Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @PinkWorld Thank you for the welcome! Good luck with the challenge, you're much farther along than I am even still on House 01. So far it's going great with Ella. When I logged out early this morning, she'd earned enough to finally build a house so I'll be doing that when I get back to my game in a bit.

She also met a certain Sim known for his questionable romantic ways. lol Might get them together anyway, we'll see. Plenty of other fish/Sims in the sea though. Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll check it out! :)

@Karise Thanks, I hope so too, so far so good. :) Ah, understandable. I imagine with the length of time it'll take to play this, you'd make lots of other Drifter friends while playing if you actively post about it here. Maybe I will too! :)

@illusie Very cool! I play a bit more, every day I can so hopefully it won't take me so long, but we'll see. :) Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll check yours out as well.

It's okay, I don't mind starting over. I felt guilty about using him anyway, I just want to do it right. So far it's going well, thanks! :)

Ella took some photos of Don and I thought this one looked pretty good, he's so cute! I read he's a good Father and makes beautiful children too. Just wish he didn't have commitment issues. lol

duAfnBn.png

Lawn living at it's finest. Thankfully that'll end very soon for Ella. :)

kRyTUbP.png

Happy Simming and Stay Safe! <3
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Glad to hear you didn't mind starting over!
    Great picture of Don!
  • PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    Final update for House 1 :smiley:House 01.5
    Juliet is beautiful! lol at the sleeping at the kitchen table after the big meal.
    Congrats on completing the house. Good luck to Pippa!
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @PinkWorld Congrats on completing house 1. I like your house. :smile: Good luck for house 2.
  • PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks @Karise and @illusie :D Yeah, onwards toward House 2 ;)
    Thanks Illusie! :)

Update:
    A lot has happened since my last update. I built Ella a little one story house, but that didn't last long. Things with Don heated up after he invited her to the Flea market. When she arrived, he was dressed in a suit as if he was supposed to be one of the vendors tending a stall. Ella haggled to complete the event and then started to chat up Don. One thing led to another until they ended up in a closet. lol She invited him over to spend the night, which he of course readily accepted. But he left in the morning while she was sleeping so that's as far as it went.

Ella continued to collect, fish, garden and breed frogs for awhile, but she needed more money to build a nursery/child's room. She started painting and soon earned enough to build a bigger house. I had plans for her to invite Don over the next day, but he had other plans and visited while she was painting again after I'd spent all but a little over 1K on the addition.

Don moved in and they tried for a baby. It didn't work. o.O Had to try again and success! \o/ They became BFFs and he even agreed to be her boyfriend. But I think I pushed it too far too fast for a non-committal Sim. Ella then proposed and, he slapped the ring out of her hand. How rude! I should've expected it though. *sigh*

I decided to just have them chill for awhile and give 'ol Donny boy a chance to get used to the idea of becoming a Father, and hopefully do right by the child's Mother. Fast forward to another remodel which now includes a second story for their bedroom, en suite bath, a home gym for Don and a balcony with a hot tub. First story has the nursery, another bath, an office, a greenhouse, plus a kitchen/dining/living room open concept area. Needless to say, the lot is full up to the edges now. lol I thought about having Ella slow down on the painting, but their bedroom still needs some work as does landscaping, that's non-existent except for a lemon tree that wouldn't fit in the greenhouse.

Toward the end of Ella's 3rd trimester, she proposed again. He slapped the ring out of her hand, again. GRRR! She shouted some choice words at him and slept on his side of the bed so he had to sleep on the couch. lol They made up though and went to the Spice Festival. While they were again in the closet having some fun, Ella went into labor! They both went to the hospital, but Don missed the birth. He was too busy chatting up one of the nurses in reception. (figures) Anyway, Ella gave birth to a baby girl, Della. I fiddled with a bunch of names using a combo of the parents names and thought about Donella, but I like Della better. She has the independent trait.

