Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of objects with Focusing Decor & ways to improve Focus

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
This is my attempt to compile information about improving focus. Any corrections/contributions would be greatly appreciated.

I know there have been some tutorials on ways to improve Focused mood for Sims but I couldn't seem to find one that listed all of the focusing decor objects by name.

I read that using the Future Cube to ask about Scientific Mysteries will do it and using various science tools/objects will work as well.

Yoga mats let you do a yoga routine (with enough wellness skill) called "Mind Concentrating" that boosts focus.

Some of the objects are career or aspiration rewards, but these are the ones I've found in my game so far (I do not have all of the expansions yet). You can type the name of the objects in to search for them if you can't find the category.

My List thus far:
Alma Mater University Life Award (Focusing Decor 4) Lighting > Table Lamps §110 from owning Sims 3 University Life pack
Astro Model Rocket (Focusing Decor 3) Decorations > Sculptures §135 unlocked at Astronaut career lvl 3
Astro Solar System Light (Focusing Decor 2) Lighting > Ceiling §70 unlocked at Astronaut career lvl 2
Blicblock - Signed (Focusing Decor 2) Decorations > Paintings & Posters §320 City Living
Computer Hard Drive (Focusing Decor 3) Decorations > Sculptures §180 unlocked at Tech Guru career lvl 3
Defeat the Darkness Surgical Light (Focusing Decor 1) Lighting > Floor Lamps §415 unlocked at Doctor career lvl 4 Get to Work
Executron Desk Pen Set (Focusing Decor 4) Decorations > Misc §1,100 unlocked at Business career lvl 8 Investor branch
Executron Personal Stock Ticker (Focusing Decor 4) Decorations > Wall Decorations §1,150 unlocked at Business career lvl 7 Investor branch
Flying Saucer Table Lamp (Focusing Decor 1) Lighting > Table Lamps §165 unlocked at Scientist career lvl 3 Get to Work
Hand Carved Chess Table (Focusing Decor 2) Activities and Skills > Knowledge §635 unlocked by completing a Gold tier Weenie Roast Outdoor Retreat
Hillock II- Signed (Focusing Decor 2) Decorations > Paintings & Posters §320 unlocked at Social Media career lvl 5 Internet Personality branch City Living
Hot & Cold Tech Spec Poster (Focusing Decor 5) Decorations > Paintings & Posters §790 unlocked at Criminal career lvl 7 Oracle branch
Innovator's Award for Excellence in Science (Focusing Decor 4) Decorations > Sculptures §525 unlocked at Tech Guru career lvl 6
Interrogation Illumination (Focusing Decor 1) Lighting > Ceiling Lamps §105 unlocked at Detective career lvl 8 Get to Work
Pie Chart Presentation (Focusing Decor 3) Decorations > Misc §240 unlocked at Business career lvl 5
Proceed With Caution Table Light (Focusing Decor 1) Decorations > Table Lamps §120 unlocked at Detective career lvl 7 Get to Work
Retro, P.I. Lamp (Focusing Decor 1) Lighting > Ceiling Lamps §110 unlocked at Detective career lvl 8 Get to Work
"Revanne" Poster (Focusing Decor 9) Decorations > Paintings & Posters §2,195 unlocked at Tech Guru career lvl 8 eSport Gamer branch
Stack of CDs (Focusing Decor 2) Decorations > Clutter §570 unlocked at Tech Guru career lvl 7 eSport Gamer branch
Star Seeker Original Blueprints (Focusing Decor 2) Decorations > Sculptures §160 unlocked at Astronaut career lvl 4
The Diligent Doctor's Desk (Focusing Decor 2) Surfaces > Desks §555 unlocked at Doctor career lvl 8 Get to Work
The Hipster Hugger (Focusing Decor 2) Comfort > Sofas §505 unlocked at Tech Guru career lvl 5
Tiny Tranquility Zen Garden (Focusing Decor 3) Decorations > Misc §295 unlocked at Business career lvl 6

Note: To search for the "Revanne" poster, you must include the quotes around it or it won't show up

Taking a deep soak bath with Citrus boosts focus as well. I need to figure out which tea boosts it. Pitch black tea boosts focus.
Anyone know if there are flower arrangements that boost it?
Post edited by Suceress on

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited March 2020
    Any computer: Web/Browse Simpedia
    Any chess table: Ponder Moves
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Here's an article on how to get your sims very focused. Wish it were that easy in real life. :smiley:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/emotions/focused.php

In the coments there's also this tidbit

Kelseysays...
    If you collect a sample from the trash plant and make a print of the slide using the microscope, the resulting print has a focus décor of 9, which is the highest I have seen so far. I made a bunch and put them all over the hospital (and my house) and it really helps with the doctor career (and anything else that needs focus).

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    There's a bunch of gems from when lightning strikes. I've accidentally duplicated them a few times moving a lot to different locations, putting everything grabbable into someone's inventory first before deleteing the old lot and moving them to the new copy lot.

(I know grabbable is not a real word, but it is now because I say so!)

There's also rewards and rare items you can get from the Astronaut career. Probably from the Scientist career too.

I'll make a list and post it here or what I have in-game for focusing items, when I get a round tuit. I mean, around to it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the replies! I haven't yet found any gems from lightning strikes.
    I didn't even know there was a trash plant. Where do I find that one?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a trash plant. Where do I find that one?

It grows if you don't clean out a trash pile from the ground.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25214.0
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If you shape the Bonsai tree and then view it, that makes you Focused.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    With the Get Together expansion you can purchase a club ability (with club points) that you can set the vibe of all club members to focused when the club is active.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited March 2020
    If your sim has a relatively high logic skill, I think it's from level 6 or 7, playing chess will give them a focused buff as well. I think the buff is called "a great move" or something along those lines.

I don't think anyone has mentioned elements yet. I often put an elemental display rack in the study and put some elements in it and then enable their emotional aura.

I'm pretty sure that using the archaeology skill and the research and debate skill can also give focused moodlets.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Spa Day has three Focus-related items:

Meditation Stool - meditation grants Focus
    Incense burner - "Sharpening Saffron" will keep a Sim focused while in range.
    Yoga Mat - "Mind Concentrating" grants a long-lasting Focus mood.

Also, Spa Day includes the New Age radio station, listening to which will grant a Focus buff.
    Thanks! You guys are great & very helpful!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    There's a bunch of gems from when lightning strikes.

Is that where all those random gems come from? Thank you.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    @joRN1414 Taking pictures in the observatory gives amazing photos that have an aura of +7 focus when activated. That is 'base-game'.
    44sPRSh.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    If you take a cutting from a plant and analyze it with the microscope, you get a pretty picture that gives focus (the amount depends on the plant.)
    @Nylalia I love your avatar pic, by the way. B)

This is Ainsley:

khU9wID.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    @Admiral8Q She's adorbs!!! :D
    Ooh, I didn't realize you could get pics from the observatory. I have a ton of plant pics and have lined my walls with them. I didn't realize at first that I had to enable emotional aura in order to get the benefits.
    I think I'm going to get the latest version of SimPE and play around with adding stats & auras to objects that I like.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Taking a citrus soak.

Purchasing the focusing emotional book and reading it.

Pitch black tea.