Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story maker pack

Hi all I just got strangerville and I am having a blast. Didn’t expect to like this due to its linear story nature but turns out to be one of the more fun packs! It got me thinking wouldn’t it be cool to have a “story maker” expansion pack which allows us to make our own stories and share them with the community ? Effectively an expansion pack which lets us to make game pack like strangerville. Then we will have unlimited stories to play !what do you think ? Would you like such a pack ?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    There are no words for how much I would be all over this. I would not wait for a sale, I would figure out a way to purchase it upon release if my mad money was too low/out. The Origin Servers would squeal with how fast I'd buy this.

I mean, this should theoretically be possible via modding already (I've seen ones that add new interactions and new dialog cues, and new aspirations are already a thing) but having a more streamlined "official" way to do it would be pretty awesome. And it would be available for Console Players.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'd love a pack like that! Being able to make gameplay scenarios for other players to make their way through sounds like a lot of fun. Then again, I may be a little biased because I'm both a writer and am currently making a full JRPG in RPG Maker MV...But, just imagine the possibilities! The tales we could tell, the puzzles and dungeons we could design, the incredible boss encounters that we could engineer!

These scenarios could come with NPC sims we make to serve as enemies or informants, multiple locations and bosses...Oh, this pack would definitely have to come with a world creation tool too, so we can make worlds and neighborhoods to fit the needs of the story. And, of course, they could possibly borrow from the Spore creature creation system so that we could create our own boss monsters! EA/Maxis owns the tech. If they could integrate it into TS4's engine, that would be just...awesome...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    World creation tool would indeed be cool. Omg spore creature creator too ! I would be happy to just have a scenario creation. :) for me at least this hypothetical pack would make sims 4 the best sims ever !

I would preorder a pack like this. I have not preordered any sims pack since Sims 3 world adventures (which upon launch broke your save file and since then i stopped preordering sims packs).
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Sounds interesting, but, I think it would be nicer if it's given in a patch like the CAS story. I, myself enjoy playing RPG games, so, count me in if there's any pack that could give me multiple ending in any given scenario. Talking about spore, it would be interesting if there's come a day, where we could have a pack which related to time travel or Aliens where we could have potentially having them as a pet. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I would be cool to have an expansion that has various different stories, worlds and challenges for sims. I mean we had games like that in the past but they were separate.

The pack can also give us video cameras so that we can film and our sims can watch or have memories they can think back on, new traits, whims (they have been lacking for awhile and need some new ones) and aspirations. Each world can have a different setting and be similar to Realm of Magic in that way (maybe you can't live in them but you can travel and stay there for awhile to do new things). They can bring some new things like imaginary friends back for child sims and once they are teens they can either turn them into a real sim or forget about them (depending on which can affect the sim in different ways such as their creativity skill or mood).

I just wished all sims can enter the hospital in Get to Work any time or something as it could be great for stories as well.

They can also expand on CAS stories.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Would love this! As a writer and module maker for the original Neverwinter Nights I can see limitless possibilities for such a thing. A question I have is would even an expansion pack be enough? When Bioware released said game they also released the same developers' tool set they used to make the game as part of the package. There were also ample resources on how to use it. Bioware flat out told us to use the toolset to go into the game to see how they put it together so we could learn to do what thaey did. The results were nothing short of phenominal. This leads to more questions: is 'The Sims' produced in that manner? Even if it is, would EA be willing to release such tools into the hands of simmers? Thils is power, the power for every simmer to be able to make the game into what they want it to be, not just new add-on modules, but getting into the core of the whole thing. In effect, Bioware made all the players members of the development team and often incorporated player made content into later revisions. Would EA do the same for us?
  • WilesireWilesire Posts: 4 New Member
    This is good for story nature
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Would love this! As a writer and module maker for the original Neverwinter Nights I can see limitless possibilities for such a thing. A question I have is would even an expansion pack be enough? When Bioware released said game they also released the same developers' tool set they used to make the game as part of the package. There were also ample resources on how to use it. Bioware flat out told us to use the toolset to go into the game to see how they put it together so we could learn to do what thaey did. The results were nothing short of phenominal. This leads to more questions: is 'The Sims' produced in that manner? Even if it is, would EA be willing to release such tools into the hands of simmers? Thils is power, the power for every simmer to be able to make the game into what they want it to be, not just new add-on modules, but getting into the core of the whole thing. In effect, Bioware made all the players members of the development team and often incorporated player made content into later revisions. Would EA do the same for us?

That would be awesome ! But it might be too complex for average simmers to use perhaps ? I am thinking some packs give us such freedom to customise things so easily and freely like the club system and calendar system. I wonder a simple to use customisable story system can be implemented within the scope of an expansion pack.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It depends on how it is handled. In Bioware's case there was a printd manual with both instructions and tutorials walking you through the various elements. Experienced players/modders joined in so there was a lot of hand holding for those who needed it. one possible way is for a pack that provides story making basics to introduce players to this as well as being a 'trial run'. If it is successful added levels could be provided later. The main thing is to give us more/better than what we have now, including options such as this.