Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what Sims 4 is lacking

12346...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Holy moly, you guys. The Meaningful Stories mod is fracking amazing! :o
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

That's really good to know! I don't use too many mods at once actually, to avoid incompatibility. My main mods are usually just MCC and UI Cheats and sometimes a tuning mod for something specific that bothers me (like phone use!) But if it works with MCC then I'll totally try it out. SoL is another one I need to throw in there some time.
    Slice of Life is fun. I need to check out Meaningful stories too. I heard good things with it. Yeah the cell phone and constant texting bothers me too. I would love an in-game option for that too.

Haha! I just had my sim try to call someone in sims 2. You can't call someone who doesn't own a phone. I love it and I missed that!
    I really miss it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • su-alex-12164su-alex-12164 Posts: 2 New Member
    Echo de menos la cabeza flotante en la interfaz SIMS 4 La cabeza flotante en la interfaz ha estado en las 3 generaciones que la extraño, es como una cosa icónica de la marca de sims. Extraño esto en los Sims 4: '(
  • Ursine1bearUrsine1bear Posts: 3 New Member
    SaveState - DLC has furries. You can create a dog, fox, wolf, cheetah, tiger. There's also a neon green for an alien furry. They have dog, cat or curled tails, rounded, folded or pointed ears. You can choose between hind paws or the Maxis feet and shoes. You can change the length and width of the muzzle and the size of the nose. There's an extra skin pack for more colors to use with version 2. They will keep their shape in the shower and bath. They will not change to normal Sims like a werewolf.

You would click on the head, then choose in the skin details for the head, ears, tail, hind paws. You must use SaveState's eyes for version 1. You can use the Maxis hair or crest. The long pants and some skirts can mess up the hind paws.
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    Why on Earth wouldn't they have made sure most of this was carried forward into newer editions? My sims seem dumb - especially not able to step over things or go around a corner.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes TS2 just had so much life to it. Sims didn't have emotions but all these little details gave them so much more personality. For example going to restaurant was so much more fleshed out experience. TS4 advertises always you can tell your story but in reality you really can't. You can't skip on a bill or propose in dinner table. There is no miss Crumblebottom or stuff like that. It feels like other sims doesn't react to your sim unless you talk to them. In TS2 NPC etc were always reacting to everything.
    I'd say Sims in Sims 2 actually had emotions unlike Sims 4 we did not need a huge icon to tell us as their behavior and reactions to situtations such as anger when cheated on let us know and they did not instantly forget and return to a smile seconds later.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    I liked Sims 2 very much, it seems to me that later series had much poorer gameplay. In Sims 2, particular add-ons seemed to play best together. My beloved was Own Business. Neither 3 or 4 unfortunately allow you to run so many different activities.
    I am also a builder type, in 4 I miss, for example, placing plots in any places and such trifles that I am waiting for and I hope that soon they will be, for example, designing ceilings or building stairs at an angle.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 4 still needs:
    Color Wheel
    Playable Babies
    Sorter Teens
    Eyelashes
    Nails
    Better Accessories
    More Traits
    Fave Colors
    Astrology Signs
    Open Neighborhoods
    Vehicles
    Better Seasonal Activities
    Better Festivals
    More Vacation Worlds
    Resorts
    Better Romantic Interactions
    More Toggles
    Werewolves
    Genies
    Fairies
    Better Plantsims
    Heartshape Beds
    Bunkbeds
    Cribs
    Time Machines
    Time Travel
    More Larger Worlds.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    https://youtu.be/A0eV1d-L-mc

Height slider, hair physics, clothing physics, and color wheel. Things the fourth iteration of The Sims definitely should have had.

Meanwhile, today, The Sims 4 released a blog about dumpster diving and eating bugs. :no_mouth:

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Sk8rblaze I liked Dumpster Diving in SIms 3, I'm glad its back, but I don't remember it being the main focus of any ambitons trailer/blog post haha
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    I do remember those features! I really did like it when my couple sims snuggled in bed. So sweet. Each game has things that make it a little different though. For instance, even though in sims 2 they're doing more physically while cooking, with sims 3 and 4, sims have more recipe options than in 2. And yes, 2 had some build mode features that we don't have in 4, but there are also a LOT of build features 4 has that 2 and 3 don't. I remember I was so excited to see all the frieze and trim options when I first downloaded 4, let alone what you can do with roof design in 4 that you can't in 2. And even though I loved TS3, and I was a skeptic about 4 when it was first being announced, I have to say that my games never crash anymore like they used to in 3. That used to be so maddening, especially if you lost all your progress because you hadn't saved in a while.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/A0eV1d-L-mc

Height slider, hair physics, clothing physics, and color wheel. Things the fourth iteration of The Sims definitely should have had.

Meanwhile, today, The Sims 4 released a blog about dumpster diving and eating bugs. :no_mouth:

Thanks for that Paralives Reveal and I am digging it as it looks like it goes more in depth in customization that Sims 4 and that is an good thing. The trailer was nice as EA/Maxis does very well at hyping but sometimes the actual product differs than the reveal trailer. Still going to wait for an sale as It failed to get me pumped up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I do so love the competition with Sims 4 & Paralives.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I'm glad there is a Firefighter & Repomen NPC we need a Police NPC as well as vehicles in The Sims 4.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Open World and more things for the Sims to do it is boring.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Honestly people say the sims are all the same in TS4 but they still are in TS2 more or less i dunno why people say they weren't at all the same, apart from the different small accents programmed into each personality they were still the same, the kids and teens still did the same and danced the same and when adults danced they did the same movements too i dunno how people can't see that lol. Also i've never seen my TS2 sims slide down the balcony of stairs or play with the fridge, rub their feet against the carpet to produce static electricity or show off gymnastic tricks.

Some things i didn't like about sims in TS2 is them stuffing their face and i found NPCs were boring in Shops they just wouldn't browse anything and kept socializing instead so my Sim just felt lonely they were just there to fill the Lot but it was just boring building for it, people swear their Sims browse in Shops but i've never seem them do it ever, this is where you see that the sims are still more or less the same in TS2, i also actually didn't like the Sims kept reacting to every item you buy which often resulted in them just getting in each others way and the worst problem with it was when you just built something and the last 2 or 3 objects you put in it all the sims race towards it to check it out resulting in bumping into each other so i'm glad that's not there it was unnecessary to me.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    For me, the sims 4 is just got one thing that it lacks: FUN
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Holy moly, you guys. The Meaningful Stories mod is fracking amazing! :o

I can't play without it :)

I think the Sims themselves are lacking personality. And there needs to be more focus on toddlers and children
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims