Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun Pandemic Survey

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Cororon wrote: »
    They're exaggerating by not telling how many are getting over it. They're only telling who have or might have it. Never taking the numbers down. - imo.

They do tell us that, that more than 80% of the affected won't get seriously ill, and that about 1 to 4 percent dies. The drastic measures and self-isolation is still important becaue the virus is highly contagious, and you can be infected without knowing it and can spread it ro risk groups. In Italy 600-700 people die each day from corona. This virus is as bad as the Spanish Flu virus that killed over 50 million people between 1917-20, so for the sake of everyone the pandemic must be stopped as soon as possible.

No need to assume I'm not keeping up on the news. :cookie:

The Wuhan flu is not as bad as the Spanish flu. And it can not be stopped now, it can only be slowed.

Slowing it is the entire point. We know it can't be stopped, except in cases like Singapore, where they actually DID stop it! But due to a kind of organized and completely enforced EARLY response that no other country has proven capable of.
    But yes, it's the slowing of it, that can save lives of people who might otherwise find they need medical resources that would be in too short a supply if it isn't slowed down to a manageable rate of infection.

And it's not influenza of any kind, so calling it "The Wuhan Flu" is inaccurate. It is not flu, no matter where it came from.

No, Singapore didn't stop it. We're still getting a lot of imports of the virus cuz Singaporeans orerseas are coming back with it. The good thing is that everyone back from overseas has to go for quarantine. But I heard there was a group of people who came back and didn't listen and went to make a party and now it got worse. Them dumb people.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2020
    Cororon wrote: »
    They're exaggerating by not telling how many are getting over it. They're only telling who have or might have it. Never taking the numbers down. - imo.

They do tell us that, that more than 80% of the affected won't get seriously ill, and that about 1 to 4 percent dies. The drastic measures and self-isolation is still important becaue the virus is highly contagious, and you can be infected without knowing it and can spread it ro risk groups. In Italy 600-700 people die each day from corona. This virus is as bad as the Spanish Flu virus that killed over 50 million people between 1917-20, so for the sake of everyone the pandemic must be stopped as soon as possible.

No need to assume I'm not keeping up on the news. :cookie:

The Wuhan flu is not as bad as the Spanish flu. And it can not be stopped now, it can only be slowed.

Slowing it is the entire point. We know it can't be stopped, except in cases like Singapore, where they actually DID stop it! But due to a kind of organized and completely enforced EARLY response that no other country has proven capable of.
    But yes, it's the slowing of it, that can save lives of people who might otherwise find they need medical resources that would be in too short a supply if it isn't slowed down to a manageable rate of infection.

And it's not influenza of any kind, so calling it "The Wuhan Flu" is inaccurate. It is not flu, no matter where it came from.

We are all getting the same information and I don't believe I need another lecture lesson of what I hear everyday.

My point - No one is showing the numbers of people surviving. Just a percentage. If, maybe, they'd count the survivors along side the reported contracted, it would give a more balanced view.

This, as I'll say again, is my view. Please, no more of your point of view lectures.

I will call it the Wuhan flu. I'm going to stay on topic now. :cookie:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Okay. Call anything, anything you like. But it wasn't my personal point of view that this virus isn't a type of influenza. It's just a fact.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Huh didn't expect to be tagged. Thanks @WhatCobblers

1. How many rolls of toilet paper do you have in your house right now?
    I think like a pack and a half, caught my cat trying to rip a roll apart and I thankfully stopped him.

2. Which items have you bought online so far that you would normally not get online?
    Nothing so far

3. Name 3 food items that you’re obsessed with and hope you never run out of.
    Pretzels, ramen, and ice cream

4. Name a food item you would never eat, no matter how bad things get.
    Salisbury steak

5. What’s your favorite brand of bottled water?
    Anything that isn't from Nestle

6. What’s your favorite social isolation activity to do by yourself (other than video games and The Sims forums)?
    Nap or drawing

7. What was your favorite social activity before the pandemic?
    Playing games online, nothing really changed

8. Which country and state/province/territory/etc. (choose whatever’s applicable) are you in, and what month/year are you filling this out?
    USA

9. When you hear about COVID-19 on the news, do you think they’re exaggerating (making the virus sound worse than it is), playing it down (making it sound like things are better than they actually are right now), or reporting accurately?
    I like to think that it's being exaggerated cause it makes it less scary than the alternative.