Back home with their new addition, Ella was tending the baby with Don trying to chat her up. He was feeling extremely flirty for some reason (probably thinking about that nurse *rolls eyes*). Ella decided to take advantage of his mood and the couple 'celebrated' the birth while Della slept. Figuring she'd give him one more chance (three times and you're out), afterward, as he stood still in his undies, Ella again proposed. He accepted! GAH! I couldn't believe it and quickly had them elope before he changed his mind. They got married in the kitchen, she wore a pretty short dress and he his undies. lol The silly man then spun into actual clothes immediately afterward. I have a hilarious shot of Ella's incredulous face when that happened. ehehe

Life went on as the baby grew, Ella painting and Don working out, fanboying over Ella's two autographed celebrity photos, soaking/sleeping in the hot tub and drinking gallons of water. He even tried to help take care of Della, bless his heart. I thought once the baby would starve since she was hungry but all Don would do is try to shush/cuddle and change her diaper. He finally fed her though as I cheered. \o/ lol

Ella completed the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and is now working on Freelance Botanist. She finally sold the breeding pair of frogs she's had all this time since they don't need the money anymore. Bye froggies! When I left the game last night, Della had aged up to a toddler with black hair and green eyes, like her Daddy. She's adorable! Sorry, I don't have any pics of her yet as a toddler. But here's a few candid shots of things I've described above. There's a dozen so I put them in the spoiler.
    GuCtMv8.png
    3ZZIZgz.png
    oiMMg7K.png
    Cm6cEWB.png
    2NJyd00.png
    rE1PV4p.png
    Oquwc3M.png
    BvziGyV.png
    4HYteA7.png
    mJ8CJvZ.png
    bKj8r83.png
    jQbkctz.png

I'll get a screenshot of toddler Della when I play my game a bit later and I'll take some shots of their house once it's complete. It looks quite a bit different than in the above screenies.

Thanks for reading and taking a look if you've gotten this far. I hope y'all don't mind that I wrote such a big update with the big screenshots. I keep forgetting to make them smaller. o.O Opps! Sorry about that...

Anyway, I am loving this challenge! The 30K house/lot requirement is complete, it's worth over 55K at the moment but will probably be a lot more once Della ages up to YA. Unless I have Ella slow down on the paintings. ;)

Have a great rest of your weekend and Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52, a lot happened in your game! Congrats on the marriage, baby and completing the aspiration! I'd love to see the house and a picture of the family. Have a great weekend!
    @Karababy52 Congrats on ... well, everything, lol. It's going really well and can't wait to see what Della looks like. Looking forward to reading more. :)
    Hey @illusie & @Karise Thanks for the congrats! Things are progressing as expected. Ella continues to paint and work on the Freelance Botanist aspiration. She's Level 7 now in Gardening and just needs to get to Level 10 and grow a cowplant to complete it. She's planted a cowplant berry, but it seems to be taking a lonnnnnng time to grow up, it's still just a little sprout. Maybe because it's Winter? Hmm...

Don continues to work out constantly and has fully leveled up the Fitness skill. I think I'll need to put away the fitness equipment once he ages up to elder just so he doesn't kill himself. lol He's a pretty good Dad, always doing what he can to help take care of Della and, uh, using his idea of parenting skills to teach her, things:
    GzG7bli.png

Children learn by example right? ;) Probably not the best way to practice that theory, but he tries. He always plays dolls with her and likes to come in to give her a kiss goodnight. Della's aged up from a toddler to a child now. Here's a pic of both ages:
    xGxyT2k.png

He's really good about helping her with homework too and Della's an A student now who does extra credit all on her own! Ella's been using her parenting skills a lot to influence her too. It's come in handy especially for getting her to do her homework and work on skills for her aspiration, Artistic Prodigy. She hasn't progressed very far in that, but not much I can do about it. *shrugs* At least she got to at least Level 3 in her Toddler skills with the Independent trait.

