Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coronavirus: An EA Update

Comments

• kuriakoskuriakos Posts: 30 Member
    coronavirus is not a joke. we all need to protect ourselfs and our family, i hope also you and your family will be fine.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other than sims, what have y'all been doing while trapped at home?

Well, right now I'm trying to get my fridge to work again because it decided it's the best time to go on the fritz :( So yeah, not even remotely bored, despite being at home.
    It's still work as usual for me because I work for the NHS. I think some things will change, such as outpatients appointments being postponed or being done over the phone, and there should be fewer visitors, but my actual job is probably going to largely stay the same. We had our first confirmed case at the hospital on Friday so that is a little scary. Fortunately I mostly stay in my office though.

Thank you for being out there on the front lines, office or not. And thank you to your doctor and nurse colleagues.
    I hope you guys switch to what's happening here in Ireland: emergency procedures only, no visitors unless absolutely necessary in hospitals. My local hospital had a no visitors restriction early and most of the medical places have rescheduled outpatient appointments.

It's terrifying to see how many people ignore social distancing guidelines and think they're invincible.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Animal Crossing, board games, puzzles, books, cross-stitch.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Animal Crossing, board games, puzzles, books, cross-stitch.

Played through Ori and the Will of the Wisps, working (unfortunately no bit less than usual, perhaps even slightly more), hanging out in our Corona WhatsApp group (yup, I know, that's a thing now), eating, sleeping, coughing (and therefore, forced to self-quarantine), walking the dog, brushing the dog ... you know, mostly things I'd do every other day as well xD
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Thank you for being out there on the front lines, office or not. And thank you to your doctor and nurse colleagues.
    I hope you guys switch to what's happening here in Ireland: emergency procedures only, no visitors unless absolutely necessary in hospitals. My local hospital had a no visitors restriction early and most of the medical places have rescheduled outpatient appointments.

It's terrifying to see how many people ignore social distancing guidelines and think they're invincible.

:( Yeah, I was utterly baffled by the reports of people flocking to the countryside over the weekend, something which I never even considered. I nipped to the supermarket while I was running a different errand, and later collected food from a takeaway that is so close I can walk there in less time than it would take them to deliver. I'm lucky that we have a garden but even if I didn't, I'd just walk around the block if I wanted some fresh air. Going to touristy places is selfish and irresponsible right now.

The hospital has definitely imposed a lot of restrictions and I think it's absolutely necessary. This area hasn't had very many cases yet, thankfully, but I imagine it will get worse before it gets better.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The UK is now in a lockdown. Sadly some people treated it as a public holiday. I am off work so will spend some of my time on The Sims!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The UK is now in a lockdown. Sadly some people treated it as a public holiday. I am off work so will spend some of my time on The Sims!

Here, we're still under a partial lockdown. The police & army are assisting in monitoring the citizen movement. Today, the government has announced that, only one person per household is allowed to go out to buy groceries. I really hope that everyone everywhere around the world can cooperate & take this issue more seriously. We really need to help each other to stop the spreading chain until we can have the vaccine, else, we'll have a risk to having the lockdown extended further, and I don't even want to think of the consequences yet.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited March 2020
    The UK measures just stranded my family economically. We're selling our jewellery/gold today to try and raise money.

Actually we're not because we can't reach the place we were going to go to.
    Post edited by PrincipleOfEntropy on
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    The UK measures just stranded my family economically. We're selling our jewellery/gold today to try and raise money.

Actually we're not because we can't reach the place we were going to go to.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that your government could assist the citizens financially especially during this period. Please stay strong & safe!
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    The only places I go are to the supermarket or to a take-out place for food. Or for an afternoon walk.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    The only places I go are to the supermarket or to a take-out place for food. Or for an afternoon walk.

Here, our partial lockdown has been extended for another 2 weeks. We aren't allowed to go out except for one person per household to buy any necessities. We are encouraged to order everything online & get it delivered. Even the supermarkets, fast foods or restaurant are required to close at 7pm. Those who go against it will be fined or a jail time.
    We're resorting to universal credit at this point. It's going to take a while but if it doesn't go through then we're basically finished, as next month we won't be able to pay bills/rent, and this week's shopping will be the last for a while. We've already talked about rationing food from today onwards and we've cut off most of our electronics aside from my tablet, the house phone and one mobile phone.

We have to wait about twenty days for any news on the credit but that doesn't take into account the pandemic, I'm sure many others are in our situation right now.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I have a good friend who works as a RN, and her shifts run about 15 hrs! Main cause is people who are not in life-threatening condition, but they've gone out and partied (and got injuried) instead of staying home!

Doctors, nurses, surgeons and other medical staff have gone beyond their limits to care for the critical ill. We just need to stay home and not do anything to add to their work load!

Don't be a Wing-nut! Stay home! Stay safe! ...

...and wash your DING-DANG hands :warning:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    We're resorting to universal credit at this point. It's going to take a while but if it doesn't go through then we're basically finished, as next month we won't be able to pay bills/rent, and this week's shopping will be the last for a while. We've already talked about rationing food from today onwards and we've cut off most of our electronics aside from my tablet, the house phone and one mobile phone.

