Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone ever had sims they didn't purposely kill in the Sims 4 die?

Comments

• gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I started a challenge called the Decades Challenge. To start, you need old appliances so I bought the cheapest stove and fridge. Unfortunately, the stove caught on fire when my Sim was cooking. She caught on fire and attempted to extinguish herself. She died but I loved her so much so I had to quit my game without saving so I could get her back!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've seen vampires go up in flames because they didn't have the brains to get indoors or skedaddle.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2020
    Stutum wrote: »
    I've seen vampires go up in flames because they didn't have the brains to get indoors or skedaddle.

Mhm, yes this. I also had a case of death of embarassement in the gym, and multiple deaths by hysteria at the restaurants, because, ironically, sims were TOO well taken care of. Oh and a death or two due to 'enraged' reasons.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I've had several townie sims die of cold. Not sure why, but if I play for too long on a community lot during winter time, townies start dyeing left and right. Some either don't change into winter attire and some wear winter looking clothes but they still shiver and blow air to warm their hands. Also I had a sim die due to accident with the Murphy bed. The contraption broke down every night, so my sim had to repair it every morning and, maybe on 4th or 5th day they tried to lower to bed to go to sleep and the accident happened. Never bought a Murphy bed again for my sims.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Recently I had a Sim die unexpectedly from hysteria! He had twin toddlers talking to him and they made him playful a little tooooo much from making faces or whatever they did that was funny.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    a few time one was from enabasisment one was from stress I assume his Mum and dad died of old age and he as a teen had to support himself aged up to young adult and died.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I mean other than old age if you play with aging on.

I was looking through screen shots on this forum and noticed a few death scenes, and it seems like on youtube I see quite a few sims die (granted 99% of those are staged and the youtuber tries to play it off as a random occurrence). But I honestly dont think I've ever seen a single solitary sim die in the Sims 4 that I wasn't directly responsible for. I play with aging off because I'm a wimp :D

Now I'm not looking for the massive death waves I used to get in the Sims 3 were two or three weeks into a new playthrough half the town would suddenly die from drowning or catching fire and the death notifications would just start rolling in. But it would be nice if something happened somewhere in the Sims 4 world when I wasn't around. And yeah I know that's a common complaint, not trying to beat a dead horse here.

But I am curious, has anyone ever had another sim die (except from old age), and it wasn't on purpose? If so, does it happen a lot?

Thanks,

I have bad luck with children and toddler sims in my games. Their caregiver usually dies on me before they become aged up as teens because of emotional deaths and I have to find the household, they end up in and play that household. I had my twins Elliot and his twin Serena recently had their mom die one day before they were going to age up. Their mom died of anger from having to deal with Julian who is a special kind of evil.

Also, I should learn whenever I use Jullian in a game he is going to be a real plum.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    a few time one was from enabasisment one was from stress I assume his Mum and dad died of old age and he as a teen had to support himself aged up to young adult and died.

Was the latter having a mood swing when he aged up? Mood swings won’t kill teens, but are very dangerous if they remain right after the sim’s birthday.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2020
    Yes in scenarios. I made 8 sims and put them in a basement and one died from a fire from cooking. I did a Robinson Crusoe type scenario and I came back and there was an urn floating next to a buoy. Starvation?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I had the most bizarre NPC death last night. My current Drifter was invited to his Mom's elder birthday party. While catching up with her on the sidewalk, the other guests began to arrive. One Sim was the Hermit carrying a pot of an herbal brew. She put it on the stove, started mixing it and a fire broke out.

The caterer, my Drifter and another guest whipped out fire extinguishers and quickly put it out. The stove survived, but the hood above and a counter were destroyed. The Hermit calmly walked away untouched.
    hB54wDj.png

Or so I thought...

She keeled over and died. For seemingly no reason! She wasn't burnt or an elder either (my first thought), just dropped dead. o.O I'm assuming it was a glitch and she was actually supposed to die in the fire. Hmm, or maybe she had the hot-headed trait and was angry her mixture was ruined? Nah, not very likely. :p
    V9ZRfY2.png

Adam put the urn in his inventory. He'll take it to the Hermit's house in the deep woods at some point to leave it there. I canceled the party so the guests would stop crying and leave. Grim stuck around to watch a little TV. Adam has the Always Welcome reward, so he baked his Mom a cake. I didn't want Della doubly sad from the death and aging up without a cake. Grim floated over to watch her blow out the candles, but poofed out in the middle of it.
    xM3d1oK.png

