Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5000 SimPoints to Give Away! Please Post Your Wishlists!

Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
To anyone reading this in late 2021 (I'm editing this on November 5th), I still have a bunch of Points and am looking to Gift! Please see my latest updated post regarding that here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18000357/#Comment_18000357

Please ignore all the stuff about my points expiring and all that below. This is an ongoing Gifting thread! :smiley:

Happy Simming! :smile:

Begin old/oudated post:

Hello all!

I hope that there are still some Simmers out there who need/want free goodies from the Sims 3 Store!

I happen to be sitting on a decent amount of SimPoints (5,133 of them, to be precise) and desperately need to give them away as fast as possible. I just checked my purchase history and it turns out that I bought these points on March 26th, 2018. I'm pretty sure that means that they expire here in about a week (two years) and that would be horrible because I know they could be put to great use. I have no idea where the time went. I've barely even had time to play the game with all the Store stuff I bought yet...

So if you love the Sims 3 and are want some Stuff, please post and let me know!

If you're willing to do any of the following, even better:
1. Write a 5,000 page dissertation on why you deserve the points!
2. Dance a jig!
3. Create some Sims for me! I have a list of celebrities I'd love to have, but totally fail every time I try to create them myself :(
4. Something else fun and/or cool! I really have no idea because I waited too long and thought I'd have more time to think up stuff!

Anyway, I hope anyone reading this knows I'm joking (though number 3 would be cool...).

I really hope that these points don't go to waste!

Hope everyone is doing well! I look forward to seeing some Wishlists and Happy Simming!
Post edited by Symb10sis on

Comments

• Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    2. Do I have to prove I danced a jig, or is my word enough ;)
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Coley666,
    LOL!

Unless you happen to have proof, then I suppose I'll take your word for it!

Now I'm getting worried that these points are gonna go to waste. No one's replied with a Wishlist or anything yet. :(

I wish I'd done this much sooner. Like a year ago or whenever I completed my collection.

Or maybe everyone who wants to own the Store already does. I don't know. I feel stupid.

Thanks for the laugh! :)
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    Don't know what else to suggest. Are you on any of the groups on facebook, might be a better place to get the responses?
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
    edited March 2020
    @Coley666
    No, I try my best to stay away from Facebook. If you happen to be a member, please direct people here! :)

I was expecting at least a couple people to chime in here. I have enough points to gift away a world or venues or, well, pretty much anything. I know there have to be people out there who would love to have something.

Do you think posting in another section/board would help? Most forums frown on creating multiple threads...

Edit - Changed the title of the Thread to try to attract attention.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    have you gone through your friends to see if they have items on their wish lists?
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Hi @Symb10sis and everyone! I'd REALLY love to get sth from my Wishlist :)

If possible I'd like to get a World or a Venue..
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sally_thesims

Thanks if you chose to gift me! Happy Simming!
    edited March 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2,
    Sorry for the delay.
    I sadly don't have any friends on here because I'm not active enough :(
    I came around for awhile a couple of years ago (and for a brief while a decade ago, lol), but then life happened and I didn't have much time for the Sims themselves, let alone a forum for them. I want to be around more and start playing again though!

@Sally_
    Sorry for the delay to you as well.
    I'm so glad someone replied with a Wishlist! :smiley:
    I'll Gift you all of my points if no else appears in the next day or two!
    Please let me know what you want the most off of your list!

I have 5,113 SimPoints to give away, which is enough to buy:
    a) Two worlds and some smaller items
    b) A world, venue and a bunch of smaller stuff.
    c) Three venues as long as at least one of them is the 1,539 SimPoints cost, along with maybe some items.
    If it were me, I'd go for Lucky Palms (I haven't played there, but I've heard tons of good things) and the Business as Usual Bistro. I love cooking in the Sims 3 though, so I'm biased toward the latter. Then small stuff, lol.
    Or maybe I'd go for the Bistro, the Al Fresco Market (again, food and cooking) and The Retreat (or maybe Early Learning Center, but I usually play as young adults).
    Thankfully I don't have to decide though, it's up to you :)

Do you actively play the game? Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've just always wanted these points to go to someone who loves The Sims 3, so I hope that's the case! Even if you're just a casual player though, I'm still really happy that they'll get some use :)

Sorry I went on forever here.

I look forward to hearing what you want!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Would it be alright if I linked a couple friends' wishlists for you?
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Post your wishlist's, receive a gift. @Symb10sis
    That's the threat were simmers have put their wish list, I gifted my leftover point there. I hope it helps.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Hi @Symb10sis ! If you still have points, I have a couple of items on my wishlist that I'd love to have, especially the crystall ball. Thank you!!!

