Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please don't make only University, give us schools too !!

2...Next

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    100%
    I want to be able to play as a Headmaster deciding on the School Name, Mascot, the School Colors, Favored Sporting event, maybe a Slogan mantra for the school.

Hiring, Professors, Coaches, and Chef, Secretary, Advisors, and Maintainers. and Professors and Coaches can choose their own Subjects, and customize their learning plan to their style of teaching. and Maybe if you're playing from the teachers perspective you can check a box if there is No homework or not, and choose between a Final Exam or a Final Project.

And then I would love playing from the student's perspective.

I think for Classes they ought to break up the different classes and majors, rather than group them under one subject
    Class just help teens learn skills. and perhaps pick up bonus traits.

Art (Painting, Photography, Sketching)

Physical Fitness - Sports and Working out properly.

History & Language (Writing, Reading, and Research, Learning cultures and archeology, if you have adventure packs)

Math & Science (Logic, Biology, Gardening, herbalism, Perhaps even cooking and mixology, Anatomy, collecting and Experimenting, with metals, stones, and fossils.

Theatrics - Music, Acting, Comedy

Critically thinking... If they make school an active career for both professors and students. For High school, the school day is 8am-2pm? 6 hours?

In real life we had 6 classes a day, but that could be too tedious.

If the student can design their own Schedule, for both college bound and High school students, and choose their own classes,
    maybe 4 Classes at the most per day. 1 Class at the least per day.

I would like A "Free Period" maybe as a Perk for Senior and Junior High School students.
    I just want teens to be able to socialize while or in between school work, so school doesn't feel like a goal oriented institution.

I would use groups from Get Together, to create those stereotypical cliques, and after school clubs too.
    really Hoping for Soccer, Basketball, Football, and Baseball as new Sport hobbies/Skills. I know Basketball was native to City Living but... I think they oughta make an exception here.

I've actually built a "High School" on a 64x64 Lot as a Library in Windenburg and I hope the Unannounced, but Leaked, "Discover University" (Expansion Pack) is sort of like or half the size of Windenburg, a Couple of 64x64 lots, maybe 4 - 50x50s and 8 - 40x40s. and the rest for a Shopping center and dorms. Greek Living and Apartments.

But yeah I want full authority over what my school looks like. letting the students shape what it becomes known for "A Party School," "IVY League School" etc.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    personally i would not want to play my sims kids at school because i have no fond memories of school and everything related to it annoys me

but id really like to have back the private schools for elementary and high school
    so i could send my kiddos to rabbit holes to skill for half their childhood and get parents some quality time

maybe homeschooling option where you could just teach your kiddos at home and they don't have to go anywhere
    and ability to hire your sims tutors that come couple days a week unless you cancel them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I've been asking for a while. Principal and Dean as the top career for teachers and not progress if Sims want to be teachers only. Preschool, daycare as a career, and at home babysitting. Freeing infants could be the patch. Sounds like a bunch, but most interactions would be the same for all teachers, just varied behaviors, varied consequences, varied subjects, and different seating. It would be nice to have a school district like the doctor profession had, but assessable to all sims. A district with daycare, preschool, elementary, highschool, college, and two dorm/apartment buildings. That would make the quota for the land plots we usually get. Focus more on education items instead of another couch ECT. We would only need space savers, Murphy bed, cheap couch bed, energy drinks from drink machine, bunk beds, new baby to toddler toys, some puzzle ECT for preschool and other items could be multi use such as boards used for all grades ect

I would love private schools. Forgot that one the last few times I have requested education instead of university with destructive behaviors and activities that stereotype college students. When I went to college, people were serious, wanted to work hard, and had important things to do with their time outside of college and that wasn't long ago. Those classes cost so much money that nearly all of the college students tried hard to do a good job.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Well now that University is out, we still need schools. Where's the active teacher career ? The one we have is a rabbit hole and it seems to be mostly a professor career. I've only played with young adult sims I just made, but it doesn't seem like there's a high school graduation either. Discover University is good, I like it, but it focuses on all the activities on campus except the school part itself since it's rabbit holes.. Even lectures are rabbit holes :(

Please EA, consider it. At least give us proper school buildings !! The university classes and elective system could possibly be adapted for kids and teens : obviously we can't choose what subject they will study, but maybe we could sign them up for after school activities/clubs.