Worst.Birthday.Party.Ever (at least in my game) This was the first time any of my Sims accepted a birthday party invitation. Not a very good first impression eh? :D
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    When I left my game unpaused as I went to get food. My sim burned to death, so it totally can happen.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Yes actually. Somehow, she died of laughter from literally nothing, and another teen sim had a mood swing, became enraged, and died. Oof
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    edited May 2020
    My Simself laughed himself to death after Woohooing with Penny Pizzazz in a tent. I still don't know what he found funny about that, but apparently it became too much.
    Post edited by Butterfreeguy on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yesterday. I have the UI cheats mod installed and when I went to click to autofill my teen's hunger need, I accidentally dragged the hunger bar to zero

Thankfully, I also have MCCC so I resurrected her, but now I have a worthless tombstone in my family inventory.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    In my first winter after installing Seasons, I loaded up the Goths' lot, it was snowing and very cold outside, and Mortimer wasn't home. After an in-game hour or so, he spawned by the entrance door and immediately froze to death. This was the first and only time one of my played sims acidentally died from something other than old age, and it was probably a bug.

On my first day of university, while visiting the Foxbury community lot, an NPC student died from electrocution by continuously using the robotics workstation in a dizzy state. It was a rather uninteresting background event, though, and my sim kept doing her homework like nothing happened.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited May 2020
    I replied earlier "no" but things have changed. My played sim decided to use the dryer on her own and was caught on fire. For some reason she died straight away, no time to react and put out the fire. Pleading to the grim didn't help either. She was a cute townie that Urpo was about to start a family with. I have always said that if my sim died I wouldn't exit without saving, so I just rolled with it though it seemed like a bug... good bye Maki Yamaguchi.

This was my favourite picture of them together
    3twXEPN.png
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Also, I recall one of my alien Sims dying at his first day of work at the science lab. He barely touched the invention machine, it caught on fire and he was dead before I knew it.

Well, RIP Socrates. 😢
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think my sims are invincible.

The non played sims do always die of old age, but even then they survive for SOOO long.
    My settings are on a long life cycle, but considering I'm 7 generations deep in the family (checked it recently) and the daughter of the sims that started the family tree is still alive, that's insane.

I had a random townie (a family member of my sim) die of old age in the club, but my sim had a bunch of Death flowers so I had her rescue the sim.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Emotional deaths are very common, with how many buffs there are. Vampires accidentally die all the time too, electrocutions, and pufferfish deaths when visiting San Myshuno. There are also surprisingly high death rates in restaurants that are unexplained, no reason, just falls over.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    Emotional deaths are very common, with how many buffs there are. Vampires accidentally die all the time too, electrocutions, and pufferfish deaths when visiting San Myshuno. There are also surprisingly high death rates in restaurants that are unexplained, no reason, just falls over.

I have not had a single emotional death in the 5-6 years I've played this game.

There was 1, but it wasn't accidental: death by embarrassment.

I've tried to get a hotheaded sim to die of anger, but was unsuccessful. So I drowned him in a freezing pool.
    Used a voodoo doll on him, had him fight his daughter in turn making her his enemy and then have his wife divorce him, all ontop of him being hotheaded. He just wouldn't die ...

Heck, my youngest sim got hit by poison darts on 2 occasions in Selvadorada and walked it off. Probably by paying respects to the statue, idk.

The game nearly always tells you when your sim is in a state they could die if they continue certain things. If you're dazed and still repairing something, you'll get electrocuted. If you're hysterical, just calm yourself down in a mirror etc.

Random servo's however get electrocuted all the time (mostly thanks to the rain), but my handy sim always repairs them up. Vampires aren't always smart either so sometimes they die too, but I've only seen it once or twice so far.

I wish there was more risk and danger, lol.

Honestly, I want to know how people get their sims to die so often. Could spice up my gameplay!
    Also I've got about a million death flowers ready and 2 of my sims can write a book of life.

Sadly the angelfish is impossible for me to catch, so no ambrosia *shrug*
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    That exact thing happened to my sim to.
    Had my first one ever in TS4 just an hour or so after reading this thread. 😂 I've just started the 100 baby challenge and my first Sim to grow up to a young adult immediately dropped dead after blowing out the candles on her cake. She had the 'mortified' moodlet due a mood swing and aging up with it still there caused her to die from humiliation. 😂😭

I've also had, on more than 5 occurences, random townies die on a public lot my sim was at. 3 times at restaurants, once at my house for some reason, and a few at Studio PBP in Del Sol Valley
    They also all died of old age.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, many times.

Mostly burnt to death by fire or sun (vampires), also freezing to death has happened quite a lot. Some deaths by too intense emotions.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2020
    In my gameplay there’s rarely accidental deaths... which is lame as far as how toned down it is compared to the other Sims. I had maybe three or four deaths I can remember after playing the game since it’s release soooo 😬 lightning struck while jogging (I mean it’s the best time to take a jog), an overcharge, fire trap in jungle adventure and my butler (of course) dying because they suck at taking care of themselves let alone the house. They REALLY NEED to fix that.