Don and Ella have woohooed just about everywhere possible in the game. lol Even in a rocket and the observatory at GeekCon. They try to be discreet and only indulge themselves when Della is at school, but she got the shock of her life once when she walked in on them. Poor thing, look at her face. o.O
    aUoZgFe.png

Ella aged up to adult and other than a few lines around her mouth looks pretty much the same in my opinion.
    RGJzY2q.png

A couple days later, Don aged up to adult as well. He's got a few more lines under his eyes, but I still think he looks pretty good too.
    D589yI9.png

Annnnd, that's pretty much where I'm at now. Oh! Except for one more thing. Don got abducted! *gasp*
    ZmsP0p5.png

I was SO hoping we'd get an alien baby as a result, but no such luck. *dangit* Oh well. Della will age up to teen next week on the same day as Winterfest! That should be double the fun for her. At least that's my plan anyway. My Mom was born on Christmas and said she always felt like her birthday wasn't as special as a result. "Here's your Christmas AND birthday present." I'm going to try not to let that happen to Della. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    @Karababy52 I have been enjoying your progress and seeing your pictures. Maybe Don will be abducted again.
    @Karababy52 Great pictures! Maybe next time you'll be lucky enough to get an alien baby.
    @Karababy52 Great pictures. Congrats on the birthdays and well done on achieving happy toddler.
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    @Karababy52 I have always found Don Lothario to be a good father, ever since the first time he got abducted in Sims 2 and had twin alien babies! Della is beautiful! I can't wait to see what she looks like as a teenager!
    @illusie @SimCave Thanks and cool, I'm glad you're enjoying my try at this challenge. I hope Don does too, but, not as an elder. lol

Thank you so much @Karise :)

@chillyzgrrl Wow! Twin aliens would be so cool to have. Were they identical? Thanks about Della! I have an update to post next and you'll get to see how she looks as a teen. <3

Update:

I've played a bit farther, but I'll save where this leaves off for when House 01 is finished. I'm getting close! There's 17 screenshots, but I remembered to make them smaller this time. Could've posted a TON more, I take way too many. But tried to keep it 'short.' Short for me anyway. lol Here we go...
    The cowplant finally matured! Yay! \o/ Ella just needs to max out gardening and she'll complete her second aspiration. Don ran out to play with it right away. I got rid of it afterward as it wasn't needed anymore and those things freak me out. o.O

5IUIzVF.png

Della had a little cuddle time with Mom and a chat about the big day coming up. Tomorrow is Winterfest and her birthday.

8gXRhIi.png

I was shocked when Della then got up and started making a mess! What!? Right in front of Mom. Not the smartest thing to do little lady. I think Ella looks like she's shouting, "I'm telling Father Winter you've been naughty, not nice!" And I imagine Della promising to be good and clean it up, which she did.

She got a time out for it. She does this ALL the time! o.O But not right in front of her parents, she snuck outside around the back by the greenhouse to do it all the other times.

nRWXCjc.png

Look at her face. She's thinking, "Oh Brother, again? La La La, I see nothing."

bRrPeBj.png

Ella put up some decorations, including their as yet undecorated (except for lights) tree with some gifts underneath and Don came sneaking out to sabotage one of them after she left the room.

hDv7xxD.png

Decorating the tree together.

Rv8FquW.png

Ta Da! All done. Don looks like he really likes the topper.

v885fBw.png

"Hi Watcher! Hey, could you tell Father Winter I'm really a good girl? Please? Thanks! I'm SO excited for tomorrow! *squeals*

iWgex2Z.png

After tucking Della into bed, before going to bed herself, Ella takes a moment to sit and admire their handiwork. Tomorrow will be a happy day, but she's a bit sad at how fast her little girl is growing up. It won't be very long before Della moves out and starts a family of her own. At least they'll have Grandbabies to cuddle and love!

D1tTLbQ.png

After a delicious Grand Breakfast and the opening of presents, it's finally time for Della to age up! Incidentally, Don's little plan backfired, HE got the sabotaged gift of coal. LOL Ella did give him a soccer ball though, which he loves. She gave Della one too along with a packet of Seasonal Summer seeds. She plans to give her a seed from some of the garden plants too to take with her when she leaves.

