Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating Masterpieces

What is the best way to create masterpiece books? and art? Traits, emotions, items... etc...
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The creative trait is a good start, because the chance of writing bestsellers or painting masterpieces is much higher the higher the sims' skill level is. With the creative trait, they build these skills much faster.

I haven't really tried it, but logically speaking, an inspired sim would probably have a much better chance at creating good books/art because it also lets them build their creative skills faster.

As for items, I only know of two. They're two of the reward lamps that get added to the game when you register certain TS3 expansions on Origin. Depending on the lamp, they give different emotional auras. The two that give you an inspired aura are the Ambitions and Supernatural rewards.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    For the best results, be 'very inspired', which is "inspired +8". To that end, use inspiring items to get a +3 inspiring decor (like 'The Muse' bookcase, that you get from the author career path. Add a +3 decor mood by getting some expensive art around where you write/paint, which will give you +6 inspired at all times. You then have two points to get via various means, such as taking good care of your sim, eating a very good meal, etc...
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    If you have 2,000 satisfaction points to spare, buy the Creative Visionary trait from the rewards store:

"Sims with Creative Visionary have a 20% higher chance to Write Bestsellers and Paint Masterpieces. This is a very good Reward Trait for either of those pursuits. Combine this with Inspired, and your Sim will have a much higher than usual chance, which will raise income substantially - for a Painter, perhaps not as much as Marketable, given its consistent boost."

I would try to make this a priority purchase for any artistic sim, once higher levels are reached (8+) this really works well. Also, as mentioned, buy the Marketable trait for extra cash when selling art.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Don't forget the lot traits. Home Studio improves quality for both painting and writing, and gives an Inspired moodlet. Natural Light boosts skill gain for painting and also has an Inspired moodlet. Fast Internet boosts skill gain for writing but has an Energized moodlet, which is less useful than the Inspired ones.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited April 2020
    Thanks everyone. Does it matter whether you write or paint it all in one sitting? What about type of book or painting?
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Painting realism; Writing Biography.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    thank you