I still want active classes, like GTW careers so we would have the option to follow our sims to school or not.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @nucleonide I remember that SimGuruGrant once said that they could expand the existing neighborhoods, around the time they released Sims 4. They never did that, but I always saw Magnolia Promenade as being part of Willow Creek, as the two are so similar. As well as New Crest (but i think the similarity is due to them being forced to rush a new world to stop the complaints).
    To be honest, I'd rather have them expand existing worlds than adding useless worlds like MP, which I never use. I think no one uses it, actually. I was hoping that at some point they would expand the worlds like they did in SIms 1 and that it would rejuvenate the game and add something new to something old, but they never did that. Maybe they jsut don't want to expend money developing new 2D maps everytime they add something new to an existing world.
    You know what I would love? If they added a remove/add worlds to save file. This way we could be responsible for our save file size, than they wouldn't have to "limit" themselves to creating really small worlds. I think that the last worlds that got me excited was Brindleton Bay (besides SV, which was big for a GP), and BB it was actually even smaller than the previous one. Than, if they added this option for us to manage the worlds we want to play at the same time, they could expand the worlds than came out too small like Del Smoll Valley and make it justice.
    But I doubt they would do something to please us at this point of time. Fortunatelly, Paralives is coming to save us from simulation apocalypse.
    I just don’t get why Magnolia Promenade wasn’t added to Willow Creek map as a new neighborhood rather than make it a different world.

Also as @nucleonide said, I’d like it if they could add school lots to the worlds.
    Karon wrote: »
    @nucleonide I remember that SimGuruGrant once said that they could expand the existing neighborhoods, around the time they released Sims 4. They never did that, but I always saw Magnolia Promenade as being part of Willow Creek, as the two are so similar. As well as New Crest (but i think the similarity is due to them being forced to rush a new world to stop the complaints).
    To be honest, I'd rather have them expand existing worlds than adding useless worlds like MP, which I never use. I think no one uses it, actually. I was hoping that at some point they would expand the worlds like they did in SIms 1 and that it would rejuvenate the game and add something new to something old, but they never did that. Maybe they jsut don't want to expend money developing new 2D maps everytime they add something new to an existing world.
    You know what I would love? If they added a remove/add worlds to save file. This way we could be responsible for our save file size, than they wouldn't have to "limit" themselves to creating really small worlds. I think that the last worlds that got me excited was Brindleton Bay (besides SV, which was big for a GP), and BB it was actually even smaller than the previous one. Than, if they added this option for us to manage the worlds we want to play at the same time, they could expand the worlds than came out too small like Del Smoll Valley and make it justice.
    But I doubt they would do something to please us at this point of time. Fortunatelly, Paralives is coming to save us from simulation apocalypse.

• MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    I was exactly disappointed with only having University.
    Me too. Though I like Discover University. But I still want a school overhaul and a school pack (could be a GP) with an active teacher career.
    Minai wrote: »
    I was exactly disappointed with only having University.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2020
    Packs are coming lacking a lot of depth imo.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I made Magnolia Promenade a campus with a high school and elementary school, library and art center. I know it's not going to work like if they had real schools, but you can fake it.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    i want preteens to come with a Go to School EP!
  • OmaroofShadyOmaroofShady Posts: 17 New Member
    Okay hear this, back in TS3, you could send kids to a boarding school, ofc you didn't see how it looked like, they only would come back on the holidays and whatnot.
    But let's make it like Uni, where you have the option to go there with them.
  • Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    MY IDEA: What do you think?

The Sims 4 SCHOOL PACK

I believe we should have different education options for our children (lol). Tuition should be paid at every level of life, being asked if we would like to keep our child (ren) enrolled in their current program.

