Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite Disney movie?

beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0J0t9BadYJE

Lilo and Stitch is mine!

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited April 2020
    The Little Mermaid. I saw it in the theater in '89 and it's been my favorite since.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    The Little Mermaid. I saw it in the theater when I was 10 and it's been my favorite since.

What did they call the fork again?
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited March 2020
    Balto, it was great. Other movies as well. Hand drawn animations are the best in my opinion.
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Balto, it was great. Other movies as well. Hand drawn animations are the best in my opinion.

Haven't seen that one yet, but I'll look it up.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Growing up my favorites were The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan, now it's probably Tangled.
    Growing up my favorites were The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan, now it's probably Tangled.

Would you mind telling us more about why?
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    The Little Mermaid. I saw it in the theater when I was 10 and it's been my favorite since.

What did they call the fork again?

A dinglehopper. :)
    Wolfium wrote: »

I agree! Hand drawn animation has so much more heart and character.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Lilo and Stitch
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    When I was a child, I loved the Incredibles.

It is more Pixar... But it's close enough. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    NOT DISNEY!!!

But I'm going old school and say -

All Dogs Go To Heaven

My childhood favorite :heart: ! It came out in 1989 when I was 12 ! No matter what other films (that I have seen) came out they couldn't top All Dogs Go To Heaven - in my memory and opinion! And this is coming from someone who is a cat person. This was a great movie for its time. That's why, after 31 years, Charlie is STILL sitting in that "Top Dog" spot in my memory and heart for best animation films!

Good boy. :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    NOT DISNEY!!!

But I'm going old school and say -

All Dogs Go To Heaven

My childhood favorite :heart: ! It came out in 1989 when I was 12 ! No matter what other films (that I have seen) came out they couldn't top All Dogs Go To Heaven - in my memory and opinion! And this is coming from someone who is a cat person. This was a great movie for its time. That's why, after 31 years, Charlie is STILL sitting in that "Top Dog" spot in my memory and heart for best animation films!

Good boy. :)

Great one. We are close in age (I was 10 in 89). I loved that movie and my kids have seen it a couple times. Also, The Land Before Time.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

Would you mind telling us more about why?

Sure.

As a child (and even now as an adult) I dreamed of being able to fly. Peter Pan and in a lesser way the Little Mermaid gave me a taste of that.

Now my tastes have matured and I like Tangled because the songs are awesome, certain scenes are breathtaking, and the story is a lot of fun while still having some darker moments to keep it grounded. Rapunzel's relationship with Flynn/Eugene is done very well and Mother Gothel is a great villain. Overall I think it's a nearly perfect film.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    NOT DISNEY!!!
    All Dogs Go To Heaven

Oh yes! OMG what did I cry!!!!! :'(<3

I have quite a few favorite Disney - movies. I was addicted :D

Homeward Bound <3
    Lions King <3
    Bambi <3
    Beauty and the Beast
    Pocahontas
    Lady and the Tramp
    Cap and Capper
    Dinosaur
    Pinocchio
    Aristocats
    Hercules
    Mulan

Not Disney, but also great:
    The last Unicorn <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    The original Lion King movie. I haven’t really watched most of the cartoon movies. There are probably other Disney movies but I forgot some of them that I did watch.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Pocahontas. Mulan, Jasmine from Aladdin, Belle from Beauty & the Beast, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, Malley from the Aristorcats. Tomasma, That Darn Cat, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Summer Magic, Castaway, Escape from Witch Mountain, Return to Witch Mountain,
    Maleficient 1 & 2, Frozen 1 & 2, and the Disney TV Series Once Upon A Time.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Considering that Miramax was part of Disney in 1994, I'd say Pulp Fiction.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love all the Disney classics, but The Lion King is probably my favourite. It was the first film I saw in the cinema and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I refuse to watch the live action remake as I know it can't compare. I also really love 101 Dalmatians, Homeward Bound, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

They aren't Disney, but I also really loved The Secret of NIMH, Thumbelina, The Prince of Egypt, Balto, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Watership Down, The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends, The Land Before Time, and The Swan Princess when I was little. Oh, I feel so nostalgic now!
    They aren't Disney, but I also really loved The Secret of NIMH, Thumbelina, The Prince of Egypt, Balto, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Watership Down, The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends, The Land Before Time, and The Swan Princess when I was little. Oh, I feel so nostalgic now!

I adore The Secret of NIMH. I was always scared of and fascinated by Nicodemus as a child.
    Wil Wheaton and Shannon Dougherty were Mrs. Brisby's children, I find that so funny now.
  • KrankyKellKrankyKell Posts: 15 Member
    Robin Hood
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    This question is impossible to give just one answer haha...

But my top ones are:

Mary Poppins
    Moana
    Beauty & the Beast
    THe Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
    Pirates of the Caribbean Series
    National Treasures 1&2
    Little Mermaid
    Aladdin
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    I am really in love with the Live Action Lady and the Tramp movie on Disney+ and the cartoon version I didn't like as much. Must be the dog owner in me now lol
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Aladdin. Because Robin Williams.

That said, I also really like the Wreck it Ralph films. I thought there was some clever humour in Ralph Breaks the Internet (particularly the scenes with the Disney princesses). 😁
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    Brave. Somehow I can so relate to Merida and I think her story with her mother is touching, makes me long for something I don't have.