Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Huge Congratulations on the baby! <3
  • Renamed2002210933Renamed2002210933 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey how're you doing today? If you're reading; this we're not trying to pester you or make you put your parental duties on hold but some of really need to make our careers. If it's possible could you perhaps give site permission to someone who'll run it while you're away? Just asking. But anyway have a good day.
  • baveigarbaveigar Posts: 8 New Member
    > @CoronaVirus said:
    > Hey how're you doing today? If you're reading; this we're not trying to pester you or make you put your parental duties on hold but some of really need to make our careers. If it's possible could you perhaps give site permission to someone who'll run it while you're away? Just asking. But anyway have a good day.

I second this. I don't want or mean to put pressure on her but she hasn't posted in this forum since June or July.
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > You can make careers via Mod Constructor and there's a tutorial on how to do it. https://kisakijro.wordpress.com/2020/01/05/custom-career-101-part1/
    > @CoronaVirus @baveigar

@MizoreYukii
    I'm unsure if it's just my computer, but it says the site can't be reached.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited February 2020
    @baveigar It might be your computer, or maybe an internet issue, as it works on my end still. Maybe try a different browser or VPN?
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    You can make careers via Mod Constructor and there's a tutorial on how to do it. https://kisakijro.wordpress.com/2020/01/05/custom-career-101-part1/
    @CoronaVirus @baveigar

Thank you sooooooo much for that link! I honestly think this to be the only alternative for my careers; I am working on it now. :smiley:
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Hello all,

I've updated the Create-a-Career tool, and did some optimization, so it's now running again !
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @Neia!! You're awesome :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Neia thank you so much for making the time out of your busy schedule for us!
    The website stopped working. Is anyone else getting this? It was just working a few minutes ago.
    Apparently I can't edit my comments. It seems that if you try and delete a career it tanks the website serverside
  • JussMeeJussMee Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Neia, thanks so much for updating the tool. I was wondering if you could add the Research and Debate skill to the objective list, when you can of course. Thanks again!
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Hi @Neia

Thanks so much for updating the tool! I hope all is well with you and the new baby <3

I'm having a slight issue since updating my career where my sim won't go to work, and clicking on the "go to work" button doesn't do anything either. Have you, or has anyone, had this happen, or heard of this happening?

Also, the regular python instructions didn't import the .py file into the _pycache_ folder for myself and another person, so instead of using the cmd function, I clicked directly on Python.exe and imported it and then it showed up. I don't know if the two are related.

Thanks for any help!

Simmiller :)
  • Phebe86Phebe86 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, @Neia i have a problem. since tonight the career builder has dubbed me the main career in one branch, if I modify the branch or the main career the other one changes and vice versa. also testing the career in the game I can not choose the various branches but only the main career automatically takes me. I'm sorry because I had created a career with 5 branches :'(
  • niab1515niab1515 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello! I tried making my own career using your tool and I got pretty far. I didn't realize s4pe was a pc only programming situation (I have a mac). so I was wondering where do I go from here. thanks!
  • DageelingDageeling Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia
    Thank you soooo much to offer this tool for everyone. It was so fun to create a career and test it. I was just wondering if there is a way to add more complex branching? (I know the game didn't have this as well...) But this way, you can create a career that splits in 2 at one point and splits again after a point. Or create a career with questions to answer (you can solve this using the branching) and that leads you to different outcomes. With the normal branching, you can only do this once in every career, but with complex branching, you could do this on every step.
    Just a thought.
  • angeljsangeljs Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm blown away by your software! I created a couple of careers for the Sims 2 which I've been wanting to convert. I have managed to convert one, but I'm wondering how I can know which expansion packs are required for any created career? Are they base game compatible?
  • GaensebluemchenGaensebluemchen Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia
    Thank you so much for this tool. I used it for the first time and it was so easy to create a career. Great job!
    But i have an issue. If I add an icon to the second track, this track will appear again. If i delete the third track, the second track will also be deleted. Maybe you can fix it?
  • BansheeBunnieBansheeBunnie Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia Hello! Sorry to bother you! I'm afraid I misplaced my password for your modding tool. Can you help me recover it, please? My username on your tool is bansheebunnie as well. Thank you!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Hello all,

The tool has been updated, I've added the missing DU skills and the new Eco ones
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    @Neia thank you very much for the work you're still putting into the Career Tool. Hope everything is well.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Hi! I'm encountering an issue. When I start to create a career, at the very first steps, if I click 'add track' or 'edit track', it just takes me to a blank page. I tried on different browsers, same result. Anybody else having that problem?
  • KorikonKorikon Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello Neia! Thanks for updating the tool for the latest patch. It is my first time trying to make a career, since every custom one I had downloaded from other modders stopped working with the latest patch XD

I tested the career out in the game and my Sim went to work fine, got home, earned the money, but suddenly I was no longer able to click on her Needs icons to make her attend to them. They didn't show up as clickable anymore. I tested with a couple of different families in different saves and the same thing happened each time.

Have you / anyone else who has used the tool come up against this issue before and managed to resolve it? Thanks in advance :)
  • creeper321448creeper321448 Posts: 2 New Member
    There's a glitch with the tool where one of my branches in my career duplicated itself three times. I can't just delete the other branches, as when I edit one it affects all the other branches of the same name so deleting one will delete them all. None of the other named branches in my career have this issue but one does and it's screwing up everything, even in game it messes up the photos and icons for each branch of the career.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top