Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin servers down - Can't load list of games

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited March 2020
    Takissis wrote: »
    Yeah, that's my problem. I reinstalled Origin, so it has no idea that I have Sims 4 to launch it. I did manage to get it to try to load, but it tells me I need to buy the game.

Me tooo! But I just cleared the cache, because that was the suggestion for games gone missing, and now it says I have activate my game ugh, I hope it gets fixed soon this is really unfortunate, I can't launch it no matter what I try, offline, I tried the path trick for the exe, shortcut, nothing works.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    all that gave me is list of cc and tray and other stuff one last try to log in to Origin and i'm done ty for help
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    join the club lol EA says on twitter stay home and play during the crisis wish I could
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm trying the create a shortcut, thanks for the tip, btw. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    Hey, from another forum I've found that if you have your Origin on your taskbar then click right and you will see the last games played like the Sims 4. It worked for me <3
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    No, not just you.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    me too since 6pm est 947 PM now
  • Options
    not me I had to restart my computer it cleared the cashe
  • Options
    TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    edited March 2020
    OMG
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Loucifer wrote: »
    looked there no exe file no way to open without Origin that I can see

In your windows explorer use the search function and search for ts4 on your pc. It might take a few minutes and it may find more files named TS4, but look for the file type Application. There should be two such files, one is 64 bit and the other one if for legacy edition and is for 32bit windows.

This actually worked. I've been unable to connect for 7 hours! Thank you!. I have been looking for Sims 4 all day. It never occurred to me to look for TS4. You are awesome. Hell, I sat in queue with EA Help Chat for hours, and they just told me to wait for updates. Never even told me to try this.
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I was able to open Sims 4 without going through Origin. Double clicked it directly from my taskbar and it loaded fine.
  • Options
    Orgin is back up now that i found the exe file figures
  • Options
    They are back up 10:23 est
  • Options
    they are back up 10:32 est
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Not here, still have a blank screen. Thanks to whoever for the tip about going through program files x86...just had a devil of a time finding the silly C drive in Windows 10. :p Sent Sims 4 to desktop and started it from there.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Lost every single game I own. AND am sitting through Windows updates, and origin failed updates. Still.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    I waited a few hours till it gets fixed and at 8am Greek time everything is working normally :)
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Is Origin still down?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Is Origin still down?

Working fine for me now. Though I wasn't on earlier when it was apparently down.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    You can still force ts4 to open if you have a shortcut or something.

Actually, you don't need the shortcut. I misread the instructions in the other thread and right-clicked on my Origin icon in my tray, and had the option to run the Sims from that menu. It did work.
    I just want things to match. :'(