Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Language change

I was wondering is there an easy way to change the game's language from English to German.

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think it depends on where you bought the game.
    There should be a thread or two on these forums about it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Because The Sims 4 requires Origin, it's easy.
    Open your Origin application, go into My Games library and click on The Sims 4. Click on the gear button to open a drop-down menu (which should also come when you right-click on a game in My Games library) and in there choose "Game Properties". Click on "Advanced Launch Options" and there should be an option to change the game's language.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Open your Origin application, go into My Games library and click on The Sims 4. Click on the gear button to open a drop-down menu (which should also come when you right-click on a game in My Games library) and in there choose "Game Properties". Click on "Advanced Launch Options" and there should be an option to change the game's language.

I tried that before making this thread. I only see English there :/
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I tried that before making this thread. I only see English there :/

Interesting...
    Then I can do nothing more that quote the previous response.
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I think it depends on where you bought the game.
    There should be a thread or two on these forums about it.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2020
    Wait isn't this supposed to be selected when you setup the install?
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Wait isn't this supposed to be selected when you setup the install?

I think so. I just wanted to practice my German, but apparently it's not going to happen :/ I read somewhere about different versions for different regions. Maybe mine is only set to English.
    I tried with uninstalling, setting Origin to German and installing the game again. Again, only English :):):):) I find this insanely stupid.
    edited March 2020
    No this is when you setup the game instal that it should occur. They ask you to select your language. My origin client is in french, but I play the sims in english.
    No this is when you setup the game instal that it should occur. They ask you to select your language. My origin client is in french, but I play the sims in english.

Yes. There is only English.
    Really now? I have many choices personally, this is peculliar.
    Really now? I have many choices personally, this is peculliar.

My base game is a physical copy and I think it's imported from UK. I still don't understand why they locked UK to only English :|
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    That's odd. I have many choices also.

6DSCShY.png

Perhaps you should contact Origin's support help?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Hmmm interesting. I was unaware it was a physical copy. And so you confirm that upon install, they never ask you to select your langage? If they don't ask you so, I'm affraid I can't find anything of help, unfortunately.
    Hmmm interesting. I was unaware it was a physical copy. And so you confirm that upon install, they never ask you to select your langage? If they don't ask you so, I'm affraid I can't find anything of help, unfortunately.

No worries. Thank you anyway.