Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

echo modern mini show home WIP scraped

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
edited March 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
WIP

what do you think of the house so far please simmers?

FAGbizV.png

TdGrWYF.png
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by marcel21 on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2020
    thank you. Think I might scrap this current lot and thread.as the thread does not seem to getting any interest whatsoever I appreciate you taking a moment to comment on the wip progress.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I think the black and red is very bold and striking -- very attractive -- and the fountain/moat you have going around does a lot to soften the hard edge the house would have on the landscape. I can see that there's some sort of a texture on the black where the red is smooth, and I like that contrast. The orderly rows of cubic hedges are also very attractive. You've built up a sort of planter for the palm tree in front, and I assume you're going to do the same for the palm tree(s) in the back, as right now it looks as if one of them is growing directly out of the concrete.

I'm curious to know what the floor plan is like. I know that the game doesn't allow fountains under roofs, so the water element on the second storey there must be a swimming pool, which means you've got a pretty narrow ring space on the floor underneath. Wide enough on the one side for a bathroom, I guess, but I can't tell what you've actually decided to do with it.

I would consider getting a different chimney and placing it to the side rather than in the middle of the roof. The current one looks a bit too big for the build, and maybe a bit too old-fashioned as well. If you don't mind cutting the moat in two, you could build a vertical element down the left side of the house to simulate a chimney -- I don't know if you prefer the broad, modernist expanse of smooth wall or if you prefer a bit of variation; that's a matter of taste.

If you have the Get Together pack, consider the modernist mailbox from there, the one that looks like a sleek rectangular slab. I think it would suit your build very well.

All in all, a very cool build. All of my own modern builds end up being stark white with black trim, so I'm impressed.