Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits you Avoid

Comments

• Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised with how many of these I constantly assign my Sims. :D I almost never assign the good traits; ones like Jealous, Slob, Mean, Noncommittal etc help me create more interesting stories.

If my Sims constantly make messes, steal things, never get off their butts, etc. the chaos gives them personality. I even use mods to increase the amount of bad traits I can simultaneously give. >:)
  • Options
    gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2020
    I never make my sims, evil, jealous, or mean. I'm a Libra, so I like my sims to live in peace and harmony.

I never make them snobs or materialistic either. Basically, I never give them any negative traits.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I really wish having one flaw was mandatory; it was the one good thing from Medieval. But yes, I agree with @thesimmer14 in that I find it amusing how many traits listed here that I use almost always myself.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I recently gave one of my Sims the Hot-Headed trait and it became the reason this picture exists.

1399326be0586719741144371c71b5730cbda1ec.png

Taero was really irritated from her first day of work as an Unruly Activist. I thought it would be interesting if she is someone who wants to make the world a better place, but also has little patience for it. :) I haven't been back to play her yet since I started my BACC though.

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited March 2020
    I never avoid any of them, because I usually randomize the traits. Only if I plan something special for the Sim I choose them myself.
    I'm currently bored with the creative trait, because it comes up too often when I use the randomize traits button. Also the permanent inspired moodlet on creative Sims is annoying.
    I love negative traits on my Sims.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Glutton
    Mean
    Slob

Nuff said!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Story-wise it can be interesting. For example Bella Goth has the 'good' trait, her son who's also a super spy the 'evil' trait. (In my game)
    His sister has the 'evil' trait. They will be sitting there plotting something evil and doing the evil maniacal laugh as their mom walks by... :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    XxEmoDreamerxXXxEmoDreamerxX Posts: 25 Member
    I don't use active, bro, or unflirty much. The unflirty trait just annoys me because I always like to have my Sims in relationships and eventually some of them have families and the fact that they'll randomly push their SO away when they try to kiss them even after years of marriage and having kids together is weird and annoying to me. The only time I really use it is if I have a sim that's specifically aromantic or asexual which is rare. The others I don't mind as much but this is the one that really annoys me lol.
  • Options
    XxEmoDreamerxXXxEmoDreamerxX Posts: 25 Member
    I guess I also don't use lazy or slob much either just because it makes me mad that they won't pick up after themselves or do certain things when I want them to and if they do, they complain about it.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've used all of them at one time or another. The ones I use the least have to be Insider, Squeamish, and the animal lovers trait. I have a whole neighborhood of loner/kleptomaniacs in one save. With a random 3rd trait. It's a lot of fun.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    I avoid the "hates children," "foodie," "glutton," and "insider" traits for similar reasons posted above.
  • Options
    capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    Hates Children is just annoying for me, as I am a HUGE family player.

I think that's it really, I enjoy most of the traits, mainly because they add some stupid stuff to the game.
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • Options
    SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    clumsy, snob, glutton, insider and vegeatarian are ones that I never really give my sims. probably because they give so many negative moodlets?
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    clumsy, snob, glutton, insider and vegeatarian are ones that I never really give my sims. probably because they give so many negative moodlets?

I’m currently playing with a household of four sims and one of them has clumsy and the other has glutton and tbh I haven’t seen any negative moodlets associated with either of those traits. Clumsy seems pretty useless at this point except the sim breaks dishes when she’s trying to wash them. The glutton can rummage for food in the trash which is fine for me since I’m doing an off the grid live off the land type of gameplay and times get tough. 😅
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    With only three trait slots available I never used the squeamish trait.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited March 2020
    Have never used the jealous trait as am a bit lazy with maintaining relationships in my game, nor do I use 'bro'.
    I also haven't used kleptomaniac very often, though amusingly I get a lot of townies with the klepto and/ or evil traits.
    My favourite traits are erratic and paranoid because I like their random reactions. Glutton makes for some good comedy photos. I like childish too as it's fun to watch them playing with the big stuffed animals. 😁
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • Options
    'bro' seems kinda useless to me. I don't particularly avoid it, but it's like a wasted slot. Same with 'vegetarian'.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Throughout the Sims series' I have avoided certain traits, mean, evil, unflirty, klepto, glutton, slob. Most of the traits, imo, don't do much except bring on tense moods if your sim doesn't do them enough. But, I have tested some of the more nasty ones and I have found I love the mean trait. :D I have a sim who is mean and also a spellcaster. Those sims he hates, if he gets into an argument he will zipzap them, lol. I love it! I have big plans for him. :D

Lesson being, don't poopoo a trait because it sounds like no fun, it just might surprise you. Some I just refuse to give my sim, glutton (hate the way they eat), unflirty (even a friendly hug is too much for these sims), slob (nope, for obvious reasons) and hates children (for obvious reasons).
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    My favorite combo for humor is "erratic, childish, goofball". :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sqeamish, Active, Vegetarian, Clumsy are some of my favorite traits.

Traits I NEVER use are: Mean, Evil, Hates Children, Unflirty, Insider.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I never make my sims evil or insiders...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Slob, Lazy, Hot-Headed.
    Which is why I keep her in the basement. :D
    iMteKz4.png

EDIT: Not 'mean', but rather hot-headed. Plus she has the 'dastardly' trait from 'Chief of mischief" aspiration. So technically she's mean.
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Well, at least she was a happy toddler.
    I feel sorry for her sometimes, even thought it's just a simulation game. :)
    tyvgygP.png

EDIT: She's not 'glutton', I 'm not sure why I thought she was. But that's one trait I can't stand.

BTW, 'Glutton conflicts with 'Foodie'. A foodie likes good high quality food, whereas a glutton will eat anything, even rotten garbage.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I avoid any trait that makes my sim in a bad mood for no reason, like hot-headed (just because), hates children (they are always around), evil/mean, insider (rarely play clubs), vegetarian (i always forget to check my food) and so on.

But funny enough - I love romantic, family oriented, foodie, active (they hardly gain weight), materialistic and snob which some of you hate.

But most of the time I give them traits that makes everything easier like cheerful, neat and kind.
  • Options
    BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    As a family player: any of the traits that cause autonomous dollhouse smashing. My legacy gen 2 married a hot-headed sim, and there were times she'd wake up just to smash her daughter's dollhouse. I'd make her repair it immediately if I couldn't stop her in time. I really considered getting rid of her, but she was a good mother otherwise.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.