Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chopstick/Knitting Needles Bun from Sims 2

I've seen a comment on youtube talking about this hairstyle from Sims 2, and I thought that it would be perfect in our knitting pack.
MTS_wicca_gal-410841-hair_1.jpg
This one is a recolor from MTS, but the mesh is that one. I hope we get something like that with a chopstick swatch and a knitting needles swatch. Our asian sims need more stuff, and it would be amazing for our knitters as well.

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Knitting needles, sure, if you like. But I think the devs probably know that sticking food utensils in hair is considered gross most anywhere, and that the styling implements Westerners mistook for chopsticks, weren't.

Hair sticks, knitting needles, sure. :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Nushnushganay I'm not asian, but I've seen a couple of japanese movies/animes and sometimes they do use chopsticks in their hair. But I don't think they use the one they use to eat, of course.
    portrait-chinese-girl-traditional-dress-600w-226968034.jpg
    Anyway, for this pack I think knitting needles are more suitable.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited March 2020
    Right...they aren't chopsticks if they aren't used to eat with. They aren't called the same thing, it was just people who didn't know the difference calling them that, that started the idea that they stick chopsticks in their hair. Knitting needles as hair sticks, does sound like a pack-specific idea.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Nushnushganay I'm not asian, but I've seen a couple of japanese movies/animes and sometimes they do use chopsticks in their hair. But I don't think they use the one they use to eat, of course.

Anyway, for this pack I think knitting needles are more suitable.

Those aren't chopsticks, They're wooden hair pins. They're sometimes called chopstick pins because they resemble chopsticks, but they're not actually chopsticks.

That said, a style of a messy bun with knitting needles sticking through it would be a fun addition to the pack.
  • SweetKarma13SweetKarma13 Posts: 11 New Member
    Love the idea. :)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes that would be awesome!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    We have a simular hairstyle in City Living.