Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 004 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Hey everyone. Yes, I'm still on house 004, and while I was managing the world. I notice that from house 1 and 3 had another family move into them, And the funny thing is, they are from the same Arevalo. How this happen I don't know since they aren't related to my Desiree family. So I got to thinking that none of you guys were able to meet house 003 heir since we was missing the page 003. So let me introduce you all to Catscream, before he age up into an elder, and his son house 004 heir Kha'adh 1mthcTM.jpglxllYcx.jpg
    I accidentally made Catscream drink the serum that make sims lose weight. He was never a big sim, but now he's to skinny.
    We do have other sims in the house I may or may not introduce them later.

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Nakendra So nice to see them. Kha'adh's really cute.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Rules have been completely re-posted and are updated through Realm Of Magic! :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    11-26-19_8-33-49-PM-1.png

Well, better late than ever --- here is Chapter One of my new house. I actually have a lot of this played through, but between the holidays and me starting a new job, I haven't had time to write the story.

This is Delia Caine. She is just starting out in Willow Creek in the dead of winter.

House 4, Chapter 1
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl You've done really well given the season. I've started out in Winter before now and it can be a challenge. :smile: Nice that Delia got some presents that she could sell as well as other stuff. :smiley:
  • Options
    Karise wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl You've done really well given the season. I've started out in Winter before now and it can be a challenge. :smile: Nice that Delia got some presents that she could sell as well as other stuff. :smiley:
    Starting out with a science career worked well, too. I always sold all the extra collectibles she gathered at work.

• Options
    Chapter 2 is up now, because I have a day off from work and hope I can catch up the chapters to where I am in game-play!

Was there ever a decision made about how Discover Unversity will or will not affect this challenge? I personally think living at home and just going to classes would be okay, but you probably couldn't actually get the full degree in a lifetime and still focus on the Houses with specific career-oriented goals.

Thoughts?

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl I really like your style of writing. :smile: I hadn't really thought about University tbh. It's possible they could go to classes and live at home I guess. It might be worth asking @Vihisha
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited January 2020
    @chillyzgrrl, Delia is beautiful! he had a great start. Looks like she is doing well at her job and is lucky in love.
    I've already read the next chapter, which you haven't posted here yet... Congrats on the baby!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @chillyzgrrl I really like your style of writing. :smile: I hadn't really thought about University tbh. It's possible they could go to classes and live at home I guess. It might be worth asking @Vihisha

@Karise @chillyzgrrl, Vi recently posted rules for University

FULL set of rules can be found here:
    https://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    illusie wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl, Delia is beautiful! he had a great start. Looks like she is doing well at her job and is lucky in love.
    I've already read the next chapter, which you haven't posted here yet... Congrats on the baby!

Yeah, Chapter 3 was set to post while I was at work and I just haven't gotten here to drop it.

Delia is my favorite of this family so far, for looks. She really is beautiful!

Chapter 3, for those who are wondering.

@Karise @chillyzgrrl, Vi recently posted rules for University

Yay, rules! Looks like we're free to send them if they can manage. I might try with House 5. But then I'm looking ahead at the Goals and I need to create a Secondary playable Sim for that one?

And while I'm here.. also Chapter 4.

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on Salvatore moving in and having Elaine. She's so pretty. :smile:
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2020
    House 004 took me a long time to get through for some reason. I kept leaving it to do build challenges instead. Finally, it is finished! Actually she only made it to Level 7 Astronaut in her career, but I was done. She completed all other goals! And the heir has moved on to her own house.
    I cleaned up the house and put it on the gallery Craftsman 3bedroom

I have had this game for some time now and never traveled to Sixam. It is so pretty! I just wish it were larger. I would love an expansion maybe like Granite Falls. You fly to and rent vacation space styled homes. Have space gardens. Go on space walks. Wear different patterned space suits cause we need to be fashionable! Work on the space craft(s). etc.

SXwZml6.jpg
    3 br 2 ba home final worth $81,557
    RYD8uY2.jpg
    First alien friend
    TOrgxq1.jpg
    My sims always marry a star. For this challenge I inserted the cast of Gossip Girl! Chuck Bass was the lucky dude!
    SJ9iibH.jpg
    Collection from Sixam
    ecZjO5q.jpg
    So pretty!!

More pictures on my Drifter Challenge Tumblr post.
    Imgur Post

edited image links not showing if you didn't have tumblr. Now also in IMGUR
    Post edited by shakerella on
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    @shakerella , I agree Sixam is so pretty. Congrats on completing the house!
  • Options
    @shakerella Congrats on completing house 4. Good luck for house 5.
  • Options
    I am sooo behind... I've actually been playing House 5, but had to stop because I haven't had time to write the blog posts for House 4 and a LOT happened there. I probably have a couple more chapters worth of pictures to get through. Maybe since I'm only working every-other-day due to the Covid-19, I can get something done about that.

Without further ado... House 4, Chapter 5.

@chillyzgrrl Congrats on Salvatore moving in and having Elaine. She's so pretty. :smile:

Thanks! I can't wait to actually share what's happened with them since this last post!

@shakerella congrats on finishing this one! You're so right about Sixam! I do wish we could love there. I would put my alien sims there in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Great update. I love your idea about the vampires and freezing Lillith was very funny.

Stay safe.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Great update. I love your idea about the vampires and freezing Lillith was very funny.

Stay safe.

Thank you! I dislike the way Vlad and his progeny stalk our sims, so they make a good villain for my story.

I did notice, however, that the next couple of Houses include a Secondary sim. I rolled for House 5 and got a mermaid, but if I get a Vampire I will have to figure out how to work it into the story.

Here is Chapter 6 today. There's one more coming up later today (I had them scheduled to post) and then onto House 5. Which I've already been playing just need to write the post.

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl, lovely updates.
    Chapter 5: funny you froze Lillith. What a lovely unexpected surprise.
    Chapter 6: Elaine is beautiful and Fiona is cute. I love the picture where she remembers starting as a drifter sim and shivering while thinking of it.
    Chapter 7: Congrats on adopting a child! What a lovely idea. Happy birthday Elaine! Good luck in the next house. I'm curious about her vision. Did she have one or did she just not talk about it?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @chillyzgrrl, lovely updates.
    Chapter 5: funny you froze Lillith. What a lovely unexpected surprise.

I think one of them turn her into a bunny, too. I'd have to go back and re-read the blog posts. Lilith pesters this family a lot.
    Chapter 6: Elaine is beautiful and Fiona is cute. I love the picture where she remembers starting as a drifter sim and shivering while thinking of it.

Delia had the worst start I've had so far! Winter with nothing... no house, no money... I just lucked out when I moved her and it was still Winterfest and I could sell her mailbox gift for something to start with!
    Chapter 7: Congrats on adopting a child! What a lovely idea. Happy birthday Elaine! Good luck in the next house. I'm curious about her vision. Did she have one or did she just not talk about it?

She didn't talk about it. I'm going to start off with that for the first post of House 005.

Chapter 7 - the final chapter in Delia's story.

And now... my house...

01-30-20_7-18-53-PM.png

There is a complete house tour here at my blog, and the download is here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A101F9F66E0D11EA8532ABC23C933B11

I am really really happy with how this house turned out.

I keep saying, I am challenging myself with the lots in this challenge. Oasis Springs is all Southwestern/Spanish influence homes, which I have never really cared for in real life. Willow Creek more traditional stuff. I'm taking them all off house plans and not just 'winging it.' Sometimes it takes me days to find just the right house plan.

This house... I manipulated the terrain level a bit to fashion a garage that kind of matched the house plan I used. I don't normally do that because sometimes it doesn't do what I want it to, but this time it turned out really well. Like I said, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Post edited by chillyzgrrl on
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the birthdays and the adoption. Also well done for finishing the house. I would say good luck for the next one but you've already started :smiley: Love the look of this one too.
  • Options
    Your link to chapter 7 was not working for me.
    The house looks so cute! <3
  • Options
    @illusie it looks like I have an extra :// at the end of the url. I'm on my phone right now so I have to fix it when I get home.
  • Options
    Your link to chapter 7 was not working for me.
    The house looks so cute! <3

Okay, it's fixed! Also, here, too. :smile:

Thanks! I adored this house a lot.

• Options
    I had already read it before you posted it here lol
    Thank you for fixing it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file