Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Mixes questions

I have one sim, a Spell Caster who got 4 other sims pregnant and I need some help

They are as follows, and offspring

Sage Spellcaster- Spellcaster kid
Alien- Spellcaster kid
Mermaid- Spellcaster kid
Vampire- Vampire kid

So why arent they hybrids? Why not alien Spellcaster? Can my mermaid kid take the kelp and keep her spell powers. She has her mom's (the one who got everyone pregnant) weird spell eyes. Will she get a tail after toddlerhood?

Why did the alien get her father's disguise coloring instead of his alien coloring?
I'm okay with the vamp one. I know they can't be both. Or can they?

Please halp!!!!!!!!
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I think it was mentioned years ago that the game doesn't really allow for hybrids like TS2 did. Example: Vampires and Spellcasters use the same "code" (or area) for their special skills so having one state would make the other one not viable.

It might also be too difficult or time consuming to code for all pre-existing occult states in packs that not everyone may have. I dunno, I'm not a programmer.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Unfortunately, the game developers forgot to include hybrid genetics. So, what I do is use the cheat codes. Ctrl Shift C Testingcheats On Enter Testingcheats True

I give some of my Sims all four Occults with the proper order:

1. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultVampire
    Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593
    Press Enter Arrow Up to repeat for the Vampire Perks, then select the Strengths & Weaknesses.

2. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultAlien

3. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient
    Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2850
    Press Enter Arrow Up to repeat for the Magic Perks, then select your desire Magic Powers.

4. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid.

And that is how you get a Quad Hybrid.

You can also just have two or three Occult traits in your sim.

These cheat codes aren't mods or mccs.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hybrids are not supported. A Sim is intended to be one thing, not both. Forcing hybrids can break your game. My recommendation, dont.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yeah, the devs really didn't make room for hybrid Occults, unfortunately, and when people do get hybrids, they tend to be very buggy because the game isn't designed for them. It's too bad because I'd love to be able to play around with Occult genetics.
    #Team Occult
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Just a note about cheating hybrids, because the UI interactions overlap, you may need to cheat vampire perks or spellcaster perks, and anything that has an alternate form will likely be glitched. The only mod-less "safe" hybrids are Alien-Spellcasters, because Aliens don't have any UI changes and Spellcasters don't have an alternate form.

I believe that a patch or two back they did something to prevent accidental hybrids, because the coding doesn't support it.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    I have a vampire-spellcaster hybrid and i have no issues.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The only issues I've had with my Quad Hybrids was with my sim having a bath & her legs would look weird & disappear after her bath.
    (invisible from the waist down) lol. So now I just make sure that my Quad Hybrid only has showers.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2020
    I have a natural born hybrid, father is a vampire, mother is spellcaster. I wanted the kid to be a spellcaster but the bat flew up at birth. I had saved it just before delivery so I hept going out and back in without saving until I got what I wanted. Well after 12 tries I decided I had no choice but to go with the vampire and figure out some other thing to do about it when she aged up. Well, when she aged up she was identified as a spellcaster even though she was born a vampire.
    I have a vampire-spellcaster hybrid and i have no issues.

Are you able to access both sets of perks? Because that was my understanding - that one set of perks or the other is not accessable and needs to be cheated in.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the game developers forgot to include hybrid genetics. So, what I do is use the cheat codes. Ctrl Shift C Testingcheats On Enter Testingcheats True

I give some of my Sims all four Occults with the proper order:

1. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultVampire
    Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593
    Press Enter Arrow Up to repeat for the Vampire Perks, then select the Strengths & Weaknesses.

2. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultAlien

3. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Occult_WitchOccult_BloodlineAncient
    Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2850
    Press Enter Arrow Up to repeat for the Magic Perks, then select your desire Magic Powers.

4. Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid.

And that is how you get a Quad Hybrid.

You can also just have two or three Occult traits in your sim.

These cheat codes aren't mods or mccs.

Okay I'll do that then. The mer spell has the spell image, but in CAS has nothing above her traits. It's weird. Gonna wait to see what's up with her.
    But I want my alien hybrid.

Wait can you add a trait AlienHybrid?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Just a note about cheating hybrids, because the UI interactions overlap, you may need to cheat vampire perks or spellcaster perks, and anything that has an alternate form will likely be glitched. The only mod-less "safe" hybrids are Alien-Spellcasters, because Aliens don't have any UI changes and Spellcasters don't have an alternate form.

I believe that a patch or two back they did something to prevent accidental hybrids, because the coding doesn't support it.

Does that mean I need to add trait Alien, or have it say Alien Hybrid?
    LSM36 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Does that mean I need to add trait Alien, or have it say Alien Hybrid?

I'm not sure. It's not something I've personally explored. Just bits I've kept track of in a vague plan to use Aliens as a stand in for True Fae for my NotWorldofDarkness save (once we get werewolves)
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    cross breeding supernaturals is a recipe for disaster. They say they will just be one of the other and there are no hybrids but every time I do it they are a hybrid -- might show Alien in the CAS but mermaid powers and no access to alien disguise. When they turn into teens and come into their powers they become monstrosities. My Alien/Mermaid kids had no bottoms in the water and could not be properly edited in CAS --they basically became unplayable.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The only issues I've had with my Quad Hybrids was with my sim having a bath & her legs would look weird & disappear after her bath.
    (invisible from the waist down) lol. So now I just make sure that my Quad Hybrid only has showers.

her legs will also disappear when swimming. stay out of the pool :-)