Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Myshuno Meadows (Design Voting)

lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Edit: Updated my share links for pics, so they should work now.

So I'm working on rebuilding Myshuno Meadows and I'm trying to make it interesting and new. Here is what I have so far:

Front:
oDptKyt.png

Back:
uSE2uFo.png

I plan on posting a series of screenshots for y'all to help me decide what looks best in the different spaces because I have a lot of ideas and I'm not sure how to narrow it down.
Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
Post edited by lzbthnndgls on

Comments

• Options
    So first vote: Wedding venue seating. What's your favorite?

Traditional 1:
    UTXQcC4.png

Traditional 2:
    y189uYs.png

Ottomans 1:
    8tszikx.png

Ottomans 2:
    yT6cAZd.png

Ottomans 3:
    MGYDeok.png

Outdoor Seating 1:
    kYu052t.png

Outdoor Seating 2:
    URfTWXJ.png

Modern 1:
    uH7hSjN.png

Modern 2:
    m3KPrDs.png

Modern 3:
    oUm7dLQ.png

• Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Traditional 2
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Traditional 2
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you are making over Myshuno Meadows! The pictures the first post are not appearing though
    I like modern 2 :)
  • Options
    @rosemow, thanks for letting me know! I'll try reembedding the share links.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Outdoor seating 2
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I'm wanting to rework Myshuno Meadows, maybe turn it into Gamesend Grounds from Sims 2. I have two questions.
    1, will the lot still function however it is supposed to as a special lot?
    2, if I save it to the library, will that lot still work as it's supposed to when placed?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    @lisamwitt Well from what I've been playing around with so far, this is what I've learned:

Myshuno Meadows is a special lot, kind of like the Magic HQ in Realm of Magic or the career lots. You cannot change the lot type until you upload it to the gallery. (I will be defining it as a park on the gallery but anything will work.) When you pull a lot from the gallery to place on a special lot, it will override the type of lot specified on the gallery and make it the special lot because the special lot type is tied to that specific lot. (Side note: Not sure if they fixed this, but when you placed lots from manage worlds, it kept the same lot type. So if you pulled a lot from the gallery that was residential and placed it on top of a bar, the house would be denoted a bar until you visited it and manually changed it. I think that bug came about when Get to Work came out with the first special lots and I don't think it was fixed as not a lot of people notice it)

Since Myshuno Meadows is a special lot, and it's special lot type is a park, you can't change it to a bar and expect bartenders to show up and patrons to file in at night like actual bar lots or make it a restaurant and expect cooks and customers and waiters to show up. I am building a restauraunt on one floor and my sims will have to manually hire chefs but there will never be any waiters. That's just a restriction of special lots. I'm sure there's a mod to change it but it will be what I call a dangerous script mod that could cause your game to break (I equate messing with lot functionality similarly to buffs...you can do it, but it's not reccomended, especially if you're on a laptop or if you have a lot of other mods, or the mod creator is new to modding (experienced modders can pull it off))

So basically the answer to both your questions is yes. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Thank you all for voting on the chairs for the wedding area! I really appreciate your input and went with the traditional white chairs. I have three more votes for you all with a lot fewer choices

Vote 1: Portico Lighting (Sorry about the quality in these, imgur seemed to blur everything for some reason)

A)
    JH25mQh.png
    B)
    JI5mlpE.png
    C)
    Mae2Oac.png

Vote 2: Restaurant Color Scheme

A)
    t5lOsNw.png
    B)
    9fwXsRa.png

Vote 3: Bathroom Color Scheme

A)
    bA7kojE.png
    B)
    KHdVRSD.png

Feel free to vote on all or one of the choices. I'm really excited to see what all of y'all choose! And of course, when I return to the project, I will have more choices for y'all
  • Options
    @lzbthnndgls Thank you so much for your help! I didn't want to hijack your thread, but I figured this is where I might get an answer. I'll take a look at what you have there and vote as well.
  • Options
    For vote 1, C.
    Vote 2, B.
    Vote 3, B.

I really like the setup you've got.