10. A witch has granted you a protective spell that you may cast on one and only one celebrity to make them immune to the virus. Who do you cast the spell on and why?
    Markiplier I guess if he counts

Not tagging anyone cause I can't think of anyone
    EMrBkJP.png
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Hi, everyone. Please see the edit to my original post respectfully requesting debates be taken to another thread. While I value everyone's opinions, I'd like to keep this thread light and fluffy. Thank you.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    9 that I know of.
    I may have more among my camping gear.

2. Which items have you bought online so far that you would normally not get online?
    Nothing as yet

Chickpeas, garlic, cheese.

Bat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. What’s your favorite social isolation activity to do by yourself (other than video games and The Sims forums)?
    Play with my neighbours cat, who spends most of her time in my yard... oh wait, that's not really 'by myself', is it?
    Falling down the youtube rabbit hole?

... social? Uh...playing with my neighbours cat?

8. Which country and state/province/territory/etc. (choose whatever’s applicable) are you in, and what month/year are you filling this out?
    South Australia, March 2020

9. When you hear about COVID-19 on the news, do you think they’re exaggerating (making the virus sound worse than it is), playing it down (making it sound like things are better than they actually are right now), or reporting accurately?
    Reporting accurately.

10. A witch has granted you a protective spell that you may cast on one and only one celebrity to make them immune to the virus. Who do you cast the spell on and why?
    Hmmm
    Henry Cavill
    plum.
    I need more seasons of the witcher.

Okay. Call anything, anything you like. But it wasn't my personal point of view that this virus isn't a type of influenza. It's just a fact.

Indeed, it is not a type of influenza. COVID-19 is a type of coronavirus, just as SARS and MERS are.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti Your answers to 6 and 7 are cracking me up. So, basically what you're telling me is nothing has changed for your social life, which is based around the neighbor's cat. :wink:
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Half a dozen

Nothing

Salt n' shake crisps, coca cola, and meat

Baked beans

Supermarket brand - not fussed

Playing with my cats, facetiming friends and family, enjoying the spring sun

Nights in playing cards with my best friend

Southampton United Kingdom 26th March 2020

I'm sick of hearing about it, but it's an important issue and everyone must go by the rules set by their country

David Jason from only fools and horses.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @lisamwitt.

I'd say 40 or so. But we're several in the house.

Nothing so far.

Chocolate. Cookies. Pasta.

Snails. Eww !! Nope. They look like giant boogers. I've never eaten a single one.

Vittel maybe.

Looking at stuff on my phone. Read.

See friends, going to the restaurant...

France, March 2020.

It depends. I don't think we have all informations about the virus. But I think they're reporting quite accurately. It's the government that is not always very specific.

I won't say.

I tag:
    @LiELF @Beardedgeek @Suceress

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited March 2020
    Over 30. I buy the 24 packs at Samsclub to avoid having to make frequent trips to the store (did this prior to the outbreak).

water & deodorant wipes (I tried to order deodorant bc the type I prefer is no longer carried in the store but they wouldn't ship it to me)

Ritz cracker cheese "sandwiches", Pop Tarts bites (chocolate), milk

onions (I'm allergic)

Ozarka because they come in a medium size that is not too big and not too small

Sleep (I have chronic fatigue). I also like planning renovations & researching products.

Chatting with friends online-- I don't like being around people that much, but every once in awhile I like to go hang out with my friends in person. My immune system sucks to begin with so I've always tried to avoid too much contact with other people to avoid getting sick.

United States, California, March 2020
    Nunya, March 2020.

It depends-- some networks downplay it, some completely deny it, & others are more accurate. Problem is, we don't have enough info to be reported accurately.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg because she's awesome & she needs to outlive the creeps who wished death upon her
    If she doesn't count, I'd pick Betty White because she's a national treasure
  • CIariteaCIaritea Posts: 48 Member
    1 Dozen?

Sims 3

Hemp Milk, Ginger Tea, Homemade Granola

Cheez-Its

Smartwater

Dancing

Bowling

United States, New Jersey, March 2020

All the above

Chester Bennington because I just adore him <3 Unfortunately he's no longer with us.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    8 I think.

