Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    @Talea12345 Your house looks so hidden from the sky view! Neat idea! I love the rocks around the pool area. Such a nice home!
    @TwtyBrd0707 Beautiful home! Love the porch a lot.
    @SimTresa I always say that I'm going to use the sky lights roof trick, and I always forget. Amazing kitchen island!
    @AlJay Your house is freakin amazing! You should just move it to Bargain Bend for this challenge, forget the dome. I know it is a shame because the dome is wow!.. but your house is so awesome!
    @PINKLADY1 I had to go and comment on the gallery after looking at your pictures. You are such a great builder and decorator! Love it!

Skylights are fun if challenging. :) I actually had to redo them to make a bedroom larger. Thanks!
    image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thanks @shakerella :)
    But what if the air quality isn't good!?! What if they can't survive!?! What if there are strange things living there!?! They need the dome!! I'm kidding, but seriously, that was the starting point for my thought process. I am totally being okay with being disqualified :)
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2020
    @AlJay I have put a rocket ship out before from Debug and it goes back to being crates. Did your sim build yours or am I missing something?

edit: I have even tried to place one that I built before and have stored in a "room" and it just goes back.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    @shakerella it is not the rocket ship. It is a live edit object item that kinda looked like a rocket ship. I did have my sim build one, but it was far too expensive. I figured this would work just fine.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @AlJay now that I look better I see it isn't. Looks great there
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited March 2020
    It's done! Entry form coming soon... I don't have it in me tonight to organize the pics.
    ef22Ain.png
  • sharkiebeesharkiebee Posts: 1 New Member
    CHALLENGE #135 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: sharkiebee
    ORIGIN ID: sharkiebee

LEVEL: 1st bns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DFAC2A14735B11EA8AF53A0A7F8BC425?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns135&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 101,794
    TOTAL COST: as above?

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Wz6PdnS

ENTRY DETAILS: I used the blue urn for inspo, with shades of blue dotted around the house and the main room for the inspo was the dining room conservatory. I focussed on the spring aspect and made a garden, dotted plants about the house and added a cute wee greenhouse.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure! why not
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:no cc used

TWITTER TAG: NA
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    edited March 2020
    FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL: Established
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/671E7F23720711EA8C15F1AA7B1EA5C5?‬LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 101,134
    TOTAL COST: 103,134
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/RgOry2W
    ENTRY DETAILS: A family home dating back to the Victorian era. Now lived in by a young family, they've made a few alterations to modernize - opening the kitchen for a family and media room. They kept the formal rooms in the front half of the first floor.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

O33NulX.png
    XZhxKxL.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    sharkiebee wrote: »
    FORUM ID: sharkiebee
    ORIGIN ID: sharkiebee

LEVEL: 1st bns
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DFAC2A14735B11EA8AF53A0A7F8BC425?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns135&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 101,794
    TOTAL COST: as above?

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Wz6PdnS

ENTRY DETAILS: I used the blue urn for inspo, with shades of blue dotted around the house and the main room for the inspo was the dining room conservatory. I focussed on the spring aspect and made a garden, dotted plants about the house and added a cute wee greenhouse.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure! why not
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:no cc used

TWITTER TAG: NA
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend in WillowCreek
    NEW LOT LINK:Grandma's Family Home
    LOT COST: $ 2,000
    GALLERY COST: $ $101,155
    TOTAL COST: $ 103,155
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: Placed on the provided foundation on the Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek ,this home was created with the Grandmothers urn ( item provided ) in mind..The colors in our home reflect this object..We Set on the fireplace mantle our Chosen item The " Grandmothers Urn" .The home, was created for Grand Mother , and Her Family.. Her Son, Daughter-In Law and their 2 children.. A Teen Girl and a little Boy..There are 4 bedrooms,3 1/2 Baths, a Formal Dining room, a Media /Living room, Study & a chef's Kitchen..Art By EmmaKuiper64, SimSationalToo Ninnster & roseymow from the Gallery.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art By EmmaKuiper64, SimSationalToo Ninnster & roseymow from the Gallery.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES
    91605106_2670209423199132_2830211984379609088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=D5YOemHF6tQAX_GQs5K&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=7412b60c83aadbfed08c6823957781eb&oe=5EA842E7

91254748_2670312613188813_4627670911745523712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=n39rQS-IhrMAX-zwmyf&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=e0b2f759611462b5dec8bdff6ba91dae&oe=5EA9A552
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Seriously, I tried to throw y'all as many weird angles and nooks that I could. And then I got smacked in the face from all the awesomely beautiful builds! Everyone should be very proud! And thanks for participating and commenting! Keep up the great work you all do!
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    FORUM ID: jadeiam
    ORIGIN ID: jadeiam
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Georgia in the Springtime
    LOT COST: 3,440
    GALLERY COST: 100, 000
    TOTAL COST: 103, 440
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Georgia in the Springtime - Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Spring Designer Showdown time! This Georgian Beauty oozes elegance and sophistication, from the Great Room to the flowerful spring gardens. Built for this months Build and Share Challenge, it can be yours for the modest price of $103,440. Doesn't your Simling deserve some elegant new digs?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

HzPzwQX.png
    RaTOxAc.png
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Firstly, I'm a day late! Been very busy the last few weeks, hope it's alright :)

I'd also just like to say woah, the entries are all wonderful. I wish I had time to download each one and have a good peek, maybe when work settles down, but the pictures are just gorgeous. Love seeing how different the builds are!
    Stay safe everyone x
  • AntipastiAntipasti Posts: 13 New Member
    I hate to be that clueless newbie, but where will we be able to see the results once the judging is finished? :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Antipasti
    Bookmark this thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769880/s4-buildnshare-winners-circle#latest
    And be patient, sometimes the results take time, we are still waiting to hear from last month’s entries.
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    Everyone's entries are looking great and my hat definitely goes off to those who built a Victorian.
    I sent everyone a fave and left a comment on everyone's gallery page.
    edited April 2020
    The Build-n-Share Challenge #135 - Spring Designer Showdown ** Due 31st March ** is now closed!!!!!

