Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• Dalton123Dalton123 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed!
  • TaylorLea32TaylorLea32 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I totally agree. i love my mac and the sims is the only game i play and i think we should be able to create the worlds

sign. taylorlea32
  • mish135mish135 Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    signed
  • n8hawkn8hawk Posts: 172 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed!
  • Victoria1902Victoria1902 Posts: 1
    edited December 2009

Signed, Victoria1902,
  • palmtreecodpalmtreecod Posts: 261 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Now that CAW's out, I went on YouTube to see a video. Now I want it even more!

EA better be looking at this!
  • alheeteralheeter Posts: 115
    edited December 2009
    Signed
  • rawwrrawwr Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    omg, Definitely signed!

They shouldn't just have it for PC. D:
  • Curlycoat26Curlycoat26 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed
  • HartVitaHartVita Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed x1000
  • thedeadbabythedeadbaby Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed :mrgreen: !!
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited December 2009

signed

even tho i feel like nobody is listening

would be nice if you, EA, dropped by forum once in a while and just said hey we are listening, if
    you are listening that is.
  • SquiguiSquigui Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed
  • TMelir19TMelir19 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed
  • SchlichtinatorSchlichtinator Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed. We were denied stuffs packs for the Sims 2 and other content for Sim City 4. I tired of it.
  • jz123jz123 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My frustration has led me to try CAW for Sims 3 using VMWare Fusion with XP professional, on my Intel imac. Works like a dream, I have posted my first creation...

" rel="nofollow">http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1723767

I know this isn't perfect by any means, but until they release it for Mac's it is an expensive work around..

Keep the petition going!!!

JZ123 :wink:
  • geoturtlegeoturtle Posts: 31 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed; geoturtle
  • JKG33JKG33 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed

JKG33
  • JKG33JKG33 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited December 2009
    jz123 wrote:
    My frustration has led me to try CAW for Sims 3 using VMWare Fusion with XP professional, on my Intel imac. Works like a dream, I have posted my first creation...

" rel="nofollow">http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1723767

I know this isn't perfect by any means, but until they release it for Mac's it is an expensive work around..

JZ123 :wink:

Im thinking of getting Parallels just for this.
  • crip_tickcrip_tick Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed
  • kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed. Even a more basic version that allows you to add lots to a pre-made map would be nice (similar to how Sims 2 worked). I don't need to create landscapes and sculpt mountains. I just want to be able to map out where I put my lots and stuff.
  • jrfinejrfine Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    signed
  • CaveLinuxCaveLinux Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed

The fact that CAW is not available for mac users as well as the lack of notification about if and when it will be available is incredibly frustrating. I feel disrespected as a customer. Mac users paid the same amount of money for the game as anyone else, I don't see how it's fair that windows users get access to content that mac users don't. I can understand it possibly taking some time to put it out for mac users, but at least notify the community in some way. If they don't release CAW for mac, I don't think I'll continue purchasing sims games. I feel incredibly limited with just two neighborhoods and I don't want to spend anymore money until I can create my own worlds the way I was able to with the sims 2.
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited December 2009
    As I'm typing this, we're one signature shy of 150; keep them coming everyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but the more attention this thread gets, the more likely a Guru is to look at it, and the more likely said Guru is to pass our requests onto a someone higher up in EA itself. While this petition is certainly a good start, and should continue until it achieves its goal, we can and should do more to persuade EA to release CAW--Beta, or even just the completed CAW for the Mac.

First, if you haven't done so already, please consider contacting Mac/Technology blogs and websites; you can use Google to find them, but below is a short list of some of the more popular/reputable ones:
      The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
      Engadget
      Macrumors
      Cult of Mac
      Gamespot
      IGN

For the blogs, most have a "tip us" button, or something similar. The more people click that "tip us" button and report the same thing, the more likely it is to be published. If we can give the lack of CAW--Beta/CAW for the Mac some press attention, EA might be more responsive. Within hours of info of the first defective WA patches actually showing up on blogs, EA had readied and released their patches. The signatures on this petition are great and should continue, but we must expand our efforts to persuade EA to release CAW--Beta or otherwise on the Mac.

Second, one thing that would be a huge help to our cause would be to have a well-known newspaper such as The New York Times write an article about the lack of CAW for the Mac in their technology section. I'm using the NY Times example simply because they have a technology section, and they've published information pertaining to games before. If there are any freelance writers reading this who are up to the task, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, the petition still needs to be supported, and signatures shouldn't stop just because we're branching out, but if we really want to persuade EA, we need to not only continue this petition, but to expand upon how we're trying to contact them as well.
    kellywest wrote:
    Even a more basic version that allows you to add lots to a pre-made map would be nice (similar to how Sims 2 worked).

