Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shell Challenge CEGsc05

This is actually one of my older homes that I turned into a shell, CEG10 was posted on 10/25/17 it wasn't furnished except for a few items to show what each room was suppose to be based on the floor plan I used. There was also landscaping, path to the home, and a fence around the property. You can see the original here: https://tinyurl.com/4BdNurseryDeckCEG10

I removed everything to make the shell, pictures below and you can find the shell here: https://tinyurl.com/ShellChallengeCEGsc05

AVpxQS4.png

lEbwhfj.png

5fVz1xm.png

W0NXbZn.png

Comments

• Options
    Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
  • Options
    TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    You did a lovely job! I like the minimal landscaping. It's just enough to give it color but not overwhelming. Well done on the accents and great use of space inside. All around I'd say a success.
  • Options
    Takissis wrote: »
    You did a lovely job! I like the minimal landscaping. It's just enough to give it color but not overwhelming. Well done on the accents and great use of space inside. All around I'd say a success.

Thanks, I just wish more people would try.
  • Options
    @Christabelle73 I'm in the process of taking screenshot of all of my uploads to start a thread to showcase them. I do agree though. I hope more people share their creations. I love all the inspiration!
  • Options
    @Christabelle73 I'm in the process of taking screenshot of all of my uploads to start a thread to showcase them. I do agree though. I hope more people share their creations. I love all the inspiration!

I just showcased a bunch of makeovers, please take a peek and let me know what you think.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten very far in. I'm kind of doing 3 things at once. I do love the Feb Challenge one, specifically the landscaping. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that with the terrain. Right now, it's all a foreign language when I try to play with it. I'll keep looking and post more tomorrow when I'm not trying to do so much at once and can actually look at everything.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten very far in. I'm kind of doing 3 things at once. I do love the Feb Challenge one, specifically the landscaping. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that with the terrain. Right now, it's all a foreign language when I try to play with it. I'll keep looking and post more tomorrow when I'm not trying to do so much at once and can actually look at everything.

First tip...watch tutorial videos on youtube. I recommend the following:

Lilsimsie
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_TYFButglZuuDbD-0Q_IzQ/videos

Kate Emerald
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfSA8fw-AoVckUmrkBKR4dw/videos

James Turner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply/videos

You can also search for anything else you want to learn. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me, or any of the 3 above.
  • Options
    Thank you @Christabelle73, I will be sure to check those out. I've been playing around in a new house today. I actually learned a few things about roofing! It is not near as elaborate or advanced as I know others can do, but it was an ordeal for me. Still a beginner really here. It's been fun though.

I've had more time to take a look at your builds. I think your favorite color is pink. :tongue: As I've mentioned before, I love your landscaping. You also have a great eye for clutter. That is something that I'm still working on. I think my mind is too organized. I keep wanting to create patterns where there aren't supposed to be any. I'm not a big fan of some of the roofing. You square off or shorten up the eves giving it a cut off look. It doesn't look bad, just isn't a style I like. I also can't stand modern roofing. It just doesn't made sense to me, but to each their own.

I really like what you did in the 3bedeuropean build. The outside greenery is beautiful, and it has an open feel to it in the interior. You left space where needed without it looking empty. That's hard to do.

Overall, they are beautiful builds.

I hope you are having a good day. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I think your favorite color is pink. :

Actually my fave color is purple, but there just isn't enough of it in game, so I do alot of pink lol...and truth be told I HATE pink :D

I refuse to build a modern home, they just look so alien to me.

Another tip, I use real life floor plans. Two of my fave websites is www.familyfloorplans.com and www.coolhouseplans.com I love making them and trying to get the home to look just like the pic on the outside too. To get an approx. number of squares to use in game take the real life size divided by 3. However when it comes to inches you need to use this chart (I created this by the way back in Sims2):

Inch* * *Decimal
    1.00* * *0.08
    2.00* * *0.17
    3.00* * *0.25
    4.00* * *0.33
    5.00* * *0.42
    6.00* * *0.50
    7.00* * *0.58
    8.00* * *0.67
    9.00* * *0.75
    10.00* * *0.83
    11.00* * *0.92

Basically something 16 feet 4 inches would be 16.33 divided by 3 = 5.44 sim squares (you can round up or down as needed). I also don't usually build closets.

Not a bad day, watched a few more videos.

Good luck
  • Options
  • Options
    I think your favorite color is pink. :

Actually my fave color is purple, but there just isn't enough of it in game, so I do alot of pink lol...and truth be told I HATE pink :D

I refuse to build a modern home, they just look so alien to me.

Another tip, I use real life floor plans. Two of my fave websites is www.familyfloorplans.com and www.coolhouseplans.com

My favorite is purple as well, and I agree. There just isn't enough of it, and what there is doesn't really match between items well. There are a few items that do, but then you end up using the same ones over and over. Half of what is there looks more magenta or hot pink to me.

Ditto on the alien look for modern homes. Some people can do awesome builds with them. I just can't. It doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's just a cultural thing. There aren't any here (that I have seen), so it foreign. I'm sure if I lived in a place where it was the norm, it would make more sense for me.

I never know where to start if I don't have a floorplan to go by. I think that's also why I like doing challenges so much. It's a starting point. I'll check out those two sites. Normally, I just google floorplans until I find one that pops out at me.
    @Takissis Talk about horrible roofs...this was my worst I believe.
    ]

Wow. um...*tries to think of something positive* That's a lot of roofing and it covers everything!
  • Options
    I'll check out those two sites. Normally, I just google floorplans until I find one that pops out at me.
    Floorplans are awesome, but I also like seeing the actual house, so I know I got it right.

Wow. um...*tries to think of something positive* That's a lot of roofing and it covers everything!
    lolololololololololololol