Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really Pixelade???

124...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    NoTalent wrote: »

“ Oh, a SimGuru made a joke on Twitter? Time to take this as fact and make three videos on it with clickbait titles… also, buy my merch... also, Sims 4 plum and Paralives is better yet I will still keep making content for Sims 4, even though I clearly hate the game.”

this so much! Or any tweet, really is considered newsworthy

Exactly. That is what annoys me about his channel and others like Mike Zeroh about Star Wars.
    Take a topic about anything that you know people are dying to know more information about, when there is little to be had, and post any tiny tibit you can find, even if they are just rumors, and try to make it into a big thing. Make lots of little videos to keep that ad revenue going.

I'm quite happy with re-tweets on Twitter pro or anti, as I am in a different time-zone from EA/Maxis and Guru's Tweets are way back in my Feed and I cannot be bothered looking for the originals. We get news very late on this forum.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited November 2019
    Do you guys think he’ll be dumped from the game changer programme due to his promotion of paralives and now this? I was surprised he wasn’t invited last week when I was looking at who went.
    Or do you think they’ll ignore it
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I unsubscribed & unfollowed because I disagree with his "business model" & I no longer enjoy his videos because it's getting shorter every time. Plus, on a personal level, I'm very disappointed when he posted the Discovery University leak video. For now, although I never used any Mod or CC, I feel obliged to RT the creators' works whenever they tweeted it because they deserved it. I reckon that, the only way we could "stop" this in the future, is to work as a community by sharing the creators' works.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2019
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think he’ll be dumped from the game changer programme due to his promotion of paralives and now this? I was surprised he wasn’t invited last week when I was looking at who went.

Doubt he’ll get dropped because of this. But I’m glad he didn’t go. Don’t need clickbait videos for every single detail he would’ve learned. He said he’s taking a leave from twitter too because of hate messages he received, yet still liked and retweeted tweets hours after he wrote that
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Over Paralives no. I don't think we have the control or right to choose who should be in the program or not unless they do something illegal like promoting pirating or other illegal things which we can report to the police.

Over discussing Discover University however early they did break NDAs with all the leaks. I wasn't aware they were a Game Changer honestly and didn't even know that their site existed prior to this year and even then they really aren't that big like LGR is.

Also some information on the game changer program, they are allowed to play other games.
    "ARE GAME CHANGERS EXCLUSIVE TO EA GAMES ONLY?
    Not at all. Game Changers can partner with any Game Publisher or Studio outside of the EA that they wish. We actively encourage our creators to diversify their content and channels throughout the Games Industry. We want to be great partners for our creators.

However, our Game Changers do sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and are generally not allowed to discuss unreleased or embargoed information with other game companies or the public. Likewise, we expect our Game Changers to maintain the confidentiality of their other relationships as well. Acting with integrity and honesty is important to us."

"AS A GAME CHANGER, CAN I PARTICIPATE ON MULTIPLE GAMES?
    Absolutely! We have amazing franchises with many opportunities for creative storytelling. Our Game Changers are welcome to participate in as many franchises or games that interest them."

Source: https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq#q8

They are allowed to post negative feedback too:
    "WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?
    If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited November 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Over Paralives no. I don't think we have the control or right to choose who should be in the program or not unless they do something illegal like promoting pirating or other illegal things which we can report to the police.

Over discussing Discover University however early they did break NDAs with all the leaks. I wasn't aware they were a Game Changer honestly and didn't even know that their site existed prior to this year and even then they really aren't that big like LGR is.

Also some information on the game changer program, they are allowed to play other games.
    "ARE GAME CHANGERS EXCLUSIVE TO EA GAMES ONLY?
    Not at all. Game Changers can partner with any Game Publisher or Studio outside of the EA that they wish. We actively encourage our creators to diversify their content and channels throughout the Games Industry. We want to be great partners for our creators.

However, our Game Changers do sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and are generally not allowed to discuss unreleased or embargoed information with other game companies or the public. Likewise, we expect our Game Changers to maintain the confidentiality of their other relationships as well. Acting with integrity and honesty is important to us."

"AS A GAME CHANGER, CAN I PARTICIPATE ON MULTIPLE GAMES?
    Absolutely! We have amazing franchises with many opportunities for creative storytelling. Our Game Changers are welcome to participate in as many franchises or games that interest them."

Source: https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq#q8

They are allowed to post negative feedback too:
    "WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?
    If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real."

Someone forget this with LGR, he wasn't hateful or rude and his negative feedback caused them to stop supporting and sending him their games to review

EDIT : He wasn't a game changer...my bad...but still they stopped sending him free copies once he started talking negative about it.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    EDIT : He wasn't a game changer...my bad...but still they stopped sending him free copies once he started talking negative about it.

No. They stopped sending him review copies once they started the Game Changer program, because he didn’t want to be a Game Changer. Before the Game Changer program you obviously didn’t need to be a Game Changer to receive free copes. Now you have to.

The first time they sent him a review copy was Dine Out. He was already negative in a lot of his reviews before that.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Someone forget this with LGR, he wasn't hateful or rude and his negative feedback caused them to stop supporting and sending him their games to review

Yeah I didn't understand that. I respect his reviews a lot. He did reject being in the program which is understandable because he goes over a lot of older tech products too. I don't understand why negative feedback isn't accepted. It is just as important as positive feedback. I think people could take a valuable lesson from LGR on how to treat other people. I wish this was practiced more within the Sims community, "EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I stopped watching him when he celebrated a milestone on YouTube with a live stream on twitch. I don't like twitch. I thought he should have done something on YouTube because that is where he reached the milestone. I just recently unsubscribed and stopped following him because IMO he speculates to much and had click bait titles. If creators want to pay him for a shout out it's none of my business. There are lots of you tubers that do give them free. The smaller creators don't ask for it. They just shout out because they enjoyed what they saw on their channel.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member

Given all of the trouble he has caused for others and all of the drama he is constantly involved in I'm actually quiet suprised he hadn't been removed already prior to this happening.
  • TennedraTennedra Posts: 25 Member
    I didn't know about some of the things he did until now. I only watched a few of his videos. After reading all this I went back to see what people meant and oh, dear. I'm disappointed because I was considering subscribing to him. I don't see other Sims Youtubers attempting to make money on the side in this way. Many of them support CC creators and modders without the use of money. I want to make CC of my own some day, but I don't want to be involved with this.