Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    Does anyone here know how to contact the creator of the MCCC? I've faced something really strange when playing the game.

I noticed that my pregnant NPC sims were in labor for days, they didn't give birth unless I played them. After some testing, I figured it out that "the re-naming new born babies option" was the one to blame. NPC sims won't give birth if I choose to name all the new-born babies by myself. But they'll give birth as long as I turn the option off. When I choose to name all the babies, pregnant NPC sims will be stuck in labor and won't give birth, I won't receive any windows asking me to name the new-born babies, either. It seems that something goes wrong when a pregnant NPC is about to give birth, at the same time when I am supposed to get the windows which allow me to name the baby. This weird thing ruin my game playing since I want to be organized by giving any sims a unique name. If I can't name the babies when they're born, I have to wait when they age up to toddlers because I can't change the name when they're still as babies. And going through every households to do so is really exhausting!

So if anyone here can help me contact the creator of MCCC? I think my problem seems a bit difficult to deal with...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Does anyone here know how to contact the creator of the MCCC? I've faced something really strange when playing the game.

I noticed that my pregnant NPC sims were in labor for days, they didn't give birth unless I played them. After some testing, I figured it out that "the re-naming new born babies option" was the one to blame. NPC sims won't give birth if I choose to name all the new-born babies by myself. But they'll give birth as long as I turn the option off. When I choose to name all the babies, pregnant NPC sims will be stuck in labor and won't give birth, I won't receive any windows asking me to name the new-born babies, either. It seems that something goes wrong when a pregnant NPC is about to give birth, at the same time when I am supposed to get the windows which allow me to name the baby. This weird thing ruin my game playing since I want to be organized by giving any sims a unique name. If I can't name the babies when they're born, I have to wait when they age up to toddlers because I can't change the name when they're still as babies. And going through every households to do so is really exhausting!

So if anyone here can help me contact the creator of MCCC? I think my problem seems a bit difficult to deal with...

Come over to Deaderpool's discord and share your problem in the General Support channel. The help team will decide if it's something Deaderpool needs to know about. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://www.patreon.com/egwarhammer
    image.png
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I wanted to ask a question on the MCCC Discord site but I find it too confusing ( I may be in the wrong area)...I continue to have relationships culled even though I always have mccc updated and have chosen No Relationship Culling in the options.
    The only file I keep when updating is the settings. Do you think I should delete it and start fresh?
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Question bc I've gone through all the options and I'm not finding what I want...

I'm trying to set up my game so babies born will be 70% male and 30% female but I'm not seeing that as an option in the pregnancy settings.

Wondering if setting that % split in the Population settings covers babies born in game? I am assuming it does, but I just wondered if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited March 2020
    Susim62 wrote: »
    I wanted to ask a question on the MCCC Discord site but I find it too confusing ( I may be in the wrong area)...I continue to have relationships culled even though I always have mccc updated and have chosen No Relationship Culling in the options.
    The only file I keep when updating is the settings. Do you think I should delete it and start fresh?

It's much easier to discuss on discord, so please try again in the "general_support" channel.
    Question bc I've gone through all the options and I'm not finding what I want...

I'm trying to set up my game so babies born will be 70% male and 30% female but I'm not seeing that as an option in the pregnancy settings.

Wondering if setting that % split in the Population settings covers babies born in game? I am assuming it does, but I just wondered if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!

The MC Population setting Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Percent Male refers to spawned sims only. There is no option to set a general ratio of female/male newborns.

The only option I know is the command "Sim:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnancy Phase > Offspring" where you can "edit" an already existing pregnancy regarding number and gender. But this is only valid for that particular pregnancy. As all commands from the sim MCCC menu, it's not a general setting and doesn't affect the whole world.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

Thanks!

Statement from Deaderpool (MCCC creator) regarding your question:
    "I believe it was requested before and I researched it and found it to be pretty difficult and not really worthwhile. EA's system isn't really built for dynamically setting the percentages like that. And even if I allowed it, internal game things like food, music, etc. would alter that percentage so people would be telling me all the time that my setting wasn't working."
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Hi, is there a way to fix out of sync calendar when setting the game speed to slower? 6AM festival just starts on 6PM of the day before.
    Zorelora wrote: »
    Hi, is there a way to fix out of sync calendar when setting the game speed to slower? 6AM festival just starts on 6PM of the day before.