1. Public Day School. - FREE - Nightly Homework (8:00am - 3pm)

2. Private/Religious Day School. - $3,000 per child (Tuition paid again when ageing up to teen) - Shorter school days 5 1/2HRS (8:15am-1:30pm) & daily skill requirements (Logic/charisma/cooking/piano etc.) & Intake process / Uniform.

3. Night School (Teens Only) - $500 (exam fee) - struggling/mischievous/low grade students ONLY (help boost grades quickly)/school shirt.

4. School House ( Off the Grid) - FREE - 4HR School days 10am-2pm, Homework & Skills (wellness, gardening, herbalism, flower arranging, fishing etc)/ new uniforms

5. Home School -$500 Enrollment fee per child (enrollment paid again when ageing up to teen) - Customized program.

6. Boarding School - $20,000 paid per sim.(Tuition paid again when ageing up to teen)
    6. Toddler Day Program (learn 2 skills max) - $ 1,000 per day, per toddler with the option of your child being to difficult to learn & money will be lost!. Your toddler should have to be well behaved (manners) and must be potty trained to enrolled. - toddlers can take the shorter bus an adult, teen or child must put them on in the morning at 7:30am until 12pm

We should have the option to donate to our child (ren) academics/school, having an influence on the child (ren) grades and personality (snob) as well, through the mail box is okay, or the computer. Also adding an option to "call the school" and " call teacher...check in on ..." & " call principle/headmaster.."bribe" or "invite over". & when they come over, the option to "write check" adding a pop up screen to customize an amount. With to much being offensive.

Seesin8 (CC)
    Oh yes I'd like that !! We don't even have a school building right now ;( I'd like to have a school lot (kinda like the hospital and police station in GTW) where I could follow my sims to school (if I want to, like active careers).
    Seesin8 wrote: »
    MY IDEA: What do you think?

The Sims 4 SCHOOL PACK

I believe we should have different education options for our children (lol). Tuition should be paid at every level of life, being asked if we would like to keep our child (ren) enrolled in their current program.

1. Public Day School. - FREE - Nightly Homework (8:00am - 3pm)

2. Private/Religious Day School. - $3,000 per child (Tuition paid again when ageing up to teen) - Shorter school days 5 1/2HRS (8:15am-1:30pm) & daily skill requirements (Logic/charisma/cooking/piano etc.) & Intake process / Uniform.

3. Night School (Teens Only) - $500 (exam fee) - struggling/mischievous/low grade students ONLY (help boost grades quickly)/school shirt.

4. School House ( Off the Grid) - FREE - 4HR School days 10am-2pm, Homework & Skills (wellness, gardening, herbalism, flower arranging, fishing etc)/ new uniforms

5. Home School -$500 Enrollment fee per child (enrollment paid again when ageing up to teen) - Customized program.

6. Boarding School - $20,000 paid per sim.(Tuition paid again when ageing up to teen)
    6. Toddler Day Program (learn 2 skills max) - $ 1,000 per day, per toddler with the option of your child being to difficult to learn & money will be lost!. Your toddler should have to be well behaved (manners) and must be potty trained to enrolled. - toddlers can take the shorter bus an adult, teen or child must put them on in the morning at 7:30am until 12pm

We should have the option to donate to our child (ren) academics/school, having an influence on the child (ren) grades and personality (snob) as well, through the mail box is okay, or the computer. Also adding an option to "call the school" and " call teacher...check in on ..." & " call principle/headmaster.."bribe" or "invite over". & when they come over, the option to "write check" adding a pop up screen to customize an amount. With to much being offensive.

Seesin8 (CC)

• Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > Oh yes I'd like that !! We don't even have a school building right now ;( I'd like to have a school lot (kinda like the hospital and police station in GTW) where I could follow my sims to school (if I want to, like active careers).
    > (Quote)

I thought about that but I decided that home school is the option for parents who want to be active in the childs education. I figured School House is the opportunity to follow the sim. I concluded I don't care to follow my child to school, thats what college is for. I appreciate the option to do college from home. Works with my type of game play.

