Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun - Is The Fun Need Fundamentally Broken?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    FengaxFengax Posts: 9 New Member
    There are definitely things that EA could've improved on the fun need, e.g adding personalized fun activities for sims with different traits/hobbies, but I don't think its fundamentally broken.

To me, at least, a fundamentally broken fun need would be something akin to a sim filling his fun need from watching people dying. Now that would be "fundamentally" broken.

I would describe the fun need as "needing improvement". Currently, its pretty good and there are already plenty of activities that can fill the fun need. If I ever need more, I would just get a mod.
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    This thread made me realize there's no aspiration reward to stop or slow the fun need decaying. It looks very odd a whole need gets excluded like that where it shouldn't. Those rewards are base game, even.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    @Ripleyrawr maybe since they put in the carefree reward trait they figured it was unnecessary to have a trait that prevents fun needs from decaying since carefree makes Sims unaffected by low fun need.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Beardedgeek

The autonomy to fill the fun need is broken.

No, not really, no.
    Oh, but it is broken and one of the many reasons the game requires mods to somewhat fix it. Try to play a game file in which you attempt to set up the game to be in the mid 1800's to very early 1900's.

Why? The game was never meant to support that kind of play. You trying to force the game to be something that it is not is NOT the fault of the game.

It's like complaining to Yamaha because their bikes are only using two wheels.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @Beardedgeek

No, not really, no.
    Oh, but it is broken and one of the many reasons the game requires mods to somewhat fix it. Try to play a game file in which you attempt to set up the game to be in the mid 1800's to very early 1900's.

Why? The game was never meant to support that kind of play. You trying to force the game to be something that it is not is NOT the fault of the game.

Other iterations of the same franchise allowed for that type of play with very little effort. The fact that Sims 4 is so reliant on tech/electronics for fun is very telling of how much the sandbox mode was taken away.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @Beardedgeek

No, not really, no.

The game is supposed to let you play how you want to play. That's the whole point. I can still play my Elizabethan sims in ts3 with no problems with electronics at all. With ts4 I can't do that because my sims are constantly on there phones. This iteration took away a lot of creator control from the simmer in a game that promotes "you rule".
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    @Beardedgeek

No, not really, no.

Other iterations of the same franchise allowed for that type of play with very little effort. The fact that Sims 4 is so reliant on tech/electronics for fun is very telling of how much the sandbox mode was taken away.

It's not new perse. TS3 Roaring Heights, which is supposed to take place in the 1920's had its sims use their phones way more often than other neighbourhoods. Incidentally, that was the only piece of electronics they had access to.