Nothing.

3. Name 3 food items that you’re obsessed with and hope you never run out of
    Pop, tea, and 'chunky soup'.

5. Name a food item you would never eat, no matter how bad things get.
    Blue cheese.

Tap water works

6. What’s your favourite social isolation activity to do by yourself (other than video games and The Sims forums)?
    Reading and writing

7. What was your favourite social activity before the pandemic?
    Social activity?

Manitoba, March 2020

They are reporting it here accurately, I believe.

I'd rather protect my mom than some celebrity I don't know. Because I love her and she's more vulnerable to the coronavirus than I am. Celebrities should not get special treatment or access to testing or better medical care just because they're rich and famous.

Most of these answers are going to be the same. Apologies to @Lyoufln
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2020
    My mum is always buying things whenever they are on offer, so we had two packs of 18 toilet rolls before this even started. I used to joke about it, but I am glad about it now.

Nothing.

I am addicted to Victoria sponge cake, so fresh double cream, seedless raspberry jam, and eggs.

Orange soup. I tried it once. Never again.

5. What’s your favourite brand of bottled water?
    I don't know. Evian? I usually just get mine from the tap or filter in the fridge.

6. What’s your favourite social isolation activity to do by yourself (other than video games and The Sims forums)?
    I enjoy obedience/agility training with my Scottie dog.

7. What was your favourite social activity before the pandemic?
    Honestly, I think I've been social distancing for years now lol, but I do like to go to the theatre with my family. I want to see The Phantom of the Opera as soon as it's safe again.

England, March 2020.

I don't trust anything they say on the news here. Sadly, money often seems to be far more important than human lives. I definitely think they played it down at the start. I try to avoid it now since it just makes us all anxious.

Well, I would prefer to protect someone vulnerable that I love and I don't really follow celebrities, but if I had to choose one then maybe Reece Shearsmith. He makes me laugh and it's nice to have something to laugh about right now.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Thanks @lisamwitt.

I'd say 40 or so. But we're several in the house.

Nothing so far.

Chocolate. Cookies. Pasta.

Snails. Eww !! Nope. They look like giant boogers. I've never eaten a single one.

Vittel maybe.

Looking at stuff on my phone. Read.

See friends, going to the restaurant...

France, March 2020.

It depends. I don't think we have all informations about the virus. But I think they're reporting quite accurately. It's the government that is not always very specific.

I won't say.

I tag:
    LiELF Beardedgeek Suceress

Wow, an unexpected tag! Thanks, @Dianesims !

I don't usually fill things like this out, but...why not? I've got some free time, lol. But I must warn you all, I can't answer a simple question with a simple or serious answer. Just ignore my nonsense and make life easier.

1. How many rolls of toilet paper do you have in your house right now? -
    Okay, here's what happened. There we were, down to our last roll. We were desperate. We had gone through our supply casually, thinking we would eventually find some. But the shelves were empty. All empty! And then, just as we had begun to ration the sheets and move the baby wipes within reach, I got a hot tip from a friend in Texas. This led my partner and me to plan a two hour quest on a Saturday to follow said tip. We had mapped a series of obscure stops, to travel by car to remote regions to search. Our first stop was about a quarter of a mile around the corner from our house at a local gas station. We went into the convenient mart and lo! Shining under a golden halo was a healthy supply of bum relief! Right there, in walking distance, all this time! So we bought two weeks' worth, and ended our quest before it had really begun. It was almost disappointing, really. But once home, I was able to find this helpful guide to toilet paper survivability: https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

Epilogue: Whilst out for a daring walk to pick up prescriptions yesterday, I made a random segue into a store to seek out some hand sanitizer. There, in the paper isle, was an employee stocking a shelf with TP! I ran out to quickly grab my partner, who had ventured bravely into the UPS store to send an important package, and together we stole back into the location where he promptly snatched up a single package to last us through the extended quarantine. We also met quietly with a manager about the sanitizer, and must have mentioned the secret password because she informed us on the sly that there was one left in the back, and that she would love an excuse to stand nonchalantly for a few moments on her phone device while sending a minion to fetch it.

