Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly Things I've Done

MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
I'm making a complimentary thread to Stupid Things I've Done. This one is for the extremes you have set up, just to see what would happen.

I was inspired after I came across a collection of Orphan Black characters. I installed all nine, twice, converting the second set to male counterparts. Then I put all 18 of them into one house, little more that a studio apartment with one double bed. I gave them some bonus funds so they would have an average of 20,000 simoleons each, and then waited for the house to break up.

It didn't take long. Within a few sim hours, one sim (Andrew Hendrix), took half the money and moved into one of the most expensive lots in the game. There are a bunch of houses available for under 50,000, but apparently, he felt he deserved better. He didn't even bring anyone with him.

Edit: Elizabeth Childs moved out about an hour later into another big house with 6 bedrooms and 4 baths. Alone. That leaves 90,000 for the other 16 sims. Ouch

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I'm not sure my silly is the same as your silly...but...
    I decided to have a sim catch a perfect fish of every species.
    I gave up at 92%
    He will catch very nice of the remaining 8%
    Because I'm done.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2018
    I just repeated the experiment in a new game. The first time, I hadn't downloaded the custom content, so they didn't look the way they were supposed to It was a pain importing them all again but I married them all to their male mirror version. This time I reduced the funds they had available, but gave them just enough to be able to afford "Miramontes." It's a big house, but still not large enough for 18 sims. I had to put them into a smaller house first before I could give them the extra funds and move them. I forgot about the worth of the first house in their family funds. It seems they already spent a share of it on a 'Sloppy Jalopy'. All 18 members of the family climbed into this one car and drove off. It reminded me of a circus clown car or the challenges to see how many people you can squeeze into a VW bug. The headed directly to "Nectars Unlimited", a new lot for the new Nectary I'm building in town. Well the one I'm going to build anyway. It's amazing how many sims are attracted to an empty lot designated 'Nectary'. It seems to be one of the most popular lots in town.

Edit: Shortly after arriving at the non-Nectary, two of them tried giving flowers to a non-spouse. I wonder how many divorces are imminent?. But I can't keep watching, my sims are finishing breakfast and have things to do before going to work in the afternoon.
    I saved my game before taking a potty break (with Uncle John's Bathroom Reader). It was noon on a Friday, Sims time, when I did. When I returned, it was late Sunday afternoon (~1700h). I'd forgotten to pause the game before saving. I'd had a lot of things I wanted to get done over the weekend, skill books to read, opportunities to achieve, relationships to build, foreign guests to invite, cloned (no maternity leave) toddler to teach (walking/talking/potty). I could go back to Friday, by shutting down without saving, but is it worth it. Now I'm back to a weekday equivalent for after school/work character development. >:[
    I saved my game before taking a potty break...

I think the last thing I did before the potty break, was for the Journalist/Father to accept a work opportunity to check out a leak (or something) at City Hall, then click the button over the moodlets to check it out. Because I'd missed all that toddler teaching time, I had one parent call in to request a day off. I chose the father because the mother had missed a lot of work and advancement while on maternity leave. Remember, it was a Friday. You may see where this is going. Dad took the day off, finished teaching the child to walk and potty and close to talking. At midnight, I get this message.

"Deadlines cannot be missed! Doing so is completely unacceptable. If you hope to succeed as a journalist, you'll need to learn to do things on time, every time."

Because it had been so long, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, I didn't know what the message was about. Then it hit me. He never went to work to submit the City Hall story.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Less silly, more just weird stuff I do when I’m bored :D
    tumblr_pdrwjpt6un1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    Bears become cooking masters in my kitchens :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Bears become cooking masters in my kitchens :p
    Well yes, of course they do. But I'm having a difficult time working this out. Is the bear shown reaching for the cookie jars to have a snack, the recipe books so they can make more, or the vase with the flowers? (this could be one of those hidden object game questions...) :p

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Well yes, of course they do. But I'm having a difficult time working this out. Is the bear shown reaching for the cookie jars to have a snack, the recipe books so they can make more, or the vase with the flowers? (this could be one of those hidden object game questions...) :p
    Isn’t it obvious?

Everyone knows that it’s a tradition for bears to dress like that before hibernation. So obviously he’s reaching for a recipe book to make honey cakes that he will store in the cookie jars for winter.

It’s pure science.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Isn’t it obvious?
    Have I ever been known to ask a question whose answer is obvious?

(This, class, is an example of a question that answers itself...) :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I didn't know whether to post this in Silly or Stupid. I didn't think it was stupid enough to be notably stupid. My teen sim has started travelling, to Egypt, mainly to get the Eye of Horus. His younger sibling will be doing the Chinese adventures later. On the first trip he collected enough visa points for a level 1 visa. That was expected. I also expected the level 2 visa on the second trip. He was only accepting quick visa point adventures so far. I'd noticed he'd collected some gold, so I didn't feel bad accepting "A Longing for Gold" He only had 2 of the 5 pieces, but 2 more were available, and the fifth should show up soon. I waited a day and a half out of 3 for that fifth gold. I even tried to buy some from the merchant, but he didn't have any. I finally cashed in the gold and collected enough points for a level 2 visa. I went to buy the 'eye'. I didn't have enough coins. Usually, somebody had collected coins in China so I've never not been able to afford it before. In edit town, I added a bunch of gold coins to an empty lot (I know, that's cheating), collected them and went back for the 'eye'. I was ten coins short. I added another pile of coins to the lot, collected it. Now it was too late for the Special Merchant on my third day.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top