Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Things Just Aren't Right

Okay so for starters, this is just what I've noticed so far ...

My sim has the "Neat" trait yet when I put them on a "cleaning frenzy" they don't mop. Doesn't make sense.

I also don't understand why Live streaming a game doesn't increase social? It should don't ya think?

Also why isn't writing or chatting on the computer fun? If your sim wants to be a writer shouldn't they enjoy it? If my sim is acting like she's getting her best life chatting with someone on the computer, shouldn't her fun be going up?

When my sim goes to class, shouldn't the time speed up just like if they're going to work? It doesn't.

Also why don't we have pool tables by now??

Okay I'll end my rant. I absolutely love Sims but it's irritating when things just don't add up. This is just a few things I've noticed so far.
sims4forumsmaller.gif

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    They did not think these details through at all. I feel they scrapped everything, started all over and totally left out 90% of what actually made The Sims other than a few virtual characters with a job and incomplete families (mind that we did NOT have toddlers for years).

If they ever want to have a succesful Sims game for their community (and not just for themselves), they would copy The Sims 2, add some great aspects from The Sims 3 and 4 in it and just grow from there. There is no other way.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    A lot of the traits don't do a whole lot that makes sense for the trait. Vegetarians eating meat leftovers, writers don't have fun writing, creative sims don't have any more fun painting or playing an instrument that any other sim.

They seem to have started off with great ideas but then failed on the follow through. Additions of packs broke some things too. Also some packs just aren't cross compatible which sort of proves there's very little attention to detail this iteration (eg. Tiny Living TV/Stereo/Bookcase combo doesn't work with New Year's countdown with seasons).

I love the sims too and it's very disappointing to see the quality slipping this time around.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    My sim has the "Neat" trait yet when I put them on a "cleaning frenzy" they don't mop. Doesn't make sense.

How do you 'put' a neat sim on a cleaning frenzy? Mine just do it on their own. Also they will mop without me telling them to, even the puddles outside. :D

"Just moppin' the puddle the sprinkler made here..."
    UsBJQGG.png

Also why don't we have pool tables by now??

Yes! Also more instruments would be fun, like drums (percussion), trumpets, tuba (brass), Clarinet and SAXOPHONE! (wind). :grin:

@HappyPhantom Cheers.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Writing isn't especially fun even for writers. It can actually be extremely frustrating, stressful and difficult even for professionals.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There's a lot of things that aren't right in the Sims 4. You just have to pretend to be ignorant to it all like it's all perfect and nothing is weird. :D