The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight March 27th - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

l5h1vorpcl4u.png
A paradise <3, screenshot by @loubyloulou, found here

I'm here, one more week ready to share with you a list of some of the awesim discussions waiting for your comments!:
  • Let's get started with a question by @starrling33 that has as many answers as Simmers are in the world: 'How do you play The Sims?' Play as you want, share your way with us!
  • A more specific question this week comes from @TeoDoesSims: 'When do your Sims have babies?' Interesting answers here as well. Can you believe I had almost forgotten potions of youth are an option?
  • Soon after deciding it's time for your Sims to become parents, you will find yourself with a toddler in the household (or 2, or 3 - good luck). No, I'm not going to say 'they grow so fast...'. (<< That didn't count!) But this brings us to the next topic, by @purplexbutterfly: 'Toddlers: Do you max all their skills?'
  • If you decided parenthood is not for you (did I scare you with the idea of having to take care of 3 toddlers? :mrgreen:), you might be looking into other activities to entertain your Sims with. Let me invite you to this (short for now but with huge potential) thread: 'What are some "secret" unlockables no one talks about?', by @beadierturtle. Share your secrets!
  • Exploring a different section of the forums, let me invite you to visit a new topic started by @Talonflare this week: 'Sims 3 goals'. Anything you are trying to achieve in The Sims 3? Click that link and tell us about it!

This is it from me this week! Did I choose well? Hope you enjoyed the read :smiley: Be ready for more next Friday!

Stay safe everyone <3 and happy Simming,
-Mai

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Congrats to everyone mentioned today!
  • robloxboss12robloxboss12 Posts: 2 New Member
    :/ yay i got the sims 4 1111
  • robloxboss12robloxboss12 Posts: 2 New Member
    poke join this game
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would give anything to be in paradise right now... I'd be leaving in a week for it if it weren't for recent events... :(
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @robloxboss12 Are you 12?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Aw, thanks for posting my screenie - still day-dreaming of being there...
  • StylzstarStylzstar Posts: 3 New Member
    @loubyloulou Such a beautiful screenshot! :)
  • QueenRosa16QueenRosa16 Posts: 1 New Member
    somehting wrong iwht sim 3 game lunch it saying the website is under Maintiance please fix i love playing sim
  • ElliDiLoElliDiLo Posts: 25 Member
    Well done everyone mentioned!
    3VzZSg1.jpg
  • SojonaSojona Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm new here...but I would like to have seen more weather options. Hurricanes, tornadoes, sandstorms, hail....and also to have SIMS do a little bit more on their own. I'd like to see relationships turn romantic without me having to give them a push. I'd like to see them go to work and school without being told when they are not the active house. I go back to a house to find they are all late for work and have no money because they haven't been going since I was last there. That's all for today :)
  • DylanJ10000DylanJ10000 Posts: 22 Member
    > @Sojona said:
    > I'm new here...but I would like to have seen more weather options. Hurricanes, tornadoes, sandstorms, hail....and also to have SIMS do a little bit more on their own. I'd like to see relationships turn romantic without me having to give them a push. I'd like to see them go to work and school without being told when they are not the active house. I go back to a house to find they are all late for work and have no money because they haven't been going since I was last there. That's all for today :)

While I feel that Tornadoes are a bit much, I would LOVE to see Sandstorms and Hurricanes! It would also be pretty cool to have Sims prepare for these (they get a warning a day or two prior) and wait it out!
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    OHMYGOSH! I've been a Simmer since Sim City (1998-ish?)... this is my first mention! Thank you! And yeah, I still want to know how everyone "plays" because it's inspiring.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2020
    If it wasn't for Sims4 this last month would've been total hell. I have only left home 3 times, once every 2 weeks for groceries. I have bronchitis and I don't need to risk getting worse. I'm in and out of Walmart in like 15 min, and yes I do use Self Checkout. I have a weak immune system for one thing, and I'm already sick so not risking anything if I can help it. Getting ready to post another thread showing off my makeovers from some of my first builds, and man you'll be shocked.
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    OHMYGOSH! I've been a Simmer since Sim City (1998-ish?)... this is my first mention! Thank you! And yeah, I still want to know how everyone "plays" because it's inspiring.

I build, playing with the Sims is kinda boring actually. I do have 4 sims that I play with but I'm only maxing their skills to share in the Gallery, so they are on Warp Speed with their Needs Locked.
  • Unicronplayz37Unicronplayz37 Posts: 16 Member
    I have been a simmer ever since the sims FreePlay was out!
  • ExtoriumExtorium Posts: 3 New Member
    My god i wish i was there right now
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
  • SojonaSojona Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree that tornadoes may be a bit too much, but SIMS need a little bit more excitement in their lives. A little bit more of the unexpected. A little bit less under our control perhaps. Perhaps a little bit less broken toilets and a little more of the SIMS instigating things on their own.