Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There's one thing doesn't make sense to me in DU

The tutoring time. I cannot understand how it takes about 5 hours each time and earn only 100 with 10 skill points. How do you manage with that milestone,"Tutor 5 times'?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I did was after my sim had completed her first week in school, I did not have her return right away. I had her take a week off from school, it was during this time I had her complete the tutor 5 times and also the attend lectures.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I waited for the weekend, then did Tutor 5 times in a row. The first time took the full 5 hours, but my sim bailed out early on the second session because of critical needs, and the last 3 times he only stayed for a few minutes each. I had to spend awhile fixing his needs after he finished but that was still much better than putting 25 hours into it.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I used days when my Sim didn't need to attend classes or work for this. Usually before or after spending some time learning robotics. Took her a while because I only did 1 session per day and she was a busy woman :)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    What I did was after my sim had completed her first week in school, I did not have her return right away. I had her take a week off from school, it was during this time I had her complete the tutor 5 times and also the attend lectures.
    I want to use your way for my new sim. I've never thought your way. I had to use 'seldom sleepy' for completing this. Thanks. :)

• Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I waited for the weekend, then did Tutor 5 times in a row. The first time took the full 5 hours, but my sim bailed out early on the second session because of critical needs, and the last 3 times he only stayed for a few minutes each. I had to spend awhile fixing his needs after he finished but that was still much better than putting 25 hours into it.
    Oh I just tried to stop tutoring and get out of the building but it didn't count. Will it work only for running out of needs?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I used days when my Sim didn't need to attend classes or work for this. Usually before or after spending some time learning robotics. Took her a while because I only did 1 session per day and she was a busy woman :)
    Yea that's we can do without risk. I'm still wondering how come tutoring can be much longer than regular class time with professor.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Oh I just tried to stop tutoring and get out of the building but it didn't count. Will it work only for running out of needs?

Yes, letting them run out of needs seems to be the trick. I also tried making my sim quit early and found it didn't count. It only counted when he quit on his own.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Yes, letting them run out of needs seems to be the trick. I also tried making my sim quit early and found it didn't count. It only counted when he quit on his own.

Then I have a good idea. Just low down all needs on purpose just before getting into the building for tutor, then leave the sim inside until the needs run out, then it might be count. :D My sim will blame me I'm pretty sure. LOL