Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Icolopolis - a new urban scenery

FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi,
if your sims ever dreamed of living in a vibrating, exciting city, well, give them a chance to live in Icolopolis.
You can find it HERE

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o10_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn2ls11HBt1tsesq9o2_1280.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• synthwitchsynthwitch Posts: 40 Member
    This looks amazing!
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Federico : the link provided isn´t working, at least not for me!

The world looks stunning! Many thanks for your hard work!
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Federico : the link provided isn´t working, at least not for me!

The world looks stunning! Many thanks for your hard work!

Thank you! Link fixed. :-)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wow indeed. This is spectacular. I haven’t visited this thread in ages. Methinks I need to visit more often. Well done!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    This looks really good, very realistic and I love the way you have added greenery to the urban space <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited February 2019
    Amazing project :smiley: I guess it took a lot of time to make such a huge city. Great urban planning btw. :wink:
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Wow this looks super amazing. I definitely want to take a look. Awesome job. Wish I had the skill to make such a city.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I am so glad to see this thread here. I think this world of yours is beautiful...but it seems, at least for me, unplayable. :(

The first sim day playing in this world I ran into three huge problems all within minutes of each other. I had only been playing for probably 40 mins or so.
    -First, my sim went home from a community lot and the game could no longer recognize where she was. If I double clicked her icon, the map would pan to a random part of the street and not her actual location - her apartment.

-Second, in the map view, I couldn't move away from the community lot she had been visiting. If I tried to move the map view to anywhere else, it would seem like it was bouncing off of some invisible barrier between this community lot/the immediate area and the rest of the world. The only way to fix this was to enter buy mode. This also fixed the above issue, which I believe was caused by the camera being unable to move far enough to focus on my sim...since it was kind of stuck on that community lot.

-Third, when I was finally able to have the camera focus on my sim again...I couldn't see the inside of her house. I've had this glitch before and I know it to be a known Late Night glitch, so it could just be a coincidence. But, basically, the lot wouldn't "open" so that I could see inside or interact with anything. It's as if my sim didn't even live there. I was able to save and (since I've had this house glitch once before) I uinstalled and reinstalled Late Night to fix it.

So now, I play the second sim day. I can see inside her home now and all seems well. I was able to play through her sleeping and showering. And then I ran into another game breaking bug.

I had edited her career outfit in Stylist using MasterController, something that has never caused any issues with my game before. Upon exiting Stylist, a few things just seemed to go wrong.

-First, my sim was invisible. I waited a long time to see if it was just my game lagging and it was not. She never reappeared. I tried to use Debug Enabler to fix invisible sims - didn't work. I reset the lot - didn't work. I reset the sim herself - didn't work. So I thought, "well I dunno maybe buy mode will magically fix this again." Nope. My sim's apartment just basically stopped rendering. The windows wouldn't render at all. So, I think, well maybe resetting the town will work.

Nope. :3

Upon opening map view to use City Hall to reset the town, I see that this isn't an isolated incident.
    -None of the decorative buildings would load.
    -Several residential and community lots wouldn't load save for some random parts of them.
    -Some residential and community lots were just straight up black shells.

And, yeah, needless to say, resetting the town did nothing.

So I tried to play in your populated save. The map thing happened again almost at the same time, in fact, but not at the same community lot. This told me that this wasn't an isolated incident nor was it related to my save being wonky.

Now, I haven't installed any new mods since downloading your world and I have played other worlds just fine very recently. To test if it was strictly a problem with Icolopolis, I did a test run playing in Sunset Valley. Nothing went wrong in SV. So it seems to me like it's this world. :( Which is very unfortunate, because I would LOVE to play it.

To note:
    -I have a strong computer perfectly capable of running the world.
    -The save game was not corrupt.
    -I played for less than an hour, so this is not a case of running the game too long.
    -I have not installed any new mods before playing your world.

I'm in game now and going to try to test it again, but to be honest my hopes are not high. Hopefully you can figure out what is going on here.
    Update on the recent testing - The exact same thing happened again. Camera stuck on community lot, fixed by buy mode only then to find that my sim's house is not recognized as theirs and I can't see inside or interact with anything. I also can't see anything in the house except the sims themselves.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!
    I had few very good testers who helped me to test the scenery, and no one experienced this issue (neither me, I'm playing Icolopolis since its official release and it works fine).
    Maybe it's related to some CC you own, conflicting with Icolopolis CC?
    Hmm. I'll check for any conflicting cc.
    Well, I found it conflicted with 2 pieces of CC. I removed them and reinstalled Icolopolis to give it a fresh start. Again, on the first night it broke. I random couldn't click anything but the game menus, went into map view to reset the town and noticed the decorative buildings were, again, gone. And then I tried to edit town and it never loaded, so I had to kill the game with task manager. :/

I'll remove the only mod I can think of that I installed recently to see if maybe it is causing this, but I don't think it is. If it was the mod, it'd happen in all worlds, you'd think. :(
    Good news. I took the mod out and the world seemed to work fine. Not sure what about the mod wasn't getting along with the world, though. I was also able to install a newer version of the mod from the creator's Patreon and I made it through a night with no problems, so that seems hopeful. :smiley:
    Which mod is it?
    I would like to download it and test if it gives me the same errors.
  • suetoopsuetoop Posts: 34 Member
    I love the lot sort of under the bridge with the tent. A perfect starting place for my rags-to-riches sim.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Absolutely awesome <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • miglevymiglevy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, this city looks amazing! But the link page doesn't open :(
  • TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    This looks amazing! downloading now!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    It's so Awesome! I love the lights at night and all the details you added. :+1::mrgreen:
    Thought I'd share this beautiful screenshot I got under a full moon. Anyone who doesn't have this world needs it ASAP. Especially if, like me, you love the more urban worlds. :smiley:

CRZa6Pv.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top