Ella got a coffee maker from Don after she checked the mailbox. I thought that was hilarious! Why the heck would he mail it to her? lol He didn't get Della anything, which surprised me. Oh wait! I bet if I'd been able to have Della check the mailbox, she would've gotten something too. This is my first time celebrating Winterfest with a family.

Anyway, look how excited they all are to see Della age up! Blow out 'dem candles girl!

SEMPgre.png

*record scratch* Ella: "Oh Dear God." Don: *falls to the floor in a faint"

Oh come on guys, she doesn't look that bad! Just her eyebrows, and that hair has got to go. At least she's wearing her signature color.

MK0LGPc.png

Della: "What? I think I look pretty goo....oh, okay. MOM! Can I get a make-over?"

Ella: "Of course, if that's what you want. I think you're very pretty though." (Ella is such a sweet, typical Mom)

Don: "Huh? What? Did I faint or something? What did I miss?"

Typical Sim teen, her first action after aging up was to take a selfie. lol

D1EpWMh.png

Annnnd, here she is after a make-over. I didn't change any physical structures, just changed her eyebrows, gave her a different hairstyle to match better to what she had as a child, new clothes and a little make-up. I figured she'd wear red lipstick as her signature look no matter what color clothes she's wearing. I personally think she's gorgeous and looks more like Ella than Don. I can see him in her though too. :)

3ygN4FJ.png

Della then did something very out of character for teens anywhere in the world in my opinion. While waiting for Father Winter to arrive, she went to her room and did her homework. Who does that? Especially Christmas day? o.O To be fair, I do have a focused painting in the kitchen and an element on the desk in her room with the focused aura. I'm sure that had something to do with it. But still!

wIAYuxh.png

Ella and Don took advantage of a little private free time to have a smooch under some mistletoe. <3

SD2Xp5a.png

A Father Winter impostor finally showed up around 11 p.m. after the family killed time taking naps, painting or, you guessed it, working out in Don's case. Clement Frost is still in household management so I don't get why this guy showed up. Weird. I was bummed that only Ella could ask for a present from him too. I put Don & Della in a group with her, but there was no selection for 'ask for a present from Father Winter' as a group. Booooo... Ella got an easel (which we sold), a hand towel and a TON of upgrade parts which we also sold. lol Even though they didn't ask for them, Don got a carrot (LOL) and Della got a tiny globe. I found all that stuff in household inventory and the description of who got what in the notifications.

6LmK5YS.png

Winterfest ended with Ella and Don enjoying a little hot tub time after Della went to bed. It was very early morning the next day and the weather was 'Mystery' so it was hot for a little while luckily for them. A Winterfest miracle I guess eh? Happy (late late late) Winterfest! <3

WpN34u2.png

Where I'm at now is the first day in the first week of a 14 Day Spring. The second week Ella will age up Tuesday, Don on Wednesday, and then Della on Thursday and House 01 will be finished! I'm sure lots will happen between now and then. Have a great week ahead y'all, Stay Safe and...

Happy Simming! :)
    @Karababy52 Another great update. I think Della looks very pretty.
    Awesome update @Karababy52 Della is beautiful as I knew she would be! I am loving the look for your house so far, too. :smile:

My daughter (now in college) would have done her homework while waiting for Father Winter. She is of the belief that if you do the work first, you have more time to play afterwards, instead of rushing around at the end of a vacation. Most of her friends in high school were the opposite, so she often had free time while they were scrambling to get things done. :smiley:

Did you say 14 days of Spring? I usually play with the standard seasons. How are yours adjusted (what are the other season lengths) and how does that effect your game play? I'm curious now.
    edited April 2020
    Here is a little update for my Drifter family.
    Elijah is destined to head over to House 002 when he is grown...
    03-10-20_12-11-16_AM.png