Seesin8 (CC)
    Well kids and teens still don’t have a proper school.....We need schools.
    Remember the survey we took where they were asking about snow activities ? Well it’s in the next EP. So maybe they’re working on a High School related EP/GP since there were questions about that too ?
    Active School also would be great.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    i want preteens to come with a Go to School EP!

Yes please exactly this as well.
    Kids and teens spent more time at school then at home so we should have a school pack I don't care if it's a rabbit hole I just want a pack for it. And with this upcoming pack you see an outfit like school uniform if you look closely but don't read to much into it might be something or might not since they don't do hints for future packs.
    I think they just added school uniforms because the EP is set in Japan, and they wear school uniforms there.

But, remember the survey in January ? (I think it was January ?)
    There were questions about a snow activities and we’re getting them. There were questions about sims and feelings, we’re getting lifestyle and sentiments.
    So I’m thinking maybe they’re also working on “American High School”, there were questions about that in the survey. I hope so.

Now kids also need a school.

Ideally I’d like active schools/High schools (you’d get the option to join your sim if you want to, like active careers).

Right now they don’t even have a proper school building !!
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Kids and teens spent more time at school then at home so we should have a school pack I don't care if it's a rabbit hole I just want a pack for it. And with this upcoming pack you see an outfit like school uniform if you look closely but don't read to much into it might be something or might not since they don't do hints for future packs.

Dianesims wrote: »
    I think they just added school uniforms because the EP is set in Japan, and they wear school uniforms there.

But, remember the survey in January ? (I think it was January ?)
    There were questions about a snow activities and we’re getting them. There were questions about sims and feelings, we’re getting lifestyle and sentiments.
    So I’m thinking maybe they’re also working on “American High School”, there were questions about that in the survey. I hope so.

Now kids also need a school.

Ideally I’d like active schools/High schools (you’d get the option to join your sim if you want to, like active careers).

Right now they don’t even have a proper school building !!

I would also liked that option to join kids at school like GTW but given GTW's history with how buggy it was with all 3 careers. That's why I wouldn't mind a rabbit hole school I mean the school is already a rabbit hole in the game might as well add activities to it like working on a certain skill for a certain degree in university teens take a trip to the university to see which one they would like. Kids go on field trip to rabbit holes and places you can go. Also the prom shouldn't be a rabbit hole that can play out like a party with games, dances, and votes especially if you nominated your sim at the end it's determined whose prom king and queen.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So you just want a school pack but you don't care if its a rabbit hole which we have had since base game this is making no sense to me. Give me actives classes science gym school plays and sports and cheerleading dances and graduations school cliques and getting in trouble with the principle. I also want a create a classroom tool where I pick teacher and the students I don't want new random townies each time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i love playing kids. but of all the school features i miss i think boarding school was cool. if my sim kid got bad grades i eould send them i liked the little pop ups that went with it.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So you just want a school pack but you don't care if its a rabbit hole which we have had since base game this is making no sense to me. Give me actives classes science gym school plays and sports and cheerleading dances and graduations school cliques and getting in trouble with the principle. I also want a create a classroom tool where I pick teacher and the students I don't want new random townies each time.

I'm saying I really wouldn't care if it's like GTW or even a rabbit hole but because of the so many different bugs GTW had l'm leaning more towards rabbit hole but with more activities or after school activities like to build a skill you need for the class basically how uni is they go to a rabbit hole building come out with work to do. The teens however will work on building skills let's say they have an home economic class they have to go home bake or make something label it as homework and then bring to school and they either pass or fail depending how good or bad it looks like how we had the food judging in Sims 2. Also if teens wants to prank a teacher they dislike get them sick for awhile there's an option to sabotage. Kids can go on field trips trips to places like the Bridleton Bay museum, and other places.
  • trinutellatrinutella Posts: 5 New Member
    @Dianesims, I totally agree with this. Education is one of the most essential things in life and to increase the realism (which I'm pretty sure is the reason the game developers created the game in the first place), following our kids to school, having an actual building, extracurriculars and the school bus is NEEDED. I feel like kids are so useless in my game!