Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
Are there any packs you just can't wrap your head around as to why you even bought them? I especially feel like that towards all stuff packs except bowling night. With the exception of the latter, I don't really use any of them in my game. As for expansions, I use all of them, though I rarely have pets in my home and wouldn't really miss Cats and Dogs if I've never got it. As for gamepacks, I kinda regret buying OR because it's just boring to play. Parenthood also just annoys me because the character values for toddlers, kids and teens are just a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for me at this point, as well as all these unrealistic mood swings teens have.

Which packs do you regret buying and why?
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
Post edited by Huiiie_07 on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I kind of regret the Diesel pack for TS3, which I bought solely because I was desperate for more flattering male undies. :D

I have been a lot pickier in TS4, and while I am sure Marketing would rather I blindly buy everything they publish, I have never been less than absolutely enchanted with the packs I have.
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    I regretted TS3 Supernatural - but only because I hated how many Zombies kept showing up on my property
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Totally regret Strangerville. Not too happy with Vampires either, but I find some stuff useful.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    None so far. Though I haven't bought, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, or Discover University yet. Ones that seem to cause the most anxiety from what I've read here in the forum are Parenthood and Discover University. Though, I would get DU first before C&D. (Probably)

As for the stuff packs, they add little things that are nice to the game, so no regrets there. I particularly like the one that gives you the butler. My guess is that Moschino is the worst though.

For Game packs, I have Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, and Outdoor retreat. I really like JA and OR, especially the stuff that comes with them. Like off-the-grid build stuff and items. Spa day, I recently got. It's meh, but still seems ok. I do like the new build items in it.

I have Bowling Night, but really haven't done anything with it yet other than use the cloths and a few items in a few households.

I think with the packs going on sale frequently I've been getting them too fast. Rather than one or two, then learning the twists and new stuff in them over time. I mean, I haven't even played Windenburg yet, other than using that tiny middle of nowhere lot to upload something to the gallery.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I actually totally forgot to mention Spa Day in my op. Never use this pack either, maybe that's why I forgot it :D

I like to build stuff
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    ooh, tough question. I mostly regret Vampires, except for the CAS items.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    Laundry Day! It causes more work than enjoyment for sure!
    glory_joy wrote: »
    Laundry Day! It causes more work than enjoyment for sure!

Yes! Especially since doing laundry requires so many extra steps that weren't in previous games

I like to build stuff
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    gtw and gf
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Get to work I don’t like it, never use the careers, retail, cas and only use a few bb items. Luckily I got it with a gift card but now looking back I wish I had got 3 stuff packs instead
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I actually totally forgot to mention Spa Day in my op. Never use this pack either, maybe that's why I forgot it :D

I don't regret getting Spa Day. Heh! It has many really neet build items. Like the waterfall window. Which honestly is what attracted my attention to it.

As for laundry day? As long as you don't put any washing machines etc... in the household, you don't have to 'grind' the laundry. Only reason I decided to get it. If it was forced, then I'd delete it. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited March 2020
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Totally regret Strangerville. Not too happy with Vampires either, but I find some stuff useful.

I'm curious, why do you regret getting Strangerville? I've been sitting on the fence (metaphorically) trying to decide if I should still get it or not. Originally, when I was new to Sims 4, it seemed one of the most interesting.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Strangerville, now that I think on it. I want to play in that neighborhood/world, but can't cause the whole infected stuff annoys me and I don't want to have to stop that every time I start a save just so I can have Sims live there...
    Strangerville, now that I think on it. I want to play in that neighborhood/world, but can't cause the whole infected stuff annoys me and I don't want to have to stop that every time I start a save just so I can have Sims live there...

I've been thinking the same lately. I started a new save and thought about moving a family to Strangerville, but I really don't want to play through the whole adventure again. When it came out, I actually expected there being an option to disable the strangerville storyline and was even more surprised when I found out there isn't.

I like to build stuff
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Seasons. More trouble than it's worth. At least I waited for a 50% sale to minimize the damage. De-activated the beast. Not buy is the best option.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    For a while I kind of regretted buying Seasons (I got it during the Christmas sale) because it was always either raining or snowing, and always bleak. But, since Seasons has some of the best clothing in the game - I bit the bullet and just use cheats to make it perpetually springtime and sunny :)

Oh I and Get to Work bothered me for a bit when I discovered that it was from that pack that my sims were constantly getting sick (like 2-3 times in one day), so now I give my sims the sickness resistance perk and load them up with 100 bottles of medicine.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think Parenthood is my least fave. The content is probably fine, but I hate the pop up advises. It ruins my video making as the picture will freeze until I click on the popup - and the next. And the advising has no effect on my kids' traits anyway, it's very rare those values go all red or all green anyway (I have to cheat if I want those trait added). I wish every child would get ONE extra trait when growing up, the one with the highest/lowest value even if not being almost full.

I like that Season brought different weather for different worlds. You just won't move to BB unless you like staying indoor :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

Oh, wow. There isn't a save or a household where I don't use Spa Day content/gameplay extensively. Stack up on Focus, Inspiration or Energized moods with Yoga, or risk a housefire and light some incense. Spa Day was my first Game Pack, after my sis gifted me Perfect Patio because she felt I needed hot tubs. Once I had them, I felt I needed saunas and massage tables, too. The Wellness skill was a pleasant surprise but has become a mainstay, and is my favorite way to keep my Sims fit.

OTyAwyG.png

Sure, Eloy swims a lot. But he also eats a lot of kalua pork. Gotta keep that figure trim! And Focus really was a huge help in progressing Logic skill at a pace with the demands of his career. And I get to watch my hunky dude move his bod in entertaining ways. Win/win. ;)
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Definitely Get Famous... also Get To Work and Luxury stuff or whatever that pack is called. Vintage glamour maybe? Those three I actually bought. I never even got Strangerville, no resort packs, not dine out, no other stuff packs other than toddler stuff, because I don't want to give EA money. The packs aren't good enough for the prince they sell them for. They are basically all just watered down and dried out versions of TS2 and 3's packs. Apartments, fame and vampires literally all came together in TS3's "Late night" or whatever it was called... City life? You know which one I'm talking about. Out of all the packs I've actually bought I'd say... Seasons is the only one I truly feel was worth the money (got it 50% off).

Yes, I am totally aware of how negative I sound, haha. Sorry.
    Seasons. More trouble than it's worth. At least I waited for a 50% sale to minimize the damage. De-activated the beast. Not buy is the best option.

I disagree. Seasons completely changed how I build buildings in the game. Having a virtual perfect summer day all the time was ok, but seasons really got my thinking more realistically. Like don't put the toddler beds outside just to get them out of the way, heh! Then it starts snowing or raining. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I find something to like about every pack, even if it's just one object. My least favourite though? Probably the Fitness pack.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I don't regret any of the packs I've bought, since I use at least one or two things from all of them. But I do think my least used pack is Strangerville. It's not that I regret buying it, but like some others have said I wish there was a way to disable the storyline so you could have your sims live there without having to complete it with every new save.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I can't say I regret buying any of them, its more some features are annoying and makes me wish there were more opt-out options. Pack specific whims are the most annoying, like the "Buy a Bee Box", especially for a sim that doesn't have a garden or a single point in gardening, or even the space to PLACE the blasted Bee Box. Makes me want to fill a room with Bee Boxes, and put that sim in there with the door locked. Try bonding with the bees NOW, sack of pixels!
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I can't say I regret buying any of them, its more some features are annoying and makes me wish there were more opt-out options. Pack specific whims are the most annoying, like the "Buy a Bee Box", especially for a sim that doesn't have a garden or a single point in gardening, or even the space to PLACE the blasted Bee Box. Makes me want to fill a room with Bee Boxes, and put that sim in there with the door locked. Try bonding with the bees NOW, sack of pixels!

:D:D:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png