Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rocking Chair new interaction ideas

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Rocking chairs slowly increase fun while rocking.
Instead of having the "Sit" interaction like any other chair, rocking chairs have the "Rock" interaction. Sims can read a book while rocking or take a nap, and they can also hold babies or toddlers while rocking.
Rocking chairs give players a method to combat the fun drop from reading a skill book and an option to calm down toddlers.

Rocking chair interactions:
  • Rock
  • Nap (Fill up energy)
  • Read a book while rocking in rocking chair
  • Knit while rocking in rocking chair
  • Watch TV while rocking in rocking chair
  • Eat while rocking in rocking chair
  • Hold toddler and rock the toddler to sleep

Kids should also be able to use the rocking chair!

Dazed: If a Sim uses the rocking chair for a long period of time, let’s say 5 hours, they‘ll get dazed.

Sims 4 Get Together: Sims with the Dance Machine trait can do their “disco nap“ (which is a more efficient nap) on the rocking chair as well. Same goes for Lazy Sims who can "Nap Lazily" instead of normal “Nap“

A special ghost haunting interaction:
If ghosts possess the rocking chair, it will rock on its own without a Sim sitting in it, like in the horror movies.

What are your ideas for the rocking chair?
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• PurpleAthenaOwlPurpleAthenaOwl Posts: 101 Member
    It would be great if your sims could rock to calm down and if it could add to the Emotional Control character value that would be amazing!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I think kids and toddlers should be able to play around on the rocking chair. Kids could vigorously push another kid or toddler sitting in it. Toddlers could climb on it and rock it wildly. They said they're looking at unique interactions for elders, and I hope they actually include a lot for them.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited March 2020
    These are all great ideas! I really, really hope the rocking chair makes a creaking sound like they did in Sims 3. I think the sound adds to the ambience. In Sims 3 I always used to put a rocking chair on the front porch, and now I can't wait to be able to do that again.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Toddlers could climb on it and rock it wildly.

Haha, this made me laugh :) Maybe they will even try standing on the chair...

Do anyone recall the recliners in TS1? Maybe they were in TS2 as well. I'd love to see the rest in rocking chair a bit more like it is planned, than the sims falling asleep in a regular armchair which looks very uncomfortable.

I expect there to be a dizzy moodlet from using it for hours, but I hope elders will be allowed to use it for longer with no negatives.

Do real life cats like to sleep in a rocking chair? Hm...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Toddlers could climb on it and rock it wildly.

Haha, this made me laugh :) Maybe they will even try standing on the chair...

Do anyone recall the recliners in TS1? Maybe they were in TS2 as well. I'd love to see the rest in rocking chair a bit more like it is planned, than the sims falling asleep in a regular armchair which looks very uncomfortable.

I expect there to be a dizzy moodlet from using it for hours, but I hope elders will be allowed to use it for longer with no negatives.

Do real life cats like to sleep in a rocking chair? Hm...

Cats will sleep anywhere they're comfortable. Including the padded seat of a rocking chair with a small tote bag holding a sock knitting kit that their person was gifted five years ago and still hadn't gotten around to making.... (Unfortunately any pictures of said kitty were lost in a phone exchange.)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    The ghost haunting the rocking chair sounds amazing!
    #Team Occult
  • BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    In addition to rocking the toddler to sleep, the rocking chair could be used by adults to soothe angry or sad toddlers.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    It should also be a place to breastfeed or bottle feed a baby, instead of only being able to do it standing up in front of the bassinet. Like if a rocking chair is in the same room as a bassinet, the feeding option should happen sitting down (or in any chair, really) rather than standing.

I mean why have the rocking chair only available for toddler interactions?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    haha what if there was a certain small chance any time a cat was in the same room as a rocking chair, that it might get its tail under the rocker when someone was using the chair? Just a cat freak out moment with a feline squall and then the cat bolting away...then of course sitting and grooming itself with dignity, as if it say, "nothing to see here"
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The kids can play with the rocking chair & imagining it as if they're a pirate on a pirate ship (with full animation).

The ghost can interact with the rocking chair & frighten the living Sims with the hunted chair.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It would be cool if cats could lie down on the rocking chair and block it so that you have to wake your cat up first before using it >:)
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope we get to see a beta concept of the rocking chair soon!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    A special ghost haunting interaction:
    If ghosts possess the rocking chair, it will rock on its own without a Sim sitting in it, like in the horror movies.

yes please
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sit (with "Read", and "Knit" multitasking options), Nap, and Breastfeed a baby. That's all I really need.

I'm also seconding that ghost idea. Very creepy!
    wJbomAo.png
  • Dufourae85Dufourae85 Posts: 11 New Member
    I would definitely like to see the rocking chair have a ton of new features/interactions as well. A lot of the ideas presented already were great and hopefully will be incorporated in the new pack.

Things that sims should be able to do in the rocking chair:

Knit (all ages depending on how young your dim can start the hobby)
    Watch TV/Movies (child to elder)
    Nap (child to elder?
    Pet/Pamper/Call On Lap your sims cat or small dog (Child to elder)
    Sooth toddler
    Rock infants and toddlers
    Read stories to toddlers
    Breastfeed infants
    Children should be able to calm emotions (since the only option atm is to wind down with classical music...)

I'm sure there are plenty more things to include but these are some of the ones that I would love to see...otherwise it's such a waste of potential
  • MMasters949MMasters949 Posts: 2 New Member
    If a cat is laying on the ground next to the rocking chair, could it startle the cat or pinch its tail... leading to an unhappy emotion and/ or a fixation on the rocking chair.

could they drink tea in the rocking chair...again, enhancing relaxation.

I think I will really enjoy this pack when it comes out.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    One of the gurus confirmed that sims won't be able to do interactions that are not currently available for normal chairs like have a child or pet sit on your lap.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    And clumsy Sims should be able to fall out of it. Believe me, that's happened more times to me than I can count in 23 years.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Rocking the babies, toddlers & children.