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=crocobaura
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    If you still have points, anything you'd like to send would be much appreciated, even if it's something small. Thanks!

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=brandontaylor615
    edited March 2020
    Everyone,
    First, I'm so glad to finally get multiple responses! Thank you all! I never thought it would be this hard to give away Store stuff. These posts came right in time too!

And before anyone complains, I know I'm overly wordy! I can't write a post that isn't a short book. Sorry. :smiley:

Second, I plan on giving these points out tomorrow because that's the final day I feel is safe before EA may take them away. They (I think) expire 2 years after purchase and according to my bank, the transaction went through on 3/26/2018. At least they used to expire at that time; I can't seem to find out whether that's still true (EA's sites don't mention it anymore that I can find) but don't want to risk it. I had a couple thousand points disappear on me back in 2014 or so because I had to take a hiatus from the game and forgot about them.

Third, please name the exact items you want the most from your Wishlists if you don't mind! That'll make the math easier for me when I decide who gets what! Not doing so won't preclude you getting a gift or anything, but it would be really helpful for me! :smile: I know what I'd want, but everyone's playstyle is different.

If your Wishlist is already in order from "I want this really bad" to "I'd kinda like this," then just let me know that! :smile:

@Sally_ ,
    I'm still waiting to hear from you! No matter what, I'll gift you something. You're technically first in line here! I obviously can't give you everything anymore and sincerely apologize if I got your hopes up. I seriously didn't think anyone else was ever going to post when I wrote to you. It was always my hope to spread the points around some (although the idea of just giving one person a whole ton of stuff sounded kinda fun too :smile: ), so that's what I'm gonna do. I hope you understand.

Anyway, hope you get this and reply!

@suzses ,
    Of course! Please go right ahead! :smiley:
    Just please tell them to post here with the items they want the most (especially if they have long Wishlists) like I just wrote above if possible! Or ask them if you can and include that with the links yourself. Whatever works. Thanks! I really want to help out my fellow Simmers, so if it's not possible and you just post the lists, I'll still throw 'em some Stuff :)

@Omaira ,
    Thanks for the idea!
    I just assumed that was someone else's thread for their gifting. Perhaps I should have taken more time reading. This forum seems to move slow and I was/am worried about gifting to someone random who may not even be around anymore...

@crocobaura ,
    You got it. Like I said, I'll be doing the actual gifting tomorrow, but since you're the first person to name an exact item they want, it'll be yours :) Looking at your Wishlist, I think I'll be able to do both of those, but want to wait until I see if more people chime in! I'd like to spread these points around and hope you understand.
    [Edit: It won't let me gift the Romanza Ceremony + Reception at all because it's "On sale". There's not even a button to do so. Sigh. Gotta love EA sometimes. The last thing they said about the broken sales pages on the Store was that they were definitely going to fix it. That was in 2016. If there's anything else you want/need, please add it!]

@Brandontaylor ,
    Please let me know which items you want the most out of your list! Like I've written above, that makes it easier for me to make sure that everyone (and I'm so darn happy that there's an "Everyone" now, lol) gets exactly what they want. I just took a look at your list and, like with crocobaura, I may be able to do quite a bit of it. :smile:

Thanks everyone! :smiley:
    This is scary!

I just tried gifting @crocobaura the Crystal Ball (tomorrow came early for one gift, lol) and the Store malfunctioned. I hit "Submit" and it seemed like it was gonna do something, but then took me to a blank page instead. Gifting failed. :(

I tried 3 times. I still have my points, thankfully.

If anyone knows anything about this or how to get around it, that would be greatly appreciated!
    @Symb10sis Hmm, not sure what would cause that. I haven’t really messed with the store too much but did use my redeemed points back when I registered my games. As for my wishlist, I’ll have to look real quick and get back to you in a bit.
    @Symb10sis Okay, if you can, either the Crystal Ball or the Blossom Twist hairstyle would be my choice. I’ve been playing witches lately and have heard the Crystal Ball helps them level the spell casting skill faster.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    @Symb10sis I received the crystall ball. Thank you so much!!!! Regarding the Romanza Ceremony + Reception set, I have now added the items individually to my wishlist, if you still have spare points.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @suzses ,
    Of course! Please go right ahead! :smiley:
    Just please tell them to post here with the items they want the most (especially if they have long Wishlists) like I just wrote above if possible! Or ask them if you can and include that with the links yourself. Whatever works. Thanks! I really want to help out my fellow Simmers, so if it's not possible and you just post the lists, I'll still throw 'em some Stuff :)

