Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Launcher download error - comes up with 1KB Error & won't install

Every time I try to install something like my European sports car or something from the store like my plasmatron tv, it first of all won't go to the launcher, then when it finally does it appears as being only 1Kb and won't install. The only thing that worked properly was my Vintage car. Anyone have the same problem or know what to do?

Also, EA customer support sucks. Each time they respond to my question I get the same email and the link to help has nothing to do with what I asked them in the first place. For gods sake!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I get something simular, when I try to download from the store it goes to launcher as unknown -queued- 1kb and thats all that it does. I have even let it sit there for hours and it never leaves que...
  • Options
    TwilyteSims2TwilyteSims2 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, there are 2 things to try...

1.) Make sure you're running the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework (3.5).

2.) Make sure you are logged in to yoru EADM (EA Download Manager) when you try to download and install.

If you've got the item already downloaded and it won't install, try finding it in your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads folder, then right click on it, choose OPEN WITH from the list and click on Sims 3 Launcher. That should fire up the launcher and install the game.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I checked my registry and I have Net framework 3.5 installed and 2 previous versions. Also logged into EA Download Manager and the Sims 3 Launcher. It's still not downloading anything from the store. Thanks for trying to help. :-)
  • Options
    Afr0SimAfr0Sim Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Also try running your launcher in administrator mode if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
  • Options
    TwilyteSims2TwilyteSims2 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mofurs wrote:
    I checked my registry and I have Net framework 3.5 installed and 2 previous versions. Also logged into EA Download Manager and the Sims 3 Launcher. It's still not downloading anything from the store. Thanks for trying to help. :-)

As to Microsoft's .NET Framework.... I had the same thing... 3.5 plus 3 earlier versions. They were all causing problems. I uninstalled ALL OF THEM through Control Panels add/Remove Programs. After I got rid of all of them, I rebooted, then went to Microsoft and got the latest and greatest (cough cough) version of their .NET Frameworks 3.5. After installing it and rebooting, I could finally download things.

Installing through the Launcher is still a problem but once the item is downloaded I can right click on it and do a Open With Sims 3 Launcher to get the item installed.

Good luck. It helped me and pkybear3 yesterday.
  • Options
    indiedancepartyindiedanceparty Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2009
    hi. i have the same problem. When I try to download something, it just sits in the little Sims 3 Game Launcher thing, saying it's qued for download and that it's like 1KB. But nothing else happens. Not if I click install or sit and wait for five billion hours.

i looked and it says I have Microsoft's .Net Framework 3.5 SP 1. Is that good? It says I have like...four others before that too. Do I need to just uninstall them all and try redownloading the latest?

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DJZAPDJZAP Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hello. I had the same problem. When I tried to download something it would say error and cancel the download, so this is what I did. I went to Computer, C:drive and deleted the file System 32. It is the troublesome file that not only causes your gam to lag but not download anything from the Sims store.