Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Here from the old sims2.ea.com?

simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
Back in early 2008 I discovered the sims 2 website and loved it so much I went on it all the time. Anyone else remember those days/been on that site? Remember giving people "benes" for good/helpful posts? Those were the days of the sims.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    Yes, I remember. :mrgreen:
    It was my first gaming site. I was very quiet at the beginning. I remember when pinstar1161 started the Legacy Challenge and when SmokerCat went from the top to the bottom and when Securom hit the game. Good times and bad times. :mrgreen:
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I was on the swedish sims 2 site. thesims.se
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It was my first gaming site. I was very quiet at the beginning. I remember when pinstar1161 started the Legacy Challenge and when SmokerCat went from the top to the bottom and when Securom hit the game. Good times and bad times. :mrgreen:

Ew, Securom! That was a scary one- I never did notice my games not being able to reinstall (I believe that was what it was, where you could only install the game from the CD 3 times or something?). I have reinstalled the sims 2 games numerous times with no problem. My username was sims2ultralover5 on there and I liked taking requests making sims. I also made a bunch of "Abbey Dawn" clothes for teen and adult females from Avril Lavigne's clothing line.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Ew, Securom! That was a scary one- I never did notice my games not being able to reinstall (I believe that was what it was, where you could only install the game from the CD 3 times or something?). I have reinstalled the sims 2 games numerous times with no problem. My username was sims2ultralover5 on there and I liked taking requests making sims. I also made a bunch of "Abbey Dawn" clothes for teen and adult females from Avril Lavigne's clothing line.

SecuRom was locking people's drives, iirc. The game was only to be installed on 3 computers but any many times as you want. :)
    I wish I would have downloaded my Legacy and Apocalypse stories from there. :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    I was on The Sims 2 BBS since October 2006.

The Bulletin Board System was a nightmare as forum, it was impossible to follow a thread.

SecuRom was locking people's drives, iirc. The game was only to be installed on 3 computers but any many times as you want. :)
    I wish I would have downloaded my Legacy and Apocalypse stories from there. :)

Oh okay! Well good thing I used the same PC for 12 years before I decided I needed to get a new one before the hard drive died, lol. I even backed up all my games and cc onto a flashdrive and put it onto my new computer after installing all the sims 2 games.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've been following since '05-'06, but I don't think I officially made my account until a decade ago. I don't know why it took me so long, because I kind of regret it, but on the other hand I appreciate and cherish those fond memories for that whole community at that time. Such a simpler time 😊. The best thing I loved about that site was obviously the downloadable content, but most importantly the stories. Everyone, even those wo weren't complete nerds, made their own story with some form of creative aspect, whether it was an informational piece, romance, mystery, horror, or whatever else.

I never followed any forums or really any content creators, I just enjoyed the site for what it was. I am, however, jealous that I didn't grasp around the site actually closing down permanently (I wasn't following any SMS, nor did I see/hear anybody talk about it). I figured it was just a temporarily shut down, like it once did in the past, so I never saved any favorite contents (I also didn't know how to storage stuff either). Kinda bummed too because I enjoyed the stories I was potentially going to post in the future. Their in-game story scrapbook was what convinced me to try and write chapters.
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Meeee! I joined around 2005 I think. I miss some of the things that site had.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes, I was on the old BBS and had a different name. Wndy10010. I spent a great deal of my time when on the site in the help section to help with the game and pcs. I rarely ventured over into general but did talk about EPs and gameplay in the EP sections. I don't think I ever left any feedback, lol, I was pretty happy with the game. :D on the old TS1 site I never said anything I just downloaded free stuff from fans and Maxis. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    Yes, I´m from sweden and I loved that site.
  • nykspadenykspade Posts: 13 New Member
    wow, yes i was on there! no idea what my username was. it all came back to my mind when you said "benes"
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    All those downloads, that seemed magic at the time. Definitly was part of that ^.^
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    All those downloads, that seemed magic at the time. Definitly was part of that ^.^

I miss the downloads from that site- I wish more of it was backed up but I know most of it is just gone forever.
    Dijktafone wrote: »

I miss the downloads from that site- I wish more of it was backed up but I know most of it is just gone forever.

I have all of the Maxoid stuff and store stuff on a thumb drive. I'd be really upset if I lost it.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I kept my downloads in a safe... I mean a hard drive! But I still get them.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Me! I signed up for the website in 2003 to get the Bodyshop demo. :) I also transferred my username over to the Sims 3 website, so it's still the same one I'm using now
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited March 2020
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I also transferred my username over to the Sims 3 website, so it's still the same one I'm using now

Mine is too. :) I use LadyGray on everything else game related, even MTS. But for some reason I used my name when I signed up on the Sims 2 site. lol.

• TashMiChelleTashMiChelle Posts: 2 New Member
    I also remember the site and was a member back in maybe 2005. I use to love to go there to download sims and lots. Those were the days when playing sims was much simpler.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2020
    I was registred at the French version of it for a short time.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was, and that was where my current username started. :)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yep. Was there for the majority of it's glory until it crashed (literally).

Made it all the way to - what was it? Super Social Sim? before the lock out.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Was there from the get-go and spent a lot of time going everywhere and doing everything. The really great thing, other than the wide variety and amount of content is that it was a players' site. Yes, EA had it's own spot but the bulk of the site was OURS!!!! The stories, the pictures, videos, links to all sorts of sites, discussions, the help and support of other simmers. A world unto its own. Pretty much the reverse of the current situation. Have found chunks here and there on the net, wayback machine comes to mind for some of it.
    The really great thing, other than the wide variety and amount of content is that it was a players' site. Yes, EA had it's own spot but the bulk of the site was OURS!!!! The stories, the pictures, videos, links to all sorts of sites, discussions, the help and support of other simmers. A world unto its own.

That really was what made that site so fun. I still remember some of the stories and builds that were shared.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yes I remember it and read a lot of the stories posted. I like looking at the CC and video preview of the new games to come. I even remember a Sims 1 site that had the stories. I hope the next iteration will allow a function to write stories in game and upload them
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • WeirdAlienWeirdAlien Posts: 23 Member
    I remember that site, I was there. I miss it and wish it was still running, although I know there is no support for it, sadly..