Due to no one really being around and the late date, I am posting the next challenge. I cannot change it on the front page, so spread the word there is a new challenge please!

Build-n-Share Challenge #136 - **A Tiny Hangout **Due April 30th, 2020**

A Tiny Hangout

You are just tidying up your office when you hear the door close behind you. You turn to find a teen-aged boy slouching into the room. His hair is black, and his eyes are bright blue. He is about medium build, although it is hard to be sure since his clothes are so baggy.

"Hello," you say warmly. "How can I help you today?"

He looks at you blankly. You notice the wires coming out of his ears. He removes his ear buds, and you repeat yourself.

"Yeah, hey," he acknowledges you. "I am just starting college in the fall."

He pauses, so you congratulate him. Then you wonder why he is here, smacking the gum in his mouth and staring at you.

"Yeah. yeah," he finally continues after a very long moment. "My parents have given me a small plot of their estate to live on."

Again he pauses, but this time you merely wait on him.

"Right, so...I need a place to live," he says. "You know, on this land. But I don't know how to build, do I? So I've come to you to build it."

"Well, you have come to the right place, Mr?"

"Oh, right. Yeah. I am Guy Orange," he says, giving you a slight smile that looks suspiciously like a smirk.

"Well, Mr. Orange, let's start with some basics. How big is the lot we have to work with?" you ask politely.

"Yeah. It measures 20 by 15," his eyes never leave you. His staring is beginning to make you jittery.

Suddenly he blurts out, "Half of the lot needs to be a hangout space, maybe around a fire pit. For me and my mates."

"Okay," you say, hiding your shock with some quick note taking. "You will need a bathroom, a place to sleep, a place to eat... What else would you like?"

"Yeah, so... a place to study. And a place to play video games."

"That is very do-able. What is the budget?" you ask briskly.

Still staring and chomping on his gum, he answers, "They gave me $30,000. Yeah. I need this quick. They want me out of the house, like yesterday."

"I can have it for you by the end of the month," you assure him.

"Yeah. Get to it then," he says, putting his ear buds back into his ears and still staring at you. You nod as he gets up and slinks out of your office. As soon as the door closes, you pull out a small mirror and check your teeth for any food caught in them, wondering what he had been staring at.

The brief:

*due April 30, 2020

*the budget is $30,000, which does not include the cost of the lot.

*use a 20x15 lot.

*the house itself should be no bigger than half of the lot, placed at one end of the lot. You can build up and down in the same footprint.

*outside needs a fire pit and landscaping.

*have spaces for a kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom, a study, and a place to play video games.

The Sims Challenge:

*create Guy Orange and his family.

*show all their clothing choice and give skills, likes, etc.

*show them looking around Guy's new home.

The Room Challenge:
    *create the small kitchen.
    *the budget is $8,000
    edited April 2020
    I will keep an eye out on the post for several days, in case anyone has questions. But this will give everyone that needs it something to work on. :D We are doing the same one for the Sims 3 challenge, if anyone here is interested in doing it twice! I hope all our Build-n-Share folks are still well!!!
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    > CHALLENGE #136 A Tiny Hangout

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/34471FC377E411EA81653A0A7F8BC425?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS136&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 25,093
    LOT COST: /
    BUILD COST: 25,093

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/p8pRvPd

DETAILS: Guys Tiny home! It fits on the 32-tile category. I really wanted to build a tiny home for a long time, but I still really struggle with the Sims4 not allowing half floors. They are so important in small spaces! As a result, most of this is build for looks and not for total playability...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    ]XOpV1ku.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited April 2020
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #136 A Tiny Hangout

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: second time entering a family
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E6BDAC6177E611EA8D6F3A0A7F8BC425?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS136&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/tSOwxHY

ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to go by what was written about the sims in the challenge brief. Usually I don't design families, so any suggestions / ideas / feedback is very welcome

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE: /
    TUMBLR LINK: /

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NboxX1L.png
    MdOJQ4V.png
    @Talea12345 Nice! It looks so cool.

Sigh, I agree, we need ladders and half levels in this game.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    These are my first entries so I hope I'm doing them correctly. I went for all three challenges: build, sims, and room!

CHALLENGE #136 – A Tiny Hangout
    FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: (first entry)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Guy Orange's Bachelor Pad
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $28,209
    TOTAL COST: $29,709
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/136-a-tiny-hangout.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Rodrigo and Maria are ready for their son, Guy, to start flying on his own. They've set aside part of their estate for him to move into. Their decision was accelerated by the fact that Guy likes to party and his parents (who are admittedly a bit snobby) don't like having the "riff-raff" around.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    04-07-20-5-13-12-pm_orig.png
    04-07-20-5-13-06-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #136 – A Tiny Hangout (Family)

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/00597648793011EA80CBABC23C933B11
    ENTRY DETAILS: Three-member family, two parents and a teenage child who will be starting college soon. Parents are well-off and not afraid to spend their money on their son. Guy, however, is a pretty low-key person, preferring to simply hang out with his friends between study sessions. He isn't flashy or snobby like his parents, so it's probably a good thing he's getting his own space soon!
    orange-family_orig.jpg
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #136 – A Tiny Hangout (Kitchen)

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13F16C9D793111EA8740ABC23C933B11
    GALLERY COST: $7,815
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is Guy Orange's new bachelor kitchen. To learn more about his story and see his whole house, check them out in my gallery.
    kitchen_orig.jpg
    04-07-20-5-06-27-pm.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top