Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Deleted by user)

mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
(Deleted by user)
Post edited by mysph1t on

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    You can't log in offline and play? I can. I can't use the gallery but I can still play my game.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I couldn’t play the sims 2 earlier as it said the servers were down. I agree that it’s pretty poor that we can’t play our offline games when the servers are down. Thankfully my sims 3 runs off disc. I wish my sims 2 discs worked on windows. I would never need origin again.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    mysph1t wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    You can't log in offline and play? I can. I can't use the gallery but I can still play my game.

It literally was telling me my library was empty, and before that it said that the expansions I had weren't installed, and were "pre-ordered". It's absolutely ridiculous the level of restrictions EA has on this content. I don't mind being disconnected from the gallery while servers are down, but to say I don't even have games I purchased and installed is tantamount to theft.

I'd have to agree. I've honestly never seen that and didn't know that was even possible. *lucky me* I've gotten messages saying servers were down and asking me if I'd like to log in offline.

I was also under the impression (I can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure that it was EA's website in a Q&A) that we are actually supposed to be able to access TS4 with or without an internet connection. I don't know if this is changed, but you might want to try reporting your issue to EA?

I created a shortcut on my desktop to TSM, TS3 and TS4 and launch the games that way. It launches origin too, but if it's down, I just get that message about offline play and otherwise it launches the games. I don't often even see the games in my origin library. I don't know if that's helpful for you or not, but it's how I've always done it and I've always been able to play, even when I've seen messages on twitter saying servers were down.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

It literally was telling me my library was empty, and before that it said that the expansions I had weren't installed, and were "pre-ordered". It's absolutely ridiculous the level of restrictions EA has on this content. I don't mind being disconnected from the gallery while servers are down, but to say I don't even have games I purchased and installed is tantamount to theft.

I had the same message as did a few others.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I had just changed email address on my Origin Account the day before, so I just kept getting the message "can't start the game before verifying your online account email address" (or something to that effect).

Look, I get it. I am sure the online gallery is on the same server park as the origin accounts. But that should NOT in any way block you from accessing your OWN locally saved stuff nor your game.

Steam does not have this issue; it just warns you that you can't backup your saves while offline (But then Steam is what Origin wanted to be and always failed at, which is why EA now has released all their games back on Steam again).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I had problems with Origin not recognizing my old account & my Sims 4 games last year. It cost me a total of $500.00 to get my games back as well as the new Strangerville at the time. I wish they would apologize to me & reimburse me. They should know both accounts were me because of my email.
    It's very rude & wrong of them.
    I miss the days where there used to be customer service & goodness.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    In my experience those messages the OP mentions are newer over the last few years. I had uninstalled in 2017 (and Origin) reinstalled last year to check out game again, and couldn't play without being online, first, and none of my packs were available unless I went online. ETA: And yes, I didn't have access to my own library of homes and Sims until I went online though I have the saves and they were in my saves. Needless to say that was enough to make me not play for another four or five years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm pretty sick of not being able to play a game I paid money for because servers are down/buggy. It's not an online game. Let me play what I paid for.

Origin is a pain. I have issues with playing if Origins isn't online or if it's buggy. Sims 4 isn't an online game.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    This is strange, I have had issues with updating origin in the past, and though I couldn't play sims 4 because you have to at least have origin up for that, though I never play it online either, I am always offline, I have been able to play both Sims 2 and Sims 3 without having origin running. Neither of those games are from disk either. It seems origin never treats 2 customers that same way. I do hate the application. I have to jump through hoops to get it working every time it updates, or the Sims 4 updates. It should not be that much trouble.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I had this happen to me last week. Origin was down and automatically logged me out for some reason. Then it didn't recognize my email or my password and I couldn't play. I need to play to get my story updates ontime but that wasn't the case. And Origin servers were down and buggy. This is really awful. I hate that my hands are tied to an online server that goes down sometimes. Yes, I can play offline mode but not when Origin is bugged out and totally down and basically fried. I had to wait over 24 hours for it to fix.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If you disconnect your computer from the internet before you start the game Origin usually starts you in offline mode. However, it doesn't always work and I have to connect, log in, and then disconnect to play. This is rare but it happens.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    We had an internet outage a couple of weeks back. I couldn't play a game I've put literally hundreds of dollars into because I couldn't log into Origin. The reliance on being connected to Origin is a hot mess.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I've had occasional problems with connection to Origin as well. And they want the next The Sims game to be an online multiplayer? Smh....
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I've had occasional problems with connection to Origin as well. And they want the next The Sims game to be an online multiplayer? Smh....

Expect a Fallout 76-level disaster with that...

Having to have Origin active on my computer to get into my game is kind of a pain. However, I've been lucky enough that I have never had a problem with not being able to log in offline and play that way. It would be nice to be able to access the game without Origin on, though. One less background thing, especially for players on weaker machines.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    My Origin had the curse of fatal death today, it's great.

Every now and then it uninstalls games or DLC by itself, which isn't exactly great, but today I can't launch anything because it claims Origin isn't installed at all. No online, no offline, nothing. I can't uninstall it because it claims to be gone already, despite the fact all of its files are present in their registries to the point I can locate the files it says are missing right where they're supposed to be, and downloading it again doesn't work because I get instant errors (a different one every time too). I'll probably have to do a complete scrub and wipe it out completely to start from scratch. Found a bunch of Reddit posts from folks having the same issue from 2017.

The best part is that EA help isn't working for me. I go to file a case about it and where the options to choose a contact method should be it just says "Test" with no actual options.

The rest of my PC is fine and clean, Steam and all its games are fine, games outside of launchers are fine, it's just Origin.

I miss the days when you put a disc in, installed a game and then played it.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'd really prefer to disconnect the sims franchise from EA.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I like both the disks and no more EA ideas! Having problems today, both game and gallery. Be nice if the game was in the hands of folks that actually know what they are doing.