Kellywest, while I appreciate your idea, the problem is that EA would have to write an entirely new tool, or a heavily altered tool to create the "Create-A-World LITE" concept that you've suggested. As a result, it would be easier/smarter for EA to merely port CAW--BETA/CAW in its current or final form.
    jz123 wrote:

I think you just hit the nail on the head: this is an expensive workaround, and that's assuming one already has a Windows XP disc. In my case, I'd have to also purchase a new WinXP disc, effectively running me roughly $270 dollars before tax and shipping for VMWare Fusion and WinXP. While I'm willing to pay EA for CAW, I'm willing to pay up to what I paid for the base game, ($60 for the CE,) I admittedly can't justify spending $270 as a result of a mistake made by EA.
    jz123 wrote:

Rest assured that I have no intention of letting this subject die until EA addresses it head on and comes up with a reasonable solution for Mac users; see the first part of this post for how you and others can continue to help us expand, I'll add one more suggestion at the end of this post, but it's really something I'd admittedly like to avoid.
    CaveLinux wrote:
    The fact that CAW is not available for mac users as well as the lack of notification about if and when it will be available is incredibly frustrating. I feel disrespected as a customer. Mac users paid the same amount of money for the game as anyone else, I don't see how it's fair that windows users get access to content that mac users don't. I can understand it possibly taking some time to put it out for mac users, but at least notify the community in some way. If they don't release CAW for mac, I don't think I'll continue purchasing sims games. I feel incredibly limited with just two neighborhoods and I don't want to spend anymore money until I can create my own worlds the way I was able to with the sims 2.

Well said CaveLinux; you've pretty much summed up my feelings on this subject entirely. It's not the fact that CAW isn't available, it's the lack of communication on behalf of EA that's bothering me. What's more, we paid the same amount of money for the same game, and should be given the same level of support and service as PC users. Like you, I feel like EA is disrespecting me as one of their customers. The two-neighborhood limitation is maddening, and considering that I had my own neighborhood planned out, I'm admittedly annoyed that it may never see the light of day now. Again, all EA has to do is tell us that they're going to release CAW--BETA or otherwise for the Mac and I'll gladly shut up, but until I hear that we're getting this tool, I'm not going to sit quietly and be ignored while paying for the same game that PC users are getting, sans an add-on tool.

This brings me to my "other" suggestions to get EA's attention on this subject. It's really something that I'd like to avoid though, so please, let's try the other, more "positive" concepts I listed earlier in this post first. Having said that, here's my idea: First, let me preface this by saying that boycotting the "High-End Loft" SP would be ultimately futile. If EA's "Games for Windows" interview from one year ago is accurate, then they see SPs as something they "tolerate" rather than something that they actively support. Since the SP only costs $20.00, it would only hurt us as Simmers at most if we neglected it. However, the same cannot be said for the next EP. EPs, which EA now seems to be charging $40.00 US dollars for are how TS3 continues to survive. One way to potentially persuade EA to release CAW for the Mac would be for every Mac user, or as many Mac users as possible, to boycott the next EP once it's announced. That means no pre-orders, no sales, and no use of said EP. Unlike SPs, EA actively supports EPs, and if enough people were to boycott the next EP, it could potentially hurt EA financially. Now let me be totally honest: this really isn't an ideal solution to our problem. It hurts EA because they'll lose money on their next EP if we do this, and it hurts us because we're effectively not purchasing or playing the next EP. This really is something I would like to avoid, but I'm not ruling out an EP boycott if we don't receive CAW, either as a beta or a finished tool. Again, this is something we have to consider carefully, and we shouldn't jump to immediately. I think the suggestions listed in the beginning of this post are far better, and far more positive methods of persuading EA than boycotting an EP would be, and I encourage everyone to use those more positive methods. I just want to put this idea out there, in the event that we need it, and I really hope that we don't. Once more, this is an idea that I really would like to avoid for various reasons.

Finally, I want to continue to thank everyone for their continued support. The more of us there are, the better our chances of persuading EA are. I also want people to seriously consider the blog/website concept; we need to expand beyond just using this petition. However, we do need to keep the petition going; the more people who sign this, and the more press this issue gets, the better our chances of success are. Let's try to persuade EA while remaining positive. I realize I mentioned an EP boycott, but it's really something that I'd like to avoid; it hurts us as much as it hurts EA, so let's try to avoid it if possible. Again, thank you all for your support. And if anyone from EA is reading this thread, I really hope that they're considering ideas, and listening to our feedback, especially feedback pertaining to poor communication. Again, I have no qualms with EA as a whole; my gripe is with the lack of CAW, and the lack of communication pertaining to CAW.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JTGJustinJTGJustin Posts: 109 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed!

I agree with every point you have made, I feel ripped off and somewhat less important than the people who use Windows. As a desperate attempt to get Create-A-World BETA I found our old Windows XP disc and installed our newly-bought Parallels 4 on my computer, then installed Windows XP on a virtual machine on that. I then proceeded to install The Sims 3 and then Create-A-World BETA. I went on it once, got used to it a tiny bit. I then closed it. I shut down the virtual machine for a while. A few hours later when I turned on the virtual machine and opened up Create-A-World BETA once more, it showed the welcoming Create-A-World BETA screen, and then nothing. So, for anyone who is going to buy Parallels, don't. It's not worth it. It may be my computer, but don't risk it. EA is known to be rubbish ever since the release of The Sims 3 to us Mac folk. I'm rather glad we didn't get Parallels for just Create-A-World BETA. It would have been such a waste. :?

DO NOT GET PARALLELS TO GET CREATE-A-WORLD BETA! YOU'LL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!