Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes, I use cheats all the time
    I use Motherlode and MOO, exclusively. Buydebug kills my eyes and frustrates me and I really have no need for the others. I am not opposed to using the others if I wanted to though. I really want a cheat without a mod to make strangerville normal, though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Pretty much all the time, mostly MOO, testingcheats and the other build cheats for building, occasionally freerealestate when i need to place a family in a house for purposes, other like needs cheats as the need arises. I hardly ever use money cheats on the families I play (and I've actually cheated money down more than up). Money is so easy to attain in game.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ThangwenThangwen Posts: 39 Member
    I use MOO and other builder cheats. Sometimes I use freerealestateon when I need to toss my builder sim onto a lot I am working on to test playability. I have used the CAS cheat to give townies makeovers!
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I rarely if ever use cheats during actual play, but almost always keep them on in build mode. So no? But yes?
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    All the time. Not necessarily while playing, but I do use them constantly during building. I just want access to everything the game has to offer.
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Only if I actually need to use them, e.g. if I'm making a story or need to reset a sim.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    This actually a bit misleading. Are you asking if we use the cheats that require testingcheats to be on? If so, then no. If not, then yes. I use bb.showhiddenitems and bb.moveobjects on/off.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I used to use cheats exclusively, but after I learned how to install/use mods (which was only a few years ago) my cheat code usage has lessened. Now I only use them when I need to do something that MCC doesn't cover. That is, unless using mods counts as using cheats.
    I do use freerealestate on when putting a new family into a house because after a while it's hard to find homes for two-four sims when they only have 20,000 simoleons and the homes cost more then 90,000 simoleons. Sometimes I'll use the cheat "money" and enter the amount I want depending on what I'm doing with that family. I do open a cheat to remove a trait I don't like or to try to remove the child or teen's phase. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    I have the cheats written down and I always look up cheats for the new games, if nothing else, to see if there are any. I usually do this while I'm looking to see if there's any new whoohoo locations and if so, where.
    I run a sims Facebook group and most of people in there either can't, won't, or don't know how to use mods so it's good to have cheats readily available to post for them to refer to if they need to. I test the cheats and update the cheat codes file I have posted in my group so they know which ones work, which ones I couldn't get to work, and which ones no longer work. I even put little notes below the cheat code one what they do and if there's any trick to getting it to work correctly.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I always use cheats, mainly the build ones and also to add money or remove it if Im playing a rags to riches story. It all depends on how I want to play...I have families that Ive cheated on everything and also some that have started on nothing and are working their up cheat free.
    Although if Im starting a big family I do often give them cooking and handiness max skills so they can fix stuff and not burn the house down!
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I've used a few cheats, but never really anything to ease my gameplay. I've used the cheat to unlock the Beans and the Magic Stump since I missed that event, and I've also used some CAS cheats to fix some glitches - for instance, my teen witch Duplicato'd himself on a public lot, but his duplicate never disappeared and became a townie on that hidden list you can't access. So I had to age him up via a cake, move him in, and then age him down back to teen so he can be with his "twin." Then there was Alexander Goth, who grew up and had this really high pitched voice that I had to fix. I've also had to reset some Sims when they got bugged and stuck in impossible places like behind staircases.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited March 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    I use cheats mostly to correct bugs in the game (like completed whims not registering, or needs not getting filled when they're at school or work. Like, you're telling me their place of business doesn't have a bathroom? 🐸🐸🐸🐸, lol) OR to facilitate story progression or other tweaks to NPC households, so I can more easily move sims I'm not playing in directions that make sense for the world or story OR the correct issues that come from playing rotationally, since I usually end up playing 5, 10, or even up to 30 or 40 households eventually and dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 happens when you're not directly in control of these dumb sims lol. And yeah, like others have mentioned, things like taking AWAY funds that seem to get generated by all sorts of things when you're not looking :D

Like, basically mostly story cohesion reasons I guess--making things "make sense," ya know?
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Only the "resetsim" because they often freeze.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Max motives just for the sake of all-nighters with friends. Also gave my main sim all the celebrity career perks without him being an actual celebrity, because it sucks to be one.
  • cjdelaneycjdelaney Posts: 4 New Member
    Build cheats have helped me express my inner designer! I’ve always used “motherlode” but I’ve started some challenges and am trying to avoid using cheats altogether.

Any cheats you find yourself using often or can’t live without?
    I sometimes use cheats
    cjdelaney wrote: »
    Build cheats have helped me express my inner designer! I’ve always used “motherlode” but I’ve started some challenges and am trying to avoid using cheats altogether.

Any cheats you find yourself using often or can’t live without?

Nope, I can live without them all but I'd rather not live without showhiddenobjects and moveobjects on/off

• xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I’m not sure if I’d be able to live without moveobjects.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    "So how many cheats do you use in the game?"

Yes.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Sorry, I haven't been checking this for a while and just realized how terribly I wrote the poll choices for it... So if you chose sometimes I use cheats that's basically like "bb.moveobjects on" or "cas.fulleditmode", or in some games I use cheats. My bad 100%.
    Proud simmer
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    Sometimes, when things are going all wrong. The "mailbox" is my good friend at this point. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • VGN34DVGN34D Posts: 9 New Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use cheats for building a house, nothing else.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    The only cheats I've used are to fix Sims when they get stuck or glitched (ResetSim) moveobjects etc I haven't cheated to use money or add Sims etc.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use cheats sometimes... I don't really like using money cheats (unless it is the Runaway Teen Challenge), I like to keep my game as realistic as possible. The only cheat I use a lot is cas.fulleditmode on.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I use the 4 building cheats on every build I do and then the motherlode as well. I don't enjoy the game without those.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
    edited April 2020
    I sometimes use cheats
    I only use cheats sometimes... I don't really like using money cheats (unless it is the Runaway Teen Challenge), I like to keep my game as realistic as possible. The only cheat I use a lot is cas.fulleditmode on.

I was the same way except I do use bb.showhiddenobjects when doing a house that I intend for an NPC family. But then, I built "The Modern" (which is available in the gallery). I was irritated with the spacing of the objects and the inability to clutter up desks and flower gardens so I tried bb.moveobjects on/off and now I'm hooked on it! It makes things look so much better. I still try to keep the game as real as possible though.

By the way, if you decide to try bb.moveobjects on/off, make sure you set it to off when you're done editing or your sims will place obects like dishes inside other objects on surfaces. They too seem to be unrestricted when that one is turned on.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    This game can be too boring not to cheat. I use aspiration cheats, money cheats sometimes but mostly free real estate and need cheats.