Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the mods you find essential?

13...Next

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    So if you want the moon, but not the zombies, then no, there's no way to disable them.If you don't mind giving up the full moon, then yes you can get rid of the annoying zombies that way.

There are several mods that do away with zombies at full moon. That way you can keep all the moon phases and not have zombies.

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

The mods I can't do without are many of the NRaas mods.

These are most of the NRaas mods I use:
    Tagger
    MasterController and many of its sub-mods
    Traveler
    Register
    Overwatch
    StoryProgression and many of its sub-mods
    Tempest
    Relativity
    and a few that can not be mentioned here.

I also have other mods, some I can do without and some I wouldn't play without. Here is a screen capture of many of my other general mods (doesn't include lighting mods or some others):
    GiqTsZ2.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    So if you want the moon, but not the zombies, then no, there's no way to disable them.If you don't mind giving up the full moon, then yes you can get rid of the annoying zombies that way.

There are several mods that do away with zombies at full moon. That way you can keep all the moon phases and not have zombies.

Really? I need it lol I hate the zombies
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have a bunch I consider essential when I play sims 3. I almost don't know how to play the game without them. I also don't have supernatural, showtime or into the future so I don't have to manage things like zombies and so forth.
    Story Progression + Population
    Master Controller + Cheats
    Relativity
    Register
    Overwatch
    Errortrap
    Debugenabler
    Traffic
    Traveler
    Cupcake

Most of them I use just to tinker with general gameplay, like being able to determine who takes whos last name when a couple gets married. I didn't care about having teen pregnancy or IVF options so I didn't add on some of the other story progression modules but I know my sister used them. For me it wasn't about adding more game play but smoothing out and refining on what was there/what fits with whats there. Like using cupcake to restock my bakery (not player owned) it fit with the gameplay already there, it was just refining it in my opinion. I also find it got too complicated having some of the story progression modules added, I am quite happy with the general gameplay of sims, I don't have to micro manage so much lol.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Aside from the nraas mods, I think my favorite one is the toddler sleeping mats (modthesims.info/d/593159/napping-mat.html). One of my biggest pet peeves in the game is when adults pick the toddler up from her crib when her energy bar is like half full, and then she won't fall asleep again until it's almost empty. With these mats, the toddler can put herself to bed, and adults aren't able to grab her. I use them with all my toddlers.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone knows the mod for placing the university in your home world? I had it, then unistalled it and now i can't remember where i download it from...?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    Does anyone knows the mod for placing the university in your home world? I had it, then unistalled it and now i can't remember where i download it from...?
    The NRaas Careers mod is required to make those work. The rest of it though becomes partly a Do It Yourself project and partly a matter of assembling the parts or lots required from those who have designed them.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Careers-FAQ#How-do-I-set-up-a-Homeworld-University
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    Must have mods for me are NRaas Master Controller, DebugEnabler and Overwatch. Aside from those, I simply can't play without the No Bad Photos mod since it's so annoying that nearly every photo a sim with low photography level takes turns out badly. I like my sims to take pictures when they're traveling, and I want these photos to turn out good so I can hang them on the walls later on.

Edit: How could I have forgotten NRaas Traveler? I spend so much time sending my sims to other homeworlds I stopped counting lol
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    I have very, very many mods packed into my mods folder that I find to be essential, at least for me, but If I had to be all about the true essentials I'd have to say that almost everything that comes from NRaas has made my simming life so, so much easier. The stuff that TheSweetToddler makes comes at a very close second.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited March 2020
    Essential are: Error Trap, Overwatch, Traveler, and Story Progression. I recently found an auto-collect mod that has your sim collect anything they need without the Collection Helper reward. You just click on them and pick auto-collect rocks or whatever and off they go. That is a new essential one for me! You can find it here. I've been using it for about a month now and sometimes, the auto collect option will disappear but out of I'd say 15 gameplays it only went out on me twice and I had to restart my game. Other essentials are no green hair mod ( here ) and the extra slots for skins ( here ). I use other mods but don't always use them when I play :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @StephSteb im with my eyes on the collection helper for some time now but couldn't remember where i saw it. Thank you! I think this one will get used a lot in my saves :)
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Awesomemod. Without it, I wouldn't play this game.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    NRAAS! I love how I can play TS3 with NRAAS alone.
    With TS4, I have gameplay mods for nearly every little thing -- and even more for CAS content... In my eyes, TS3 has performance issues; TS4 has game play issues. (:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Does anyone know if there's a mod to stop sims from doing laundry autonomously? I love the laundry system, but my sims are constantly obsessed with doing laundry even if the baskets aren't full.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Does anyone know if there's a mod to stop sims from doing laundry autonomously? I love the laundry system, but my sims are constantly obsessed with doing laundry even if the baskets aren't full.

I would think you could adjust that with Retuner mod - https://www.nraas.net/community/Retuner
  • VromberVromber Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone!

Mines are:

Consigner: to be able to sell things I couldn't before, and to fix issues with consigment lots in general.
    Decensor: to erase these nonsensical cubic horrors, and because i hate censorship in general.
    Dresser: to take care of townies outfits, accessories, etc...
    Dreamer: because i missed so many wishes in the past by being unable to lock them (as i tend to play a lot in the fastest speed in the beginning)
    Error Trap: for obvious reasons...
    GoHere: to take care of sim movements, and enhanced door options...
    Hybrid: because I feel so crippled playing only one occult life state...
    Master Controller: I tend to be a little mitigated with this one... Use only for its fixing options and avoiding the cheaty aspects...
    Overwatch: for obvious reasons...
    Register: to take care of assignements...
    Relationship Panel: to enhance the relationship panel...
    Retuner: to disable alien abductions, and zombies alike...
    Saver: to remind me to save...
    Tempest: to adjust for a more plausible weather...
    Traffic: to reduce it...
    Traveler: for the fixing issues, and the ability to go to every worlds installed...
    Woohooer: for romantic options are better handled...

That's it...
  • noisygirlkknoisygirlkk Posts: 5 New Member
    From where do i get these mods?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    From where do i get these mods?

@noisygirlkk, they can be find here... :) Of course they are for The Sims 3 game since I can't see anywhere on your posting history if you are a Sims 3 or Sims 4 player. I only saw the very old thread about Sims 3 pets that you commented in earlier but it still doesn't say if you're a TS3 player... :)
    https://www.nraas.net/community/home
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not sure if this counts or not but I just made a mod not to long ago that fixes the issue of puppies and kittens being born with the generic dog/cat body and I find it to be absolutely essential to my gameplay. So, go me, I guess. :p
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.