Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding Debug items

TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
I did a search, but couldn't find an answer. I put a few debug items in my kitchen such as bowls and pans. After I finished the house, I hired a maid. First thing she did was go in and clean up all my debug items? Is there a way to prevent this?

Comments

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Interesting problem. Those food and drink debug items are a tough one, the only way I can think of for those to not get picked up is to put them out of reach of the maid, but then there would be lots of stamping feet and annoyance at not being able to reach the item.
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    Interesting problem. Those food and drink debug items are a tough one, the only way I can think of for those to not get picked up is to put them out of reach of the maid, but then there would be lots of stamping feet and annoyance at not being able to reach the item.

Thank you for responding. Yeah, I'm just not going to use any for a while until I figure something out.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sorry for asking this but ... what is a debug item?
    Debug items are items that don't show up in regular build mode, but they exist in the game. There are literally 1000+ of them. To access them, open the cheat console on your game (if you play on a PC, it's Control + Shift +C. Type in "testingcheats true", then "bb.showhiddenobjects", then "bb.showliveeditobjects" And voila! A plethora of items to decorate with. Unfortunately they aren't organized, so you have to hunt a lot for what you are looking for.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The debug items aren’t necessarily items “to decorate” with, its mostly just a menu of all the ingame collectibles, craftables, and random gameplay objects. The glasses and bowls, are the empty ones when sims have finished eating from them, they will go mouldy if not cleaned up by the maid first lol

You’re better off using the environment objects to decorate with, though they have mostly no collision ;)
    ddd994 wrote: »
    The debug items aren’t necessarily items “to decorate” with, its mostly just a menu of all the ingame collectibles, craftables, and random gameplay objects. The glasses and bowls, are the empty ones when sims have finished eating from them, they will go mouldy if not cleaned up by the maid first lol

You’re better off using the environment objects to decorate with, though they have mostly no collision ;)

Yes, that is very true. I've found that anything to do with food can't be used. It just gets cleaned up or goes bad. The environment objects are the best to use. There are lots of little gems to find.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thanks. :)