Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

Comments

• LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    cats and dogs like the bb stuff but hate dealing with the pets even with cheats to make them playable vampires now that you get a random dark form can't copy present sim and edit it but like gothic bb items
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    Yes, Vampires I don’t know it just feels a bit rushed :) There’s still plenty to do I don’t despise it but it could be better...
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I am officially so fed up with Parenthood. My sims' teens constantly annoy their parents when asking them for advice and character values are seriously unbalanced to the point they just automatically max out their responsibility. In fact, I find it much harder to get the character values into the red than into the green. Manners also get maxed out far too quickly, and it often results in unnecessary autonomous actions like setting the table when there's no need for it. Mood swings are also just sooo annoying, as well as childhood phases (why do you have to wake up in the middle of the night to enter into a phase?). I am actually thinking about deactivating the pack because it's just so annoying, but there's some really nice bb and cas items I'd like to keep.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I just cheat all the values up to full lol if the teen gets too moody remove from family opps homeless that will teach her
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    About 'Seasons', if you really hate the weather, you can basically turn it all off. ;)

In Settings:
    8P0vbB4.png

I hope that's helpful.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I think my regrets are more about the price I paid for some packs. I regret buying Island Living day one. I regret buying the Sims 4 base game day one.

It surprises me how much I am willing to wait for a price drop now with this game because I believe the content is lacking. I have no desire to buy tiny living or My first pet stuff because I believe they belonged in the expansions they came after. ROM I refuse to buy until it is 50% off because I will probably on use it as much as I would a stuff pack. I remember a time when I bought everything and was always satisfied or there was at least enough content to cover the price ....ahh the good old days.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    About 'Seasons', if you really hate the weather, you can basically turn it all off. ;)

In Settings:
    8P0vbB4.png

I hope that's helpful.

I rather keep the weather but have optional seasons. Rain is very useful for gardens where Patchy or servos is not around.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I don't regret buying anything, but lately I have installed sims, all packs and also all updates for base game. Took me a while.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Totally regret Strangerville. Not too happy with Vampires either, but I find some stuff useful.

I'm curious, why do you regret getting Strangerville? I've been sitting on the fence (metaphorically) trying to decide if I should still get it or not. Originally, when I was new to Sims 4, it seemed one of the most interesting.

I regret it because I don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy the storyline or the characters. Oddly, I feel both stressed out trying to figure out what to do, and bored by having to follow a set storyline. I bought it with the idea that I would do the storyline, and then be able to just play as a neighborhood. But I don't know how long it will take to get through the story.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Totally regret Strangerville. Not too happy with Vampires either, but I find some stuff useful.

Do you mind elaborating why? I recently was considering buying strangerville just to get a new world to build in but I'm on the fence. Is it really bad?

To say it's bad, isn't the right answer. Some people love this. I don't. I just don't enjoy it at all. I was on the fence about buying it so waited for a sale. I still regret it. I bought it thinking that I would play the storyline and then use the neighborhood. But I dislike the storyline much more than I expected. I actually find it stressful more than fun.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I kinda regret buying out door retreat. It should have been a stuff pack and not a gaming pack. The world it comes with just doesn't have enough game play. I would really like an update so you can swim in the lakes. What saves this pack a little is the tents and star gazing. If you like playing rags to riches and having a tent to sleep and keeping warm at a camp fire. You'll probably like this pack.
  • TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    Get To Work was a dissapointment to me. Mainly because of the "Open for Bussiness" aspect was very lacking. Aliens were great, though.
    Best one, and only one I preordered, was Realm of Magic.
  • TennedraTennedra Posts: 25 Member
    I don't regret buying it, but I do regret getting Cats and Dogs as my very first expansion pack. I felt like it didn't add much gameplay with just it and the base game installed. Also, the pets themselves are a bit annoying and I no longer add them often to my families. I do like the bb items though.
  • allmyfriendsaresimsallmyfriendsaresims Posts: 19 Member
    I don't really get University - maybe I haven't played it enough yet. But my sims were just constantly uncomfortable living in disgusting conditions in the halls!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't really get University - maybe I haven't played it enough yet. But my sims were just constantly uncomfortable living in disgusting conditions in the halls!

I have to admit that I like it better when my students live somewhere other than the dorms.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I don't regret any of it. Sometimes a new pack will make me want to use things from an older pack that I seldom use, like since Tiny Living came out, I've went back to Sulani because a tiny home there works nicely if most of the activities are outdoors, but it also means being able to use DU stuff like servos and the robo suit less.
  • Simoleon_KachinnnngSimoleon_Kachinnnng Posts: 13 New Member
    I bought The Sims 4 and the Bundle with Seasons, Jungle Adventure and Spooky stuff a few days ago. I have only used 2 things in the spooky stuff pack and thats a cobweb wallpaper and a black widow that I put in the middle of the cobweb and my Sim seems to thing it's well decorated.

I can't say I regret any of the stuff at the moment it's probably a bit too early to tell. I am wondering about other packs to buy and definitely now they are in a sale. Island Living, Perfect Patio, Backyard stuff and Laundry day looks like a good bundle.
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Dine Out for sure. If there's any pack I would caution people against buying that would be it.

When I first bought it, I thought taking Sims out to eat at restaurants would be the greatest thing ever. But it's honestly quite "meh." And that's literally the only thing it adds to Sims.

I do use a few of the items like the plants and what not in my homes, but I mainly use them JUST to get some use out of the pack.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Interesting question! Probably the ones I'm using less are Moschino and Laundry Stuff, from the stuff packs. And Strangerville from the game packs ones.

On the contrary, I'm enjoying immensely Vampires, Realm of Magic, Island Living and Jungle Adventures. If I could just choose four, I will definitely pick those ones in that order! :)
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    From my point of view I feel that each pack adds something useful for me whether it be a main feature or a small extra feature. I also feel that for the most part the packs all play well and compliment each other well enough. At this point I don't think I regret getting any pack but I will say that some have been a little less than perfect for sure.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    get famous and laundry day
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    This is a hard question for me, actually. There is tons I don't use from each pack... even core things. I haven't sent a sim to University and had them graduate. But I'm still kinda glad to have Discover University because I like the objects, clothes, etc...

The only one I can say I really never use anything from is Bowling Night Stuff. And I'm pretty sure I paid full price for it. Smh.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I don't regret buying any of the packs however, I really never wanted robots, aliens, ghosts, or mermaids in my game either. I wish there was a way to completely disable them from spawning.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Parenthood.
    I have not even bought it but already regret in case I ever will. (MOST unlikely)
    Not all of the older players like me who started at original The Sims, is on to that much family play.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina