Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unbelievable Sims 2

Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 2
I finally got Sims 2 to work on my Windows 10 computer without constantly crashing. I’ve been playing about a week and all I can say is WOW!!! Sims 2 is just unbelievably great! I love it!! This is what The Sims is supposed to be! The Sims 3 is a great game, but TS2 blows it out of the water. And can you imagine going from The Sims 4 to The Sims 2? Kinda like Dorothy stepping out of the house into The Land of Oz!!! Long live Sims 2!

Edited title and moved to The Sims 2 area. ~Rtas
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
Post edited by Destin2016 on

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Nottttt sure this is the best place to post this...
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 2 is far superior to sims 4.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Now you know why my go-to Sims game is TS2. Like the difference between a 64-72 muscle car and a Yugo.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    The Sims 2 is the ultimate Sims game. It has some annoyances that can be fixed with mods, patches, and expansions, but it's by far the most fun.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    I agree, it's the best they have ever made
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I already have my 2 game set up to my liking (well mostly-) but then suddenly decided to check for new mods/CC and the like and I am staggered at the new mods/CC that has come out since I last checked so it has been several days spending some time each on a downloading spree lol Everytime I go back to 2 to play I can just sit and watch the animations alone for the longest time before even starting to play properly again :)
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I've played it again not so long ago, and it kept me entertained for weeks; after 15 years I still found ways to refine the way I used to play, and the premades are still so remarkable...
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Plus, the mods and CC available making customizing your game so satisfying!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I just wish babies were less born with weird facial structure... it happened a lot when i was playing sims2 :(
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I think if they could combine sims 2 and sims 4 completely WOW what a game that would be. I'd pay good money for that. Also, I need HELP , in sims 2 i started with a teenager. From day 1 my goal was to make her a werewolf. I never stoped looking for the wolf. Every time he came out i sent her out. One third into her teen years he stopped coming until her adult years (Half over). She is now 2 days from aging to elder and is at 100% on both lines, max green on both. Still NO BITE!!!!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 2 is still the best game of the series. I have tried Sims 3 and 4 but I can't sit and play those 2 like I can with Sims 2. There are just too many differences between the 3 games that make Sims 2 my go-to game.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes TS2 was and always will be pure magic ♥️ Some of the very best parts of my childhood were spent marvelling over that game. I'll never forget how amazed I was opening it the very first time.. so, all that's left to say is: enjoy!!!!!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I finally got Sims 2 to work on my Windows 10 computer without constantly crashing. I’ve been playing about a week and all I can say is WOW!!! Sims 2 is just unbelievably great! I love it!! This is what The Sims is supposed to be! The Sims 3 is a great game, but TS2 blows it out of the water. And can you imagine going from The Sims 4 to The Sims 2? Kinda like Dorothy stepping out of the house into The Land of Oz!!! Long live Sims 2!

Edited title and moved to The Sims 2 area. ~Rtas[/quote

That's a wonderful analogy: Dorothy steping out of the house! Love it!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    is there any way to change the resolution? when I launch my sims 2 game it takes only the middle of the screen, and I can't see their needs WITH their wants and fears, it's always one or the other...

-Yarden.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    is there any way to change the resolution? when I launch my sims 2 game it takes only the middle of the screen, and I can't see their needs WITH their wants and fears, it's always one or the other...

Yes.

https://simscommunity.info/2016/04/27/the-sims-2-setting-up-the-resolution-windowed-mode-smooth-edges-sim-shadows/
  • HardingL2020HardingL2020 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! Obviously with certain things in play right now, looking to keep myself occupied and as you all agree, Sims 2 is definitely the superior product. I have a newer laptop (bought in 2015) with no CDRom.... do I need to buy a CDRom accessory along with the discs? Just trying to figure out how to play!
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    @HardingL2020 Hi, you’re gonna have to have some kind of disk drive to install the disks. With a laptop, it will have to be an external drive, I guess. Are you sure your laptop can handle it? Be sure and check the game requirements against your laptop specs.🙂
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • HardingL2020HardingL2020 Posts: 2 New Member
    yeah no way my laptop can handle that, I appreciate your response!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sims 2 is far superior to sims 4.

YES...so MUCH better <3
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hi! Obviously with certain things in play right now, looking to keep myself occupied and as you all agree, Sims 2 is definitely the superior product. I have a newer laptop (bought in 2015) with no CDRom.... do I need to buy a CDRom accessory along with the discs? Just trying to figure out how to play!

You can buy a USB CDRom drive <3.
  • GenBumbleBeeGenBumbleBee Posts: 1 New Member
    im srry for making a post like this but i cant NOT make my own thread and idk why... i cant get my Sims 2 resolution fixed no matter what i do. i only got it to work using a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 18+ patch :/ witch really isnt what i want to do to play sims 2 at 720p (the screen rez of my Lenovo X140e) smooth edges also will not ungray itself no matter what i do. why cant the sims dev make a patch it fix this crap?

as u can see in this video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGhY8No-wA&feature=youtu.be
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2020
    I could play once this year. After one of the update of windows that definitively broke it even without cc. I loved the details of the animations compared to the sims 3 and sims 4. :'( When my simself played a computer game she inserted the cd rom on the tower oh that was awesome !!!
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • thekindalilsimmerthekindalilsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    honestly, I agree with you I started playing the sims with the sims 4 and I can say that although there's still a lot of problems te sims 2 is the best I've played of the franchise