We have to wait about twenty days for any news on the credit but that doesn't take into account the pandemic, I'm sure many others are in our situation right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. It's a very surreal situation. Last month everyone was just living their lives, this month the world is in lockdown and heading for a dystopian nightmare.

I wish you the best and sincerely hope your family is able to find recovery.
    #Team Occult

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please stay strong & positive. Let's pray that this won't last too long!

I'm just wondering, have you check with any government bodies, or utility providers if they're doing something to help the citizens during this period? Say, postponing any loan, utilities, etc for certain period?

It's a hard time for everyone. China has begun to lift their lockdown rules because the number of new cases are starting to drop. Are there food banks you can resort to? Stay healthy and well.

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Nz is now in Lockdown, its a very strict lockdown, we are declared a state of emergency so lockdown will be reinforced by law and even military. You are only allowed to have contact with your bubble (household). Most businesses are closed except for essential ones, most people in my area are complaining about having to cook now since all takeaways are closed. Our family is taking it very serious, although we are a bit worried since my husband and son still work in essential factories and have to go to work everyday. Be safe everyone <3 We are all in this together <3
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    At this point, I'm not even sure if things were ever gonna improve in 2020. And I don't go on my social media as much because I don't like being constantly reminded of the situation. Some of my friends and relatives think they're invincible, but they need to be careful. One of them was focused on conspiracy theories concerning the virus. BTW, I might have to stay at my vacation home until all this was over. It's feeling like a dystopian movie.

We're in the 'cozy catastrophe' phase. Hopefully things don't worsen.

Of all the UK measures announced today, not a single one of them applies to my family, there's nothing, absolutely nothing. We can't claim credit online without a passport (we currently don't have valid ones as we could never afford to travel abroad) or a driver's license (we don't drive, I can't because of my condition). We can use bank details or a rent slip or something similar but that method requires a visit to a job centre and we can't even leave my house because I've been symptomatic for week. Every avenue we try leads to a dead end, it feels as if everything has aligned against us perfectly.

I've always been aware that I was on the poorer side of things but this has made me acknowledge that my life is a joke.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

I got out my amp and guitar and sat in the sun a little while today with a cold beverage. Then tonight I get a knock at the door and it's this old guy who heard me and brought his harmonica hoping we could jam.

I said maybe tomorrow, if we stay at a safe distance. he looks to be 60-something. Says he isn't afraid of covid 19.

I said we could jam but only if we stay like 8 to 10 feet apart, take it or leave it. I'm not even sure if agreeing to it at all was the right thing to do. I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I'll set up a chair for him that far from my amp and see what happens.

I don't want to be a vector if I can help it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My younger sister brought over some food from the restaurant she works at. She misses us, but unfortunately she can't hang out with us.

Mom had a big turkey club sandwich. My stepdad and me split a huge bowl of shrimp alfredo. Meal included garlic knots too, and chocolate cake and a lemon ma-range (mom's fav)! Very delicious! :yum:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    edited March 2020
    Of all the UK measures announced today, not a single one of them applies to my family, there's nothing, absolutely nothing. We can't claim credit online without a passport (we currently don't have valid ones as we could never afford to travel abroad) or a driver's license (we don't drive, I can't because of my condition). We can use bank details or a rent slip or something similar but that method requires a visit to a job centre and we can't even leave my house because I've been symptomatic for week. Every avenue we try leads to a dead end, it feels as if everything has aligned against us perfectly.

I've always been aware that I was on the poorer side of things but this has made me acknowledge that my life is a joke.

I'm extremely sorry for what you're facing now. Have you approach the local council if there's any that they could assist for the time being? I'm not sure if you have any Twitter account, but I think it would be one of the fastest methods to send the message across to them. I'm pretty sure, they won't left anyone behind. Every countries are trying their best to support the citizens, not only in terms of financial, but also our moral. I've been following the cases update every day, and it's so worrying. Have you exceeded your overdraft? Could you work something with your bank to increase it for the time being?

Most importantly, have you talk to your GP with regards to your symptoms?
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I get that this may sound a bit insensitive, but please, pleeeaasse, EA, give us some information! I don’t care that packs and patches get delayed, health is no 1 priority, but if you can tweet about giving away codes, why can’t you tweet about your time schedule?

Just a simple “we’re working on a GP but it’s delayed” would be good. Some notification, anything.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    edited March 2020
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I get that this may sound a bit insensitive, but please, pleeeaasse, EA, give us some information! I don’t care that packs and patches get delayed, health is no 1 priority, but if you can tweet about giving away codes, why can’t you tweet about your time schedule?

Just a simple “we’re working on a GP but it’s delayed” would be good. Some notification, anything.

Exactly! Besides, do you know that the Sims team released a snapchat filter? It irks me a little bit. :|

Check this out, https://simsvip.com/2020/03/26/the-sims-4-unlock-a-special-stay-at-home-pet-lens/