Final tally: Seven that I can see, plus one scented, travel-sized, hand sanitizing spray. It appears that my partner has hidden the recent acquisition from yesterday, as it is not where I placed it and I am now preparing for battle. These are dark, apocalyptic times indeed.
    2. Which items have you bought online so far that you would normally not get online? -
    I'd buy almost anything online. Getting packages delivered is like Christmas. It's way too much fun and doesn't feel like spending money! I think I might have a problem. But in these dark days I have refrained, although I very nearly bought the Disney Villainous card game last night. Such temptations!

3. Name 3 food items that you’re obsessed with and hope you never run out of. -
    I don't know that I'm really obsessed with too many food items. But if I'd have to choose, I'd say flavored teas, rum, and the tears of my enemies.

4. Name a food item you would never eat, no matter how bad things get. -
    Mashed potatoes. The texture is all wrong, it's like eating pre-chewed food. Same with mashed squash. *bllleehhhhh*. Look, I'll eat any other kind of tater, okay? But mashed is abominable. Don't judge me, my childhood was traumatic! My mom made me eat it!

5. What’s your favorite brand of bottled water? -
    Generally, I just drink filtered. It doesn't run out. That's right, when everyone else is dying of thirst from water shortage, fighting to the death for the last bottle, I'll be over here like, *glug, glug* ahhh...probably drinking my own pee. We do what we have to to survive.

6. What’s your favorite social isolation activity to do by yourself (other than video games and The Sims forums)? -
    Making playlists for one-person dance parties, obsessively researching how to sew the perfect germ mask, trying to communicate telepathically with my cats to become the feral feline femme fatale of this cataclysmic catastrophe.

7. What was your favorite social activity before the pandemic? -
    Ahh, the good 'ol days way back when life was simple and we hadn't a care in the world. I miss those times. I remember when I used to play tabletop games, get dolled up to go to goth and retro dance nights, goof around in my workplace and meet tourists from all over the world, play pirates, shop for things I don't need... But the thing I miss most is communing with the rivers in the White Mountains of NH and hiking through the magic forests. I'd originally had a plan to do that this weekend, but it occurred to me that I'd have to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at some point in the day, and since using a public restroom probably equates to a vigorous handshake with the virus, the other alternative would be to use nature. Well, I don't know about other ladies, but the idea of grabbing onto loose bark with my knickers around my knees and falling into an anthill kind of kills the fantasy.

8. Which country and state/province/territory/etc. (choose whatever’s applicable) are you in, and what month/year are you filling this out? -
    Captains log: March 26, 2020. While the streets have been empty and unrecognizable and cabin fever sets in, I step outside to wander in my delirious confusion to observe the world around me to make sense of my plight...

Hmm...
    7M7bK3J.jpg

Strange, but not unexpected in these times...
    6QobMic.jpg

How grim. But something pulls at the back of my mind...
    bxWZohh.jpg

Wait a minute, what's that over there?
    IUUGxN8.jpg

Oh no...
    p2DHItE.jpg

I understand now!
    mT0TkXs.jpg

Great googly moogly gracious Gods! I have somehow... some way... been transported into Fallout 4! Strangely, this all makes sense now.

9. When you hear about COVID-19 on the news, do you think they’re exaggerating (making the virus sound worse than it is), playing it down (making it sound like things are better than they actually are right now), or reporting accurately? -
    News?! Accuracy?! Darn it, man! I'm stuck in a Fallout 4 video game!

10. A witch has granted you a protective spell that you may cast on one and only one celebrity to make them immune to the virus. Who do you cast the spell on and why? -
    One? One?! Witches come in droves here! They're all Witches! Is this some nefarious plot? What do I have to do to get on the list?! Dance skyclad under a full moon?! Done! Choose me!! I have toilet paper!!

*Dives into ritual circle, holding high the exalted package of luscious, white, fluffy rolls of heaven.*

*Also holds up hand sanitizer.*

*Defeated and exhausted, exchanges hard-earned precious magic items for self-preservation. Sobs.*

The day goes on.

The circle starts again...

Tagging @Babykittyjade , @Simmingal , @SimTrippy
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the tag @elanorbreton.

a dozen, I have a bidet too so I'll be ok

Animal Crossing on digital

Sourdough bread, chocolate, and almonds

Mushrooms

Kirkland

Reading especially mystery books

Doing letter writing with friends and cooking with them.

