at least 4-5 BIG lots, so one could have a solid farm, a winery, etc. Then the rest could me medium-sized, so those who want to do more targeted organics or special crops could do them. Maybe also an area for ranching, so there could be those cows, sheep, etc. Grain towers, water mills, and so on.

Depending on how many more features to farming and animals they add I wonder if it’s 64 x 64 lot is going to be enough for everything. I hope you don’t have to stick to one trade or have a very small farm. I feel like I could survive with five big lots that are residential, but I would want more public lots on top of that. I just don’t know how or if it’ll all fit and I’m a little anxious it’ll be too small.
  • RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    I would add goats that you can milk, and that also eat down your lawn, so you have to section off and land and plant more grass and move animals around. Like we do in real farming so you don't tire the land out. I want ducks just walking around or maybe as a guard from predators for the chickens. And I want sheep, I want dogs that can sheep heard,and then you can sheer the sheep and use the wool in knifty knitting. two types of chickens meat and egg chickens, two types of cows meat and milk. I would add llamas because its always been a sims theme. I would also add a canning for produce. And Id add a farmers market where you can buy and sell goods, fruits, and animals. For areas to place animals, I would actually like to makethe area, and basedon how big the area is it would determine how many of a certain animal you can have, as well as possibly placing animals in the same stalls, like cows, goats, horses can go together, and chickens and ducks can go together, and then sheep and llamas can go together. Another farm animal that i really want to see is rabbits in hutches. I want to be able to take rabbits out and pet them, and maybe have best in show. I want to be able to click on the chicken coop or barn area and see all the animals with different names sort of like in inventory, but I dont want them stacked, like if you have 3 chickens I want to see different looking chickens all with different names.
  • sendatsusendatsu Posts: 3 New Member
    I like the idea of the farm and maybe they could even come up with a migrant farmworker career to where you don't own property but live on a migrant farm until you can save enough to buy your own land.
    Sheep and llamas/alpacas for wool as well as cotton plants, jute, etc would work nicely with the upcoming knitting stuff pack thing the devs mention on social media.

@sendatsu the migrant farm thing could work for a medieval or past setting where the poor farmers start out working the land & then earn enough to buy it. That would be cool.
    I would really like a butter churn in a farming pack!
    a256aFi.gif