Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to locate specific cc?

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
I have 3 pieces of cc hairstyles I'd like to get removed from my game. Two of them because they aren't disabled for randoms and are infecting the entire neighborhood with every second sim spawning with them, while the other one is just broken and causes graphical bugs on sims wearing them. My problem is that I have no idea what the file names of either of those hairstyles are, thus I can't delete them. Is there a way to find out their names?
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I have 3 pieces of cc hairstyles I'd like to get removed from my game. Two of them because they aren't disabled for randoms and are infecting the entire neighborhood with every second sim spawning with them, while the other one is just broken and causes graphical bugs on sims wearing them. My problem is that I have no idea what the file names of either of those hairstyles are, thus I can't delete them. Is there a way to find out their names?

You can make a sim with the CC you do not want and save it to the gallery then use the Sims 4 Tray Importer to remove the CC.
    This explains how and contains links to the PC and MAC versions:
    https://simsvip.com/2016/02/22/custom-showcase-the-sims-4-tray-importer-by-deevo/

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Thank you so much, can't wait to finally get rid of those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hairstyles! Especially those two that aren't disabled for randoms are so annoying. About half of all randomly generated female sims have these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hairstyles (they're all gonna be bald soon lol).

I like to build stuff
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I like to use Sims4Studio to maintain, check and update my CAS CC. You can view the CC, delete CC, delete swatches, change clothing categories and run batch fixes. It also lets you disallow cc for random or aliens or whatever. And more. It's free but you have to register. Of course the above mentioned solution works as well, just wanted to mention S4S in this context because it has been such a great help managing the CC in my game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    I tried to use Sims4Studio (still had it installed from some time ago), but it crashed as soon as I wanted to view my cc, so I used Tray Importer and got rid of everything that was annoying me :D Thank you both for your suggestions @Bananas_45 and @Netzspannung :)

I like to build stuff
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The most important thing is that the problem is solved. But just if you ever consider using S4S again, they frequently publish updated versions. Not with every game update but certainly with every pack as new content is added to the game. The new version has to be downloaded and installed. If you haven't done that in a long time that could be the reason for the crash.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    Ah, I didn't know that I'd have to download a new version, I kinda thought it would search for updates by itself like Tray Importer seems to do

I like to build stuff