United States, Oregon, March 2020

I didn't think they were exaggerating but some of the silly suggestions like using leaves were spreading false information like only the elderly being infected. I was expecting things to get worst worldwide after the UN declared peace and security. Things have been getting worst since I joined forums worldwide and I keep track of the news and world events and natural disasters. They are more publicized now than they were when I was growing up. I've worked in health care for the state so I know how fast illnesses can spread.

Jennifer Garner probably because not only has she donated money but she does fun and educational programs for kids during this outbreak.

Now tagging some people who haven't been tagged yet that I admire for their posts:
    @JoAnne65 @Elliandre @ChuChuExpress
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Scobre.
    My answers are on page 1
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Scobre.
    My answers are on page 1
    Oh sorry, a bit tired today. I'll have to read them now. :) Ok I enjoyed your answers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    No worries!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thank for tag :o

I have not counted but I think there is around 10 - 15 rolls
    None. I don't online shop much normally either and I haven't reached that type of emergency
    3. Name 3 food items that you’re obsessed with and hope you never run out of
    Icecream, cheesepuffs... but on serious note some good filling foods are needed more than what I am obsessed with
    so i hope I don't run out of those p_p
    4. Name a food item you would never eat, no matter how bad things get
    Crabs, Lobsters... foods that look like bugs or their long lost undersea cousin.
    tap water is fine where i live so I don't drink bottled water so like idk
    Watching many many tv series and movies, eating ridiculous amounts of snacks,
    stalking birds and other wildlife outside my window (their life is more dramatic than mine)
    doodling random things, listening to some good old 80s jams (and ruining them with some karaoke)...
    I socially isolate myself even without pandemic. so idk o_o
    I guess going to movies, trift shops or libraries counts for those are public places and I am not allowed to go
    or maybe just sitting in same room with bunch of other human not minding each other was kinda fancy
    Finland, somewhere between forests and fields, March 2020.
    I think as for virus they are reporting correctly
    but I'd rather hear some positive news in between than keep listening to people dying everywhere
    constant talk about doom and gloom makes people panic
    Do simgurus count as celebs? if so I shall cast it on them so I can have games and stuffs

but really if i had such spell I'd just cast it on my family ._. celebs would not even cross my mind

Tagging: @Gordy @jadonbakes @MaggieMarley
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    Fun Pandemic Survey by Queen of Myshuno
    make this survey go viral by tagging 3 people on the forums that you admire when you fill it out

maybe a doze

Drink mix for water. I've never bought that before, but the store was out.

Really...I only have one, cheese, preferably cheddar. Everything is better with cheese.

oysters

Smart Water

I like listening to audiobooks. I'm currently relistening to the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

D&D with friends every Tuesday night

United States, Texas - March 2020

I don't believe people are taking it seriously enough. I think its survivable, but we don't have the resources to handle the number of cases that is possible.

Matt Mercer - Seeing talent, humility and a desire to give back in one person is such a rarity.
    @LiELF Your quest for toilet paper story cracked me up. 🤣
  • DrBanksDrBanks Posts: 8 New Member

Clothes

Ice Cream, Totinos, and Sparkling Ice Water.

Goat cheese or any white cheese ever.

Dasani?

Swimming in my pool. (I just got a heater for it.)

School.

United States, North Carolina, April 2nd 2020.

I feel like they are exaggerating. I don't know. Honestly, I am sick of hearing about the death tolls and president trump and all the bad things. I just feel angry every time I hear it mentioned on the news. I just want them to shut up about it. And I know that's not really going to solve anything, but I'm dealing with it in my own way. :(

Markiplier, because he is continuing to make content for people on YouTube even though he can't leave his house and it's obvious he's running out of ideas. I appreciate it :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @LiELF Your quest for toilet paper story cracked me up. 🤣

My humor is all I have right now. Ha. Haha.

*StrangerVille grin*
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sorry yall I'm too lazy to type all of that 🤣🤣🤣 it's so hard typing on my phone with this touch screen. But reading these responses gave me a good laugh. And 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 @LiELF toilet paper adventure.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    DrBanks wrote: »
    Goat cheese or any white cheese ever.

Did you know that all cheeses are white? They just put coloring into the orange ones. Also, you’re right about goat cheese—it’s disgusting. 🙃