Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    City Living as I didn't enjoy it at all. The singing skill irritated the hell outta me!

I don't regret Spa Day though as it does wonders for sims.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Hands down Discovery University !
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't regret buying any, but I reget paying full price for Island Living.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I regret buying City Living for full price as it is the only one that I had bought at launch. I purchase content for what I believe each is worth, so much of the packs were bought at a reduced price or gifted. Most of the stuff packs were bought for between $2.50 to $5, game packs bought for $10 to $15, and a majority of the expansion packs were bought for $20 to $25. There are things I very much dislike from all the packs, which is why I never will pay full price.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2020
    Basically anything that I didn't buy on sale.
    Except DU. I bought DU for full price and I don't regret a single penny.

P.S. I am a frugal.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    D.U. is the only pack I ever bought and regret. I haven't used ANY of it's features since 2 days after launch, except that one sim I have in the law career. That 30$ sim.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Laundry Day only because you get still get over dried clothes even when you have fully upgraded the washer and dryer. You should only get pristine, cozy, or scented if you fully upgraded in my opinion. But I do like a lot of build and cas from it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Get Famous and Go to Work. GTW because i don't use anything from it. I bought it for the retail system, but not being able to run a business at home has made me not use it at all. GF simply because fame gets anoying over time.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited March 2020
    Honestly.. Strangerville.

The world itself is very small and only serves a purpose for the storyline if you choose to do it.

The CAS items are forgettable and not my style. The objects are all very strange and look out of place outside the world. The storyline is also only fun the first time you do it. It lacks replayability, which is my main problem.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    jungle adventure. i've had it for two years now and i have played it exactly zero (0) times.

the cas items are admittedly pretty good though, i guess. i just don't think i paid the right price for it.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I only regret buying a couple for near full price but I actually tend to use most features. I guess the closest one to "regret" is Strangerville but I *sometimes* use an object or feature from it. I gave up on the story when I got to The Mother. I just am not interested enough to finish it. Maybe I'll randomly get inspiration during a play session.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Vampires. It's not for me.

Also I regret pre-ordering Get Famous, even though I enjoy the pack. Not long after release did it go on sale and thinking back I really could have stood the wait.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't regret any completely, but I regret buying Seasons before Get Together. I bet Windenberg was nice when it wasn't constantly raining or freezing.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Nah. My least favorite pack is "City Living," and I got that as a gift. The packs I've actually bought, I've actually carefully thought about the pros and cons of getting, so I have no regrets. I just wish that leveling magic was a little more fun...but, at least I've got magic...finally...NOW WHERE'S MY WEREWOLVES, EA!!!! DX<
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I don't necessarily "regret" buying any packs I own... it's more like a feeling of should've waited until they were on sale, as opposed to buying them at full price. So far, there's not a single Sims pack I've bought that I truly regret. It's the price I paid for it that ends up biting me later... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t regret buying any of them. They have all been worth the money to me. Each pack is different and adds more gameplay, clothes, hairstyles or objects that I like, some a bit more than others. I haven’t yet got into Discover University or Tiny homes yet, ( though I own all the packs) and have not played realm of magic much ( it wasn’t quite what I expected). I am taking a sims break. I have been playing stardew valley since Christmas. What I am really waiting for is real babies, a Farming Expansion (with farm animals), Cars, more Romance, wedding, and Vacation packs, more small animals, A hobbies pack, more things for children, teens and Elders, Likes and dislikes, horoscopes (and similar updates) and some more active jobs with work places like Get Together had. I would like to see all of these things for sure A color wheel and patterns for furniture and clothes would really, get me back into the game too.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I don’t really regret getting any of the packs, but considering that I almost never get to use Spooky Stuff, i could probably have lived without that one :p
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Get Famous. The BB is nice, but I can easily live without it. Thankfully I got it half off.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    There are none that I regret getting. I should have waited for a sale instead of getting some of them on release day though 😬
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Totally regret Strangerville. Not too happy with Vampires either, but I find some stuff useful.

Do you mind elaborating why? I recently was considering buying strangerville just to get a new world to build in but I'm on the fence. Is it really bad?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Seasons. More trouble than it's worth. At least I waited for a 50% sale to minimize the damage. De-activated the beast. Not buy is the best option.

I disagree. Seasons completely changed how I build buildings in the game. Having a virtual perfect summer day all the time was ok, but seasons really got my thinking more realistically. Like don't put the toddler beds outside just to get them out of the way, heh! Then it starts snowing or raining. :D

My builds are taken from actual plans (usually Voctorian) so rug rats are defacto taken care of. I quickly got fed up with the constant darkness regardless of season, the continual rain or snow depending on said season, and the havoc it wrought on my sims' 'farms'. Many of them have massive gardens of all sorts of things, which brings in a tidy income and plenty of fresh produce. Without seasons, that is. Got rid of the thing well before the mass simacides so often reported.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i somewhat regretted Seasons at first, only because it changes the game so entirely and it took a while to adjust to it. i didn't immediately love it like it immediately loved City Living, Dine Out, and Outdoor Retreat. but now that i've had it for a while i'm used to it, and i can't live without weather and holidays in my game. i can understand why you don't like it @Oldeseadogge
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I currently have everything except Parenthood and Moschino Stuff and I can't say I actually regret getting any of them. There are certainly some I could live without, and maybe a few I wouldn't miss much if they were taken out, but for the most part, I've found something from every pack that I've used at one time or another. Some packs were bought on sale, some at full price, and I even won a code for a couple. So I think my purchases are well balanced.

One of the things that I think is exciting about the Sims games is that there are always new things coming out that expand and refresh the game so that it's always growing and changing.

I think that if the base game got some hefty updates where they're needed, the packs would all increase in value because the game would be generally more enjoyable.
    #Team Occult
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Outdoor Retreat. I love the concept but always get bored within 4 minutes of sending Sims there. Even worse for me is that I always forget it is boring, look forward to sending Sims there, only to once again be reminded what a snoozefest it is.

I started using some of the BB items for outdoor beer gardens; I do enjoy it for that!