Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

technical support help?

I've been trying to contact EA about the launcher not downloading bought items, but when I go to EA customer support and enter my username and password, it says it's wrong! And I'm sure it's right. I even tried clicking 'I forgot my password', but that doesn't help because my email isn't working!

Since none of this is working (if anyone has tips on this, that would be appreciated), is there any other way to get in touch with technical support for store help?

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited September 2010
    What number can I call if I need assistance with a technical, game play, account, or billing issue?
    http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20772&p
  • KoffeeKatYTKoffeeKatYT Posts: 1 New Member
    Just yesterday I was play the sims 4 with ALL of my CC, I signed off and now I logged back in and it is ALL GONE! I you can help it would be MUCH appreciated!
  • marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    When tech support doesn't help, I post here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English . There are EA workers that answer our questions and most of the time help as better than tech support. You should try it :)
  • LauraTopazLauraTopaz Posts: 33 Member
    I purchased an expensive item and it downloaded and installed (it says) but the item is nowhere to be found. It usually works just fine and I have purchased items since then successfully. What could be wrong and can I fix it? Thank you so much.
  • LilyPeonyLilyPeony Posts: 47 Member
    Hey @LauraTopaz I'm having the same issue with an outfit purchased in the store, did you find a solution to your problem?
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Hey @CamLS92 ~ which outfit is it that you're having trouble with?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    @lauravonawesome It was the Hi-Low Sparkle Dress, from the "Homecoming" collection. I thought it was the set at first but I also have U-Strap High Heels from the same set and didn't have any trouble finding it. So the thing is, I managed to find the dress in the end, but only for young adults, not for teens (whereas the pair of shoes appear for teens). And I assumed because it's homecoming it would be a teen outfit (isn't homecoming during highschool in the US?). So I don't think I have a problem still, or if I do! :#
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited August 2017
    @CamLS92 I don't live in the US, but I believe that you are right (as far as what Homecoming is).

As for the outfit, there are 2 versions of each outfit in the set: one is for teens, and the other for YA/Adult. If I were to guess, it sounds like you have the YA version of the dress.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    @lauravonawesome I just checked, you're right, I feel a bit silly now haha. I didn't notice that the item was twice in the set (one for YA, one for teens), which I find a bit silly to buy the same item twice but that's a whole other discussion :)

Thanks for helping though! Much appreciated
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    In case this helps at all, Homecoming is a high school event that brings together current high school students (the teens) and alumni of the school (the adults). I go to mine all the time, wave my cane at those young whippersnappers, and shake my fist at them. Never considered wearing a dress to one, that might make things more interesting.

Just kidding, I've never actually been to one. ;)

Edit: Hope that didn't offend anyone! It's just not the way I would see myself going to Homecoming if I ever really wanted to attend from more of a fashion sense perspective than a gender identity one. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @igazor Personally, I never consider someone wearing a dress to be making a statement of gender identity. I once gave optical fashion advice to a man wearing a floral tea dress with full beard and hairy legs. He definitely didn't act in any way feminine. I could never figure out if he was conducting a sociology experiment, lost a bet or if he had escaped his keepers... :D Very nice man, though. A pity I couldn't sell him the glasses. :p
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @1need4kaffee I know this is so off topic but just had to tell you intel's new processor is called Coffee Lake :p I want one just for the name. Runs off to drink more coffee
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @phoebebebe13 That is awesome. B) I would love to say my programming degree (that I don't use) is specializing in Java but that would be a lie because I prefer databases to web design.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2017
    @1need4kaffee Java and a coffee lake processor we would both have the best computers ever :p I would love for all my computer hardware and software to be named after coffee products
  • brownsfan1092brownsfan1092 Posts: 1 New Member
    Years ago I purchased the free packs for the Toyota Prius (regular, V, and C) as well as the packs that had the Ford Fiesta, and Focus. Is it possible to get these anymore as they do not appear in past purchases any longer?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @brownsfan1092 - Those would have been limited time offerings. It's probably the case that the items no longer exist on EA's servers after their agreements with Toyota, Ford, etc. expired.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ariana2222222222ariana2222222222 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I wanted to know if there any way I can call for support for my sims game
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top