...Unless I fail House 001 again.
    04-06-20_10-27-00_AM.png

Seth grabbed Elijah, his son, and ran outside. Now that his family is safe, he was put to the task of extinguishing the fire. Who knew baking bread could be so dangerous?
    04-06-20_10-31-03_AM.png
    @SimCave Elijah is super cute. Well done to Seth for putting out the fire.
  • chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    Hello! Really fun game! Quick question. If the original drifter died and the heir is the only one left in the house, are they allowed to pay the bills? Or no because they are a non playable sim?
    Thank you @Karise I think she's very pretty too. I love Sims with dark hair and lighter colored eyes. Very striking in my opinion. :)

@chillyzgrrl Thank you too about Della and their house! It's changed a lot during the challenge. When House 01 is finished, I'll post a link to an Imgur slideshow of what it looks like, might upload it too. :)

Your daughter is very smart! I'm sure there are other teens that do their homework ahead of time too, I just meant it seems the norm for most teens to wait until after a holiday to do it. I'd guess they're too busy enjoying their time off and enjoying any gifts they'd received on that particular day. Can't say as I blame them. :)

I set all my Seasons to be 14 days long and have used that time length for all my saves. I don't change the length per season. I tried using a 28 day season length in one save, but it seemed WAY too long to me and haven't used it again. I think 14 days is a good length, the holidays aren't all crowded together that way like some have talked about with 7 day seasons, which is nice. :)

@SimCave Thanks for the update on your challenge! Elijah is adorable! I love that hairstyle on toddlers. Was Seth able to successfully put out the fire without dying? o.O Would be a bummer if you've had to start all over again.

I haven't been able to play my game the last couple days, been busy around the house and outside now that Hubby is laid off from work for two months. In most families, it's the wife that has a "Honey Do" list, in ours, he has the list of projects. I'm not complaining though, it keeps us busy while in self-imposed isolation. Plus, it's good to get outside and soak up that Vitamin D from the Sun whenever possible. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get some play time in today and finish House 01. Excited to get started playing House 02 with Della! \o/

Have a great day y'all and Happy Drifting! <3
    @Karababy52 :) my daughter is very mature for her age, always has been. Her younger brother is more like your typical teenagee and does put off everything.

I do hope to see you upload your house. I often search other people's Drifter lots to see how they look.

I have sooo many questions now! Do you play the standard 'normal' age span or have you extended it?

Curious because while I see what you mean about the 14-day seasons being better spaced, on a normal lifespan, you wouldn't get to experience much of them before you died.
    @Karababy52 Yes, Seth survived and I am grateful. I already had to restart once because of a murphey bed death.
  • fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    I just started this as a fun relax game. Had a lot of fun during the hours I got to play tonight! I'm playing it with berry sweet sims and my founder is Eyelet Rainbow:

eyelet.jpg?w=584&h=584

I'll be sharing my gameplay on Wordpress: www.rainbowdrifter.wordpress.com
    edited April 2020
    @chillyzgrrl I always find it fascinating how siblings raised the same way end up so different. I love seeing their different personalities develop and grow that way. :)

I might upload it, we'll see. If I did it would need some work. There's still no landscaping at all. Might put it on a slightly bigger lot after the House 01 challenge is finished, landscape and then upload.

Nope, I haven't extended their lifespan, just however many days they get for 'normal.' But actually, Ella began the first day of Summer, it's now the third day of the first week of Winter Spring and she'll age up to elder next week. So depending on how long her elder stage lasts, she could feasibly experience every season or one full year of seasons.

Della will begin her House 02 journey with just a couple days left of Winter Spring. So, by the time she gets herself established and has a baby, when it ages to toddler, it'll most likely be the last week of Summer, which is perfect since that's when most of the plants in Granite Falls grow. :)

@SimCave Oh good, I figured since you hadn't posted you were starting over again. Ella is actually my second try as well. The first time I goofed and had her marry one of my Super Sims. o.O Not on purpose, I just forgot he was a Super Sim until it was too late. I kept the save though because she was pregnant. I'll play that house as just a normal gameplay at some point. :)

EDIT: I meant Spring when Della starts. Opps!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top