Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA to release 20 new content drops and Expansions in fiscal 2020

1234568...Next

Comments

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I just dont know which way EA is heading . They advertise for staff for a new simulation game , which most people thought meant Sims 5 . Then now they announce they are laying hundreds off , Why not transfer the ones they already have to this new game .
    It’s a point I think like me they at feel that The Sims 4 is getting a bit stale and think a new development team might inject some much needed freshness in to the next Sims game they have finished with this team there contracts have not been renewed time to let them go to make room for the new blood that what I think anyway.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ok, so monthly patches/updates would already cover more than half of that 'promise'.
    Then I'd say 1 or 2 EP's, 2, maybe 3 Gamepacks if we are lucky, we know at least 1 stuff pack is coming, but for sure we can expect 2 or 3 in total as well. So that's that? What is different than any other year..

Unnecessary hype creation.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    awlchick wrote: »
    Everyone always complains that the sims isnt like an older sims. The whole point of making a new sims is to make it different!
    Yeah, some things are cool to have forwarded to a new game like cars and such, but not everything. May as well play the old sims games if that's the case!

@awlchick The point of a new sims game shouldn't be to be totally different. Its about improving the graphics to run on more modern devices... I can't play Sims 1/2 in my desktop computer cuz its more advanced than my laptop... I want the newer iterations to at least be exactly what the previous one was, and they should try to make the content better/more improved. They shouldn't have removed the open world or the CASt jsut because it was buggy in Sims 3, they should take what they could learn from those features and improve them, make them better, not delete them to add nothing on its place.
    doogerie wrote: »
    I just dont know which way EA is heading . They advertise for staff for a new simulation game , which most people thought meant Sims 5 . Then now they announce they are laying hundreds off , Why not transfer the ones they already have to this new game .
    It’s a point I think like me they at feel that The Sims 4 is getting a bit stale and think a new development team might inject some much needed freshness in to the next Sims game they have finished with this team there contracts have not been renewed time to let them go to make room for the new blood that what I think anyway.

@doogerie EA should buy paralives and give Alex the leading director role, his vision for this game is much more centered in us players than Sims 4 current vision which is focused on the money. Yes, they need money to be a business, but they can have a balance between the two.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    awlchick wrote: »
    Everyone always complains that the sims isnt like an older sims. The whole point of making a new sims is to make it different!
    Yeah, some things are cool to have forwarded to a new game like cars and such, but not everything. May as well play the old sims games if that's the case!

They made a killing selling the same packs for 3 whole iterations, and now with 4 they do the same thing across more packs. No the point of a new Sims game isn’t just to be different, it’s to be better than the last one. Being different doesn’t mean better, especially when it’s different by default.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If the 20 content drop count is at 17 then aren't we due anytime now ( because time's up this month) 3 more free content patches or at least a GP?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

They might lay off staff, then those staff have to re-apply for the new positions with new contracts. It happened to me once. I got my old job back only after signing the new contract, but I was protected by my very strong union at the time.
    @Cinebar

18 if you count the 20th Anniversary hot tub

Thanks. I guess we can expect two content drops before the 1st of April then?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar

A patch and a Game Pack, that would fit. But I’m worried corona will have muddled the timeline and we will have to wait.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar

A patch and a Game Pack, that would fit. But I’m worried corona will have muddled the timeline and we will have to wait.

I'm pretty sure they don't work on something right up to the minute it is to be released. Anything they were going to do before the 1st of April was planned and finished months ago.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    They're probably pacing things to pad out releases between content, that and COVID has more than likely affected things.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    More Cars Please.