@Symb10sis Thanks for your response. I checked my friends' wishlists and discovered that one no longer has anything on hers, and the other two I was thinking of don't appear to be playing, so I don't think it makes sense to try to gift them right now. It looks like you have some takers on your offer now anyway. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    If you're still gifting things, could you get the automatic pet-feeder. https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=deskita
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Dear @Symb10sis sorry that I didn'r reply before. I fully understand that you want to gift more people :)

I assume you cannot gift a World (Lucky Palms) or a Venue (Bistrot or Retreat) anymore..
    If not, I understand, then I'd like to get sth cheap from my wishlist (items worth 25 sp or 45 sp) as I'm currently working on Indian Collection. Anyway any item of your choice would be nice. Thank You! Happy simming!
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sally_thesims
    edited March 2020
    Hello all again!

Yes, I still have (almost all) of the SimPoints! And yes, the Gifts are still coming very soon!

I finally managed to find EA's policy on SimPoint expiration and it turns out that I (hopefully) panicked over nothing. It turns out that Points only expire if the balance hasn't changed for 2 years, so I should be okay for some time. It also means that EA ripped me off all those years ago :angry:

This is extremely lucky because I'm dealing with some personal issues today and don't really have time to figure this all out. I would have made time, but this is just way better. I should have time tomorrow to go over all of your replies, reply myself to those replies and hopefully gift at least some stuff.

As a consolation prize for making you all wait a little bit longer, please have a cookie! :cookie:

edited March 2020
    Oh! This is way off-topic, but in case anyone hasn't seen these before, please check out these threads on how to own entire sets/compilations (and even The Store) for pretty darn cheap! Following all of this allowed me to own it all for FAR less than I ever thought possible!
    Daily Deal Rotation and More Information than Anyone Could Possibly Ever Need on How to Own The Store (Courtesy of Me1620)
    Cascades! The Ultimate Way to Own The Store! (Courtesy of LadybugLeslie)

I'd highly recommend using both of these for deciding what to put in your Wishlists and also what to buy if you have your own SimPoints! Treynutz rocked my world a few years ago with these threads and I'm always trying to pay it forward! :smiley:

I seriously didn't have time for this, but oh well. Always gotta write a darn book...
  • Koolkat197Koolkat197 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi there! First off, I think it's really cool and sweet of you to do such a thing <3
    If you can, the main thing I'd like to get is the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. If not I understand; anything else from the wishlist is perfectly fine <3
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Koolkat197
  • sara4562sara4562 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi! It's amazing what you are doing.
    What I would like the most is midnight hollow but I know that is a lot to ask; anything from my wishlist would make me really happy :smile:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sara4562
    edited March 2020
    Hello all!

Just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know that I'm working out the math on how to distribute these points as best as I can. I don't want to bring negativity to such a place as this, but I had a personal crisis the past couple of days which has just now thankfully resolved. I'm so relieved that I learned my Points aren't expiring soon because that would've been a nightmare.

I'm excited that there are more and more people coming along :smile: , though now I'm at the point where I wish I had more SimPoints to give away. I started out with too many and no one to give them to and now want to give everything to everyone but don't have enough. I guess that's life :smiley:

Sadly, venues and worlds are looking like they're out of the question. If your Wishlist contains only large items, please add in more smaller or medium-sized (a few hundred SimPoints or so maybe) ones if you want them! Small ones are probably more likely to get Gifted, even though the math on those is gonna drive me up the wall. Dividing up 5000 SimPoints 40 Points at a time. :lol: I'm not sure yet.

As always, when you post, please name the exact items you want the most from your Wishlist. If you can, make a mixture of small (feel free to include a bunch of these), medium and even maybe large items (just in case and can't hurt), because that will make it much easier for me to decide what to give you and ensure you get something you love.

In the end, I truly hope that everyone ends up getting something(s) cool and that they really want, even if it's not exactly what they were hoping for! :smile:

Sorry again that I can't afford the big-ticket items without excluding most of you from getting anything and that this has taken me longer than I'd expected. I hope to be done with all this in the next day or two.

Happy Simming! :smiley:

edited March 2020
    OH! And I'm totally bummed that not a single person danced a jig :( Or even lied and said that they did. It was in the first posts here people! Gotta pay attention if you want the Goods. :smiley:

Maybe I'll just buy myself a Gold version of a World that I already own the world and associated Venue to, like Sunlit Tides or Aurora Skies and say forget you people :naughty:

:smiley: