Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't earn fame points

SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
Heya everybody :)

I noticed a problem in one of my households. About a month ago I played one sim and managed to get her to level 3 celebrity. I stopped playing her and was busy in other households but totday I wanted to play her and make her at least level 4 celebrity but no matter what I do, the fame won't go higer, it's stuck right before the 4th star. Like in the picture I posted, it's like this since I started to play her today.

8rcK6jz.png

I already published 5 singles and earned 4k simoleons while doing the DJ thing, but the fame doesn't go up. The green +fame star will not appear, only if I pose for paparazzi, not by dancing, DJing or updating social media.
Am I doing something wrong?
The sister of her got 5 star celeb in 2 RL days as actress, so I am very confused and need help, please.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    How often are you having this sim do activities that build fame? Outside of the actor career, it can take a while. Fame was not designed to be easily earned.

When you say the +fame star doesn't appear, do you mean that there are no interactions with that symbol? Do you have pictures to show what you're seeing?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    It's very hard to see. At least on my computer, I feel like it makes jumps. It'll look like it's in the same place for a while then after gaining fame for a while, I'll get an alert that my Sim gained a star.

As a heads-up, if you use the cheat to freeze fame, it will freeze it both ways. You can't lose it or gain it. I like the idea of freezing it while my Sims go on a vacation or whatnot, but don't do what I did and forget to unfreeze it when you're ready to gain again. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses @floridameerkat and @katrinasforest 💕

The activities show the + fame but if my sim poses for the paparazzi, a green star appears beside her head, so I know fame gain is going on. I thought it will happen with all activities that provide fame but that seems not to be the case.
    Anyways, I really did notice the fame bar jumps here too. I played her a lot today and let her play the DJ in a club for another sim day or so and finally it worked! So floridameerkat is right, it takes a lot longer when not acting.
    So I guess I was just too impatient 😅
    Thank you katrinasforest for the tip with the fame freezing cheat, I guess I will use it, so she does not drop down at least.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Thank you for the responses @floridameerkat and @katrinasforest 💕

The activities show the + fame but if my sim poses for the paparazzi, a green star appears beside her head, so I know fame gain is going on. I thought it will happen with all activities that provide fame but that seems not to be the case.
    Anyways, I really did notice the fame bar jumps here too. I played her a lot today and let her play the DJ in a club for another sim day or so and finally it worked! So floridameerkat is right, it takes a lot longer when not acting.
    So I guess I was just too impatient 😅
    Thank you katrinasforest for the tip with the fame freezing cheat, I guess I will use it, so she does not drop down at least.

Make sure that your Sim performs the Fame + interactions in front of other Sims! Essentially, an audience, of sorts, is required. Try using the drone to stream, too. I thought that the mod I had installed was interfering with GF because my Sims' first star took all of 20 minutes Real Time to achieve. The second, third and fourth stars seemed to take forever, though. I do know I can get pretty impatient, too, which doesn't help. I have a singer Sim who is now a Global Superstar, but it took seemingly forever. (Overnight successes are never 'overnight'.) He started his rise to fame as a teen and achieved the top position just after he became a YA. I do play on Long, but he was a teen prior to GF being released, and I hadn't played that game save in quite some time. I aged him up (because I age my Sims up when I feel it's time, when I'm playing on Long) so we're not talking about that many Sims' days. It just felt like it. ;)

Good luck and keep plugging away at it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2019
    @GalacticGal Yep, it does take a while, for sure. I really focused on getting my soon-to-be infamous Sims to just under level 2 in their childhoods. So now they're a little past level 2 in their teenage years with maxed out skills in violin to boot. They had to use all their vacation days and I even switched Love Day to be a day off just so they could work on building their fame up. (I do have a school building in my game, so usually on supposed days off, they went there to build their fame. Kind of a slapped-together active school career.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Guys, even though the rep bar don't have a bigger counterpart if you want to know more precisely where you are at click the fame button and it will magnify the fame bar, Dark Green Fame, is how munch fame you have that won't deteriate for a while, the lighter green and yellow represents the fame that can decay first. I do not know if the Dark Green one is locked fame that don't decay. Also another thing I noticed is if you have a sim that your job requires a lot of skills unlock the noticeable fame perk, this will add the green +fame option to both your careers daily tasks and the skills people have taken noticed in. Also remember famous people must show the talent in the public for it to count.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    @Sid1701D9 thank you! I did not know
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    So @Simsandra, did you ever gain your celebrity star? I have a Sim in similar position. Keeps doing a lot of fame earning activities in front of folks, releasing tracks, performing songs, etc, but seems stuck right before the 3 star the way yours seemed stuck right before the 4 star. I'm curious if it really was an issue, if you fixed it, or if it was just a case of needing to keep on going earning fame. ? Thanks!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Thanks @Sid1701D9 I didn't realize there were different colors on that bar. You can never lose more than two levels of fame, according to the lesson on the Fame System (Options Menu/Lessons/Get Famous/Fame System), so you're probably right that the darker green is locked.

Be sure to use your perks. The PR Agency can boost fame with either a Good Story or a Bad Story, even if there's no one around. Getting invited to another celebrity's party could also help. Fans can boost your fame if you've chosen the Fan Favorite perk. You can ask them to hype anyone in your household, including yourself (Celebrity/Ask to Hype). This is an easy way to build fame if your Sim has lots of friends.
  • Options
    @zensluv sorry for my late response, I havent been online in the forums the last few days 😅

I did nothing special. I just did her "normal" activities, in her case it was dj-ing and singing, oh and producing music and eventually I reached the next star, but it took me hours. To gain fame without acting really takes a lot of time and patience.
    But what I noticed with some other sims, for example my painter; the fame decay is faster that gaining fame with just painting one or two pictures a day. He has to paint A LOT! and sell the pictures to gain fame.
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Simsandra - thank you! You were right. I did as you did, and eventually I got him there, as well as another one seemingly stuck in star 3 - she is famous through mean interactions and live-streaming her mayhem. She is ruthless, lol! It took a LOT of work but she did eventually earn that next star level. It sure takes dedication and hard work to live in infamy! ;)
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @GalacticGal Yep, it does take a while, for sure. I really focused on getting my soon-to-be infamous Sims to just under level 2 in their childhoods. So now they're a little past level 2 in their teenage years with maxed out skills in violin to boot. They had to use all their vacation days and I even switched Love Day to be a day off just so they could work on building their fame up. (I do have a school building in my game, so usually on supposed days off, they went there to build their fame. Kind of a slapped-together active school career.)

I should let you know, too, that when I re-started this same family in a brand new game save, the teen managed to become a Global Superstar before I aged him up.

I have since restarted them again in another brand new game save using KS Showtime mod, plus Road to Fame (and a few other mods) and using Showtime, the stars were easier to attain than just using GF and RTF. I'm having a blast in this game save, since the last one, my celebrity was unable to attend photoshoots (RTF) to grace magazine covers, and couldn't hold a concert as a teen. He's just now in his second term at uni.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/