Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Sims 5 in The Cloud in the future? Cloud gaming coming- official.

13...Next

Comments

• SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited March 2020
    It's kinda interesting that they're considering this, when you take into account that Sims Online (later known as EA Land) went bust. My opinion is that I'd prefer not to pay for an only online game - I feel like I'd be paying for nothing. That's just me, though.
    banner.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    It's kinda interesting that they're considering this, when you take into account that Sims Online (later known as EA Land) went bust. My opinion is that I'd prefer not to pay for an only online game - I feel like I'd be paying for nothing. That's just me, though.

Yes, but TS4 is just a DLC and if they ever take it down no one will be playing it. Only the few who got the base game on a disc and didn't use Origin to download it and or some other company where they downloaded it. The thing is people still play TS1, TS2 and TS3, and the only real saving grace is they can still play those from discs if they do a bunch of workarounds for Windows 10. It didn't matter EA has stopped offering them (TS1 and TS2) and someday they will stop offering TS3 and TS4. Not anytime soon, but think about it, it's been twenty years and people still play TS1...if they are going to play TS4 for twenty years, they won't be able to do that. I doubt EA will be offering TS4 in the year 2034, and Simmers like a long shelf life of a game, or they wouldn't still be playing 1 and 2. They are still playing them today, so I doubt we see TS4 server up that long. Long story short, some have already paid for nothing once that server is no longer up. (There are a few old games I got by DLC and those companies no longer offer them and so I can no longer play them). The same will happen to TS4 so we have already paid for nothing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    Subscribe to Origin Access may be required like Apple Music you don't own the content.

If you leave you can't play.
  • DylanJ10000DylanJ10000 Posts: 22 Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > @Simanite it means you don’t own a physical copy of the game, and you don’t download a digital copy either. You create an account and play and store your games from a remote server.

So it's very similar to how Origin is, no? Obviously, you have to download games from Origin, but it seems to be very similar to it, otherwise (At least to me).
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    To me its just another way for EA to check up on everything you do on the internet , They already try to find out what games you play and when , Thats the reason they say add your games to origin , so they can see what else you play and for how long and how much you spend on games ,

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    To me its just another way for EA to check up on everything you do on the internet , They already try to find out what games you play and when , Thats the reason they say add your games to origin , so they can see what else you play and for how long and how much you spend on games ,

All those cloud saves and memberships would be a way for EA to make more money by sharing all your info to advertisers they call their third party partners...we will again be their cash cow instead of the game being a cash cow. Much like how FB membership and Google Mail do it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.