No, as far as I understood, slowing down game time wouldn't fix this, quite the opposite. In general changing the game time causes a lot of issues in most cases, so I would never change it. It's technical feasable, that's why this option exsists, but the game is not made for it.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Susim62 wrote: »

It's much easier to discuss on discord, so please try again in the "general_support" channel.

Thanks!

The MC Population setting Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Percent Male refers to spawned sims only. There is no option to set a general ratio of female/male newborns.

The only option I know is the command "Sim:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnancy Phase > Offspring" where you can "edit" an already existing pregnancy regarding number and gender. But this is only valid for that particular pregnancy. As all commands from the sim MCCC menu, it's not a general setting and doesn't affect the whole world.

Man, that's a bummer. I guess I'll just have to do it the hard way and control every pregnancy (it's a type of 100 baby challenge, but I'm letting my male sim impregnate everyone so I don't have to deal with the kids LOL, so.... I usually change it this way on played families if I want to, but having to manage all the baby mommas/daddies is gonna be rough hahahaaaa)

Thanks for the answer!!
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Zorelora wrote: »

No, as far as I understood, slowing down game time wouldn't fix this, quite the opposite. In general changing the game time causes a lot of issues in most cases, so I would never change it. It's technical feasable, that's why this option exsists, but the game is not made for it.

Thanks so much for your answer. May I ask another question? Can mcc make sims randomly become boyfriend or girlfriend or engaged just like when they make sims randomly marry and get pregnant?
  • sofiusofiu Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi.
    I had made 3 different households and wished to merge them as one so I recently downloaded the MC Command Center (version 7.0.0) to my Mac. I had created a whole different game to be able to play them all, I had also changed my Sim Household count to 25, but it still won't let me add my other sims to the household. I really need help. Thank you!
    edited March 2020
    sofiu wrote: »
    Hi.
    I had made 3 different households and wished to merge them as one so I recently downloaded the MC Command Center (version 7.0.0) to my Mac. I had created a whole different game to be able to play them all, I had also changed my Sim Household count to 25, but it still won't let me add my other sims to the household. I really need help. Thank you!

First of all: you shouldn't do this. The game code is not written for households with more than 8 sims. You could lose individual sims or your entire household. Worst case is a corrupted save game with no chance to recover it. MCCC has that option, because there is the technical possibility to do so and there are some scenarios like group poses where you can use it without any risk. But that doesn't mean, that it's a good idea to use it for continuous gameplay. Of course you can do whatever you want with your game, so it's up to you to carry on. You have been warned.

Regarding your issue, you cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner.

Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the “sim_move” command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. "sim_move” can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household.

Also, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu under “Maintain Sim” to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.
  • IronMunkeeIronMunkee Posts: 1 New Member
    I can only assume this has been answered before but is there a way with MCCC to make your randomly generated Sim children to look identical to their parents? It's bothersome how hard I work to make attractive and human-looking sims only to have their children spawn with blue skin, gigantic noses, ridiculous clothes, and a weight problem.

I've completely made a custom neighborhood with nothing but custom sims and I want them to age and marry/have kids on their own to make the neighborhood feel more alive and play through generations but I have to edit all the sim offspring because they're hideous.

With MCCC is there a way to make the children an almost identical copy of their parents (of the same sex) except maybe with a different hairstyle and clothes? Or at least minor differences and sensible clothes?

Any info/help would be appreciated, Im new here.
    edited March 2020
    IronMunkee wrote: »
    I can only assume this has been answered before but is there a way with MCCC to make your randomly generated Sim children to look identical to their parents? It's bothersome how hard I work to make attractive and human-looking sims only to have their children spawn with blue skin, gigantic noses, ridiculous clothes, and a weight problem.

I've completely made a custom neighborhood with nothing but custom sims and I want them to age and marry/have kids on their own to make the neighborhood feel more alive and play through generations but I have to edit all the sim offspring because they're hideous.

With MCCC is there a way to make the children an almost identical copy of their parents (of the same sex) except maybe with a different hairstyle and clothes? Or at least minor differences and sensible clothes?

Any info/help would be appreciated, Im new here.

You might try these settings from the MCCC computer menu:

Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Offspring > Use Parent Physical Attributes
    If enabled, a teenager's body appearance will be more like their parent. The fitness/fatness of the Teen will be a random value within the ranges of their parent values. Each body part appearance will be the same as the parent that they share a gender with, or a random value within the ranges of their parent values if both parents are the same gender as the Teen. The values here will have random variance based on the Appearance_ParentAppearanceVariance setting, if applicable.

Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Offspring > Parent Values Variance Percent
    This setting works with 'Appearance_UseParentAppearance' setting. This allows entry of a percentage number that the offspring's physical values could vary by from the parent's physical values. It defaults to 0%, which would make the child's physical attributes look exactly like their parent. It can go up to 100%, but this would probably be pretty silly since if it was that high, you'd probably just not want to use the Parent Physical Attributes anyway. 10% is probably a good example of a number that would cause some deviation between the parent and child, but not a great deal. Note that this value is plus or minus. So a setting of 10 would allow the values to be 10% less than the parent's values or 10% more.

Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Offspring > Use Parent Skintones
    If one of the two parents of a baby Sim has a custom skintone, rather than averaging the skintones used by the parents for the child, it will randomly use either one or the other of the parent's skintones. This will prevent some weird skintones that babies would get when using custom skintones in your game.

Regarding the blue skin issue, you might try this:

Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Offspring > Bypass Blue Babies
    If this setting is enabled, then any babies in human form will be forced to use a 'human' color. Hybrid babies will not be blue/green/purple and the blue/green colors in EA's default CAS skin tones will also be blocked. If this setting is disabled, which is the default setting, then EA's baby generation code will determine what skin-color all babies have and I just let it through as-is.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    My game keeps spawning townies when I go to a bar. When I use MCCC on these townies it says 'Bar Regular' for each of them. Is there a way to make sims of my own choice be Bar Regulars by using MCCC?.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

candystorm wrote: »
    My game keeps spawning townies when I go to a bar. When I use MCCC on these townies it says 'Bar Regular' for each of them. Is there a way to make sims of my own choice be Bar Regulars by using MCCC?.

No, not with MCCC. To prevent new sims spawned for those roles, you might try mods like Paulson's "NPCC" or Bienchens "Townie Overhaul". Be aware that those mods tend to break with new game updates, so check frequently for updates.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Whats the difference between Flag Freeze Physique and Flag Freeze Appearance. I've never seen the appearance option until now...
  • maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I thought I had my MCCC arranged so that I had the least possible aliens but I have many of them appearing. Could you please tell me the correct setting to have as few as possible. Thank you
    taydev wrote: »
    Whats the difference between Flag Freeze Physique and Flag Freeze Appearance. I've never seen the appearance option until now...

Flag Freeze Physique
    A Sim flagged for Freeze Physique will never lose or gain muscle or fat from their current state.

Flage Freeze Appearance
    This will prevent the flagged Sim from having their appearance modified to match the templates defined in MC CAS in automated processes, like when a new random Sim is created or when Sim's zone into a lot or age-up. It will not prevent changing their appearance manually through the MC CAS Sim menu or from copy/pasting the appearance from another Sim over the specific Sim. Since those are manually happening, the player is choosing that they will occur and are choosing to override their flag.
    edited March 2020
    maggidesto wrote: »
    I thought I had my MCCC arranged so that I had the least possible aliens but I have many of them appearing. Could you please tell me the correct setting to have as few as possible. Thank you

Check whether
    Computer:MCCC > MC Occult > Aliens > Maximum Aliens = 0 (zero)
    Computer:MCCC > MC Occult > Aliens > Abduction Settings > Allow NPC Abduction = "Disabled"
    Computer:MCCC > MC Occult > Aliens > Abduction Settings > Abduction Frequency = "No Alien Contact"
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    @Bonxie thank you!
  • maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Thank you @Bonxie I'll check those settings
  • KonijnenoorrrKonijnenoorrr Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have a slight problem. When I click a sim and go to MC Pregnancy and click pregnancy start, the sim that I want them to have a baby with is never an option, even if that sim is their spouse. Is there a reason for this? Thank you in advance.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I started playing legacy for the first time and I have set custom age settings in MCCC.
    It works perfectly fine for all ages except babies.

My age settings for "normal" sims are fine and it also works for NPC's.
    But I have set babies to 28 days and the game still aged up the baby after two days.

Does anyone have an idea why this happend and how I can fix it?

Thanks! :)
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • sofiusofiu Posts: 6 New Member
    okay so, I had gotten this notification for a while now, and I don't know what to make of it: "Last exception caught by MCCC" does this mean that MCCC needs to be removed or updated